About the level of breeding dinos

Albatron

How do people breed dinosaurs on a official server 400+ lvl? I read guides about breeding and mutation, I tried it myself on a solo server. After taming a wild dino lvl 150, we have level about 220. I spawned about 100 dino, and I'm interested in 3 stats: hp, stamina and damage. I chose the top ones from them and began to breed, as a result, children of level 240-245 were obtained. But how do people make 400+ of them? Please give me an example or explain to me, please

2 hours ago, Albatron said:

I'm interested in 3 stats: hp, stamina and damage. I chose the top ones from them and began to breed, as a result, children of level 240-245 were obtained. But how do people make 400+ of them? Please give me an example or explain to me, please

Start breeding 3 lines, 1 stat specific in each line. Then mix those lines together untill you have a solid breeding pair.

5 minutes ago, Albatron said:

Can i to mutate more than 40 points into one stat?

Good question. According to the oldschool logic not.
When combining lines the offspring will only get higher stats than a parrent if it mutates, so if both parrents have 244 levels (wild max lvl 150 + 74 perfect tame bonus + 20 mutations) in the same stat, the combination will be still 244. The only way to increase the level (and mutation count) is mixing several maxed out stat lines.

But i have several dino's with a few k mutations or negative mutations in paternal as well as maternal lines, wich is more (or less) than theoreticly possible.
Bottom line: We are talking ARK, everything is possible but unexplained. ;)

13 hours ago, MMaas said:

Good question. According to the oldschool logic not.
When combining lines the offspring will only get higher stats than a parrent if it mutates, so if both parrents have 244 levels (wild max lvl 150 + 74 perfect tame bonus + 20 mutations) in the same stat, the combination will be still 244. The only way to increase the level (and mutation count) is mixing several maxed out stat lines.

But i have several dino's with a few k mutations or negative mutations in paternal as well as maternal lines, wich is more (or less) than theoreticly possible.
Bottom line: We are talking ARK, everything is possible but unexplained. ;)

Thank you for your help)

23 hours ago, Albatron said:

How do people breed dinosaurs on a official server 400+ lvl? I read guides about breeding and mutation, I tried it myself on a solo server. After taming a wild dino lvl 150, we have level about 220. I spawned about 100 dino, and I'm interested in 3 stats: hp, stamina and damage. I chose the top ones from them and began to breed, as a result, children of level 240-245 were obtained. But how do people make 400+ of them? Please give me an example or explain to me, please

You need to keep going, Rex's top out at level 450 then they will disappear north of that...  I'm guessing that the same goes for the other creatures, as I haven't found out yet first hand as I've only really bred Rex's and Gigas... My Giga's are way south of level 450 as yet.. One tip is to kill any animals that don't carry the stats you are looking for, that way you don't end up being over run with unbreedable animals, or if you're feeling generous give them to your servers tribes. Most