Lost Island Boss Fight Payouts

BK

Boss fight payouts are unbalanced compared to other maps and element farming on other maps. 

320 for hard is too low considering the time it takes to farm the fights. The map will be obsolete at these rates for the majority of the community.

Either change the requirements or change the payout. 

At the current payout the easy fight shouldn't require tributes.

Please balance and update.

It's pretty clear the lower element rate was intentional. There's no real way to farm element on the map aside from mass breeding/murdering tek creatures, which is abysmally slow even if they're allowed to mature for the increased drops. It's an interesting change of pace from the Gen maps and it changes progression. For this map  if you want to perma base there you'll probably need to farm excessively on one of the easy to farm maps like gen2 and grind it to dust to transfer or farm gachas that produce it and transfer them over once they open.

I would like to make an underwater vaccuum base and it looks like my only real option is to grind the boss.

For you guys that have beaten it, how difficult is King Monke ?

I've beaten other bosses before on official so I'm familiar with the rex, yuty, pig strategy,  just not sure how this boss stacks up to others.

8 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I would like to make an underwater vaccuum base and it looks like my only real option is to grind the boss. For you guys that have beaten it, how difficult is King Monke ? I've beaten other bosses before on official so I'm familiar with the rex, yuty, pig strategy,  just not sure how this boss stacks up to others.

Seen raasclark try to cheese it, wound up going into cheat mode cause it killed his congress of monkey's. Id suspect this is going to be a usual rex run, better work on those mutations.

I've beatin gamma and beta on official pvp servers. Gamma with raised spinos but the water in the fight didn't give the buff so scratch those.  Beat it again with raised theris. Fairly easy on both.

On 12/29/2021 at 4:19 AM, Niil said:

It's pretty clear the lower element rate was intentional. There's no real way to farm element on the map aside from mass breeding/murdering tek creatures, which is abysmally slow even if they're allowed to mature for the increased drops. It's an interesting change of pace from the Gen maps and it changes progression. For this map  if you want to perma base there you'll probably need to farm excessively on one of the easy to farm maps like gen2 and grind it to dust to transfer or farm gachas that produce it and transfer them over once they open.

This was several of the reasons I was requesting higher payout. 

12 hours ago, BK said:

I've beatin gamma and beta on official pvp servers. Gamma with raised spinos but the water in the fight didn't give the buff so scratch those.  Beat it again with raised theris. Fairly easy on both.

This was several of the reasons I was requesting higher payout. 

Thanks. I've only just begun the process of raising an army.

You mentioned Theris. Would you reccomend theris over rexes and if so why ?

13 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Prolly cause of the cakes. Don't get me wrong, a fully mutated rex army is a boss buster for sure, but if your in a hurry for element and tek engrams, couple theris, a quick breed run, slap some deathworms for levels, and cakes, and you have a solid boss fighter on your hands.

18 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Aside from cakes theris became useful because of the dragon fight.  Herbis take less damage from fire.  U can see where im going with that.  The dragons all about surviving the DoT.  Reducing the impact damage of the flames gives u a few more seconds to survive, maybe survive an extra flame wave.  Of course couple that with cake and pig healing and you can drastically increase your survival time.  So why breed a team for every boss when the theri can do basically all of them?

On a side note, all boss battles are a game of dps vs hp ratio.  Ever since the spino tlc the spino has a better dps/hp ratio then the rex by 10%, that means a spino with the same point placement will outperform a rex every time in open conflict.  Only exception is if ur having 1 of ur tames tank all the attacks without the intent of actually fighting back(walling tactic).  Since bosses are a ur dps vs how long u last scenario, the spinos dps allows him to outdo the rex by killing the boss faster.  U dont need as much hp if the fight ends faster.  If u need proof have a rex and spino with the same hp and dmg point placements fight each other.  Iv tested this repeatedly after the tlc, and so did others on youtube.  The spino always walks away the winner in a fair fight.  Also if u want a 1 team fits all thing, like me, aberrant spinos can help on ab as well with rockwell.

8 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Aside from cakes theris became useful because of the dragon fight.  Herbis take less damage from fire.  U can see where im going with that.  The dragons all about surviving the DoT.  Reducing the impact damage of the flames gives u a few more seconds to survive, maybe survive an extra flame wave.  Of course couple that with cake and pig healing and you can drastically increase your survival time.  So why breed a team for every boss when the theri can do basically all of them?

On a side note, all boss battles are a game of dps vs hp ratio.  Ever since the spino tlc the spino has a better dps/hp ratio then the rex by 10%, that means a spino with the same point placement will outperform a rex every time in open conflict.  Only exception is if ur having 1 of ur tames tank all the attacks without the intent of actually fighting back(walling tactic).  Since bosses are a ur dps vs how long u last scenario, the spinos dps allows him to outdo the rex by killing the boss faster.  U dont need as much hp if the fight ends faster.  If u need proof have a rex and spino with the same hp and dmg point placements fight each other.  Iv tested this repeatedly after the tlc, and so did others on youtube.  The spino always walks away the winner in a fair fight.  Also if u want a 1 team fits all thing, like me, aberrant spinos can help on ab as well with rockwell.

The spino does interest me. I'm a big fan of the animal in general and what you're saying about the dps bump does make sense.

However I think it will come down to saddle. Rex saddle BPs seem much more prevalent than spino or theri ones. I have no interest in doing the dragon atm either.

Guess the boring old rex wins again.

12 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

The spino does interest me. I'm a big fan of the animal in general and what you're saying about the dps bump does make sense. However I think it will come down to saddle. Rex saddle BPs seem much more prevalent than spino or theri ones. I have no interest in doing the dragon atm either. Guess the boring old rex wins again.

Man the spino never really interested me really. I mean the first time I seen one, oh yeah. I thought it was the ultimate death machine and ran away from him like a scaredy cat. MUCH later on I killed a perfect 150 in the river with a crappy level 78 argy and I was like "wait......this was easier than trying to kill a rex, and it ran away from me? Hmm spiny must be a glass cannon"
Never looked back at it from there. =/

11 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

The spino does interest me. I'm a big fan of the animal in general and what you're saying about the dps bump does make sense.

However I think it will come down to saddle. Rex saddle BPs seem much more prevalent than spino or theri ones. I have no interest in doing the dragon atm either.

Guess the boring old rex wins again.

Ya the spino saddles are harder to get then the rex, but the same drops give good armor and weapons.  So it wouldnt be a waste of time.  Of course you'll want a 80 armor saddle regardless and your going to be going cave/deep sea chest looting regardless to get that whether its the rex or spino.  So tho the rex saddle is easier to find in general, and good rex saddle is just as hard to find as a good spino 1, which is basically a requirement for the boss fights.  That opens the door for you again.

As for the actual bosses, i dont know if ur intending to take rexes to all the fights.  Do remember rexes cant go to Ab and are a pain in the tek cave for their horrid turning radius.  If you want a 1 fits all team, go with ab spinos.  Ur going to need to breed them anyways for ab, do you really want to spend forever (Because it takes F'n FOREVER) breeding rexes just to breed spinos later anyways?  It took so long breeding them i took a long hiatus 2x from ark for how comatose i felt doing it.  It took that long.  That said when my aberrant spinos were done, i took the spider and kong alphas with just 10 spinos, no yuty or pig, no casualties.  Same 10 took the gamma dragon but i had to squeeze their levels a lil more before they could take it without casualties.  Thats the difficulty spike with the dragon and again with the overseer.  The overseer is worse because you have 2 DoT situations to deal with with overseer dragon and the giga guardian's bleeding effect.  Dps is ur friend there.  U got to do all this anyways for ascension.  Do u really want to waste timing breeding things your going to potentially replace, by breeding the creature ur avoiding anyways?  Even if the saddle takes longer to find (which statisticly it shouldnt really), surely ud prefer wasting a day or 2 more looking for it now then the month breeding the rexes, just to look for it anyways and use another month breeding the spinos.

11 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Man the spino never really interested me really. I mean the first time I seen one, oh yeah. I thought it was the ultimate death machine and ran away from him like a scaredy cat. MUCH later on I killed a perfect 150 in the river with a crappy level 78 argy and I was like "wait......this was easier than trying to kill a rex, and it ran away from me? Hmm spiny must be a glass cannon"
Never looked back at it from there. =/

U dont know the point placement for that 150, and its smart enough to bale when its outgunned.  Yes it has a hit box u can nail on its fin making it easy to safely kill it.  Now try that again with a mounted 1 thats standing allowing it to turn in place with a 2x dps to a rex's.  Ur bird would been B slapped out of the sky.  Again, raise 1 with roughly the same point placement as the rex.  The rex WILL lose.  Be it Lv1 vs Lv1 or 51Hp/51dmg vs 51/51, same result.  And since boss battles work basically the same as a straight up brawl, spino is superior, especially in battles where killing the enemy fast is mandatory (Like the dragon).

10 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

U dont know the point placement for that 150, and its smart enough to bale when its outgunned.  Yes it has a hit box u can nail on its fin making it easy to safely kill it.  Now try that again with a mounted 1 thats standing allowing it to turn in place with a 2x dps to a rex's.  Ur bird would been B slapped out of the sky.  Again, raise 1 with roughly the same point placement as the rex.  The rex WILL lose.  Be it Lv1 vs Lv1 or 51Hp/51dmg vs 51/51, same result.  And since boss battles work basically the same as a straight up brawl, spino is superior, especially in battles where killing the enemy fast is mandatory (Like the dragon).

well against the dragon {and since the hidden buff to the broodmother} I still just kinda tank it with the theri's, cakes, pig, and yuty setup. Granted, I will give the spino's credit on hitting faster than any other boss dino, but that run against that 150 just left a bad taste I can't shake. Sure, it might have had 80 points in its food stat {and if you have seen any of my "typical" tames you would also agree XD} But I just couldn't believe how easy it was to take on such a large creature and I allways felt as though it would suffer unless I mutated for months on end with abusive server settings

Now with that said, in the fight against this monkey king, I suppose it would be just as effective against it as the rex's. But I wouldn't be surprised if you got to incorporate some mutations to get things right against the alpha variant. 

Oh and the way I attacked that spino was I burried the bird into its chest and spammed attack. I wasn't highly skilled in flying at the time XD

1 minute ago, wizard03 said:

well against the dragon {and since the hidden buff to the broodmother} I still just kinda tank it with the theri's, cakes, pig, and yuty setup. Granted, I will give the spino's credit on hitting faster than any other boss dino, but that run against that 150 just left a bad taste I can't shake. Sure, it might have had 80 points in its food stat {and if you have seen any of my "typical" tames you would also agree XD} But I just couldn't believe how easy it was to take on such a large creature and I allways felt as though it would suffer unless I mutated for months on end with abusive server settings

Now with that said, in the fight against this monkey king, I suppose it would be just as effective against it as the rex's. But I wouldn't be surprised if you got to incorporate some mutations to get things right against the alpha variant. 

Well ya, the healing ability of the theris kinda makes them the best period lol.  I was only comparing to the rex.  Tho ur theris arnt going to ab to help you.  The easy of killing it is because its base hp is 1400 vs the rex's 2200.  They have the exact same lvl up percentages for their point placements.  That means they keep the same percentage power gap, which is 10% in the spinos favor.  Spino loses roughly a 3rd of its hp to double its dps over the rex's.  Therefore the spino will do more dmg then a rex before it dies.  Boss battles are dmg before death scenarios.  Its a ratio, and the spino's ratio is 10% better then the rex's.

With that said, if you have the same point placement in a spino team as a rex team, it should be capable of doing the exact same job, just slightly more efficiently.  If the rexes get out with 50% health the spinos should leave the same fight with roughly 55%hp and in roughly half the time.  Thats not even including the utility advantages of better traveling speed, object "climbing"(Rocks on the beach) and SWIMMING.

I kinda understand the sour taste thing tho.  Mines more of a vendetta with the theris XD.  When i was a noob i had a hut, a dodo, dilo, and a sarco i tamed using a slingshot (i was a badazz noob X'D).  It was my 1st 24hrs playing.  Well while i was huddled around my campfire at night some azz munch theri decides to stroll up next to my dodo and decide to get upset about its personal space (i hate that AI type, i think it needs reworked) even tho its the 1 that put us in its personal space.  So it murders my dodo, sarco, dilo, me, my fire, and my hut.  Later on i had something similar happen to me with a chalico too.  So, i mostly murder every theri i meet as a big F U to these walking azz holes XD.  So im opposed to using them, plus i dont want to take another half to full year dreading ark breeding them when i have a ab ready team.

I was thinking of using a megalosaurus army for the dinopithicus boss, never really used them before and so far i got better hp on them then the rexes i tamed. Just wondering how viable they are on bissfights? Saw something a whila back that they use their secondary attack and try to grab the boss? Anyone have any infos about this aand if its just gonna be a waste of time trying then out?

18 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Well ya, the healing ability of the theris kinda makes them the best period lol.  I was only comparing to the rex.  Tho ur theris arnt going to ab to help you.  The easy of killing it is because its base hp is 1400 vs the rex's 2200.  They have the exact same lvl up percentages for their point placements.  That means they keep the same percentage power gap, which is 10% in the spinos favor.  Spino loses roughly a 3rd of its hp to double its dps over the rex's.  Therefore the spino will do more dmg then a rex before it dies.  Boss battles are dmg before death scenarios.  Its a ratio, and the spino's ratio is 10% better then the rex's.

With that said, if you have the same point placement in a spino team as a rex team, it should be capable of doing the exact same job, just slightly more efficiently.  If the rexes get out with 50% health the spinos should leave the same fight with roughly 55%hp and in roughly half the time.  Thats not even including the utility advantages of better traveling speed, object "climbing"(Rocks on the beach) and SWIMMING.

I kinda understand the sour taste thing tho.  Mines more of a vendetta with the theris XD.  When i was a noob i had a hut, a dodo, dilo, and a sarco i tamed using a slingshot (i was a badazz noob X'D).  It was my 1st 24hrs playing.  Well while i was huddled around my campfire at night some azz munch theri decides to stroll up next to my dodo and decide to get upset about its personal space (i hate that AI type, i think it needs reworked) even tho its the 1 that put us in its personal space.  So it murders my dodo, sarco, dilo, me, my fire, and my hut.  Later on i had something similar happen to me with a chalico too.  So, i mostly murder every theri i meet as a big F U to these walking azz holes XD.  So im opposed to using them, plus i dont want to take another half to full year dreading ark breeding them when i have a ab ready team.

Man aberration is such a joke right now.....a lot of people may be complaining about how bad the game is on other maps, but aberration is just straight up unplayable in solo right now. x.x And yeah, I seen some funny videos of people who first encounter theris and from then on they absolutely hate the slappy chicken XD 

Mine was we first started out going onto youtube to figure out what dino was what and what they was good for. At the time we needed wood super bad. {at the time, we thought the beaver dams was the best way to get a CRAP TON of wood.} Then we had a lvl 20 theri kinda park itself accross the river.....whats that, what does it do, it gathers wood? TAMEITRIGHTNOW!

The carnage of a lvl 20 theri vs a thatch hut while we poked it with tranqs from a regular bow, and a sling shot till it started to go into the torpor run.....wow Iv never seen structure fall apart so fast. I wanna say we got it to run away, come back, run away, and come back again before it finally went down. 5.9 hit points remaining......what does it eat? I unno, berries, ok, oh poop its about to wake up, what do we do?.......mom shoots it in the foot with a tranq arrow and it dies 

looking back at it now, Im in tears laughing about it, but back then it was like the end of the world

12 hours ago, iAgnehole said:

I was thinking of using a megalosaurus army for the dinopithicus boss, never really used them before and so far i got better hp on them then the rexes i tamed. Just wondering how viable they are on bissfights? Saw something a whila back that they use their secondary attack and try to grab the boss? Anyone have any infos about this aand if its just gonna be a waste of time trying then out?

I myself do not know how a boss fight would go with the meglo's, however I have seen some very interesting video's of them. Here is one https://youtu.be/AqcN0tp-cUk

More DPS than rex, rex like health, and overall a monster to deal with dureing the nighttime. However Im like you, I think they try to do their secondary attack non stop, and thats just no good........try to sick one unridden on a bronto, see what goes down.

I'm more of a take the easy road when it comes to boss fights. What the easiest thing to tame/raise/find a saddle bp for since I'm on a pvp server and the clock is always ticking to potentially get raided.

Found a 180 tek rex yesterday but it got killed by a damn carno as I was setting up the trap. Big sad. Oh well back to the drawing board.

• 1 month later...

Archived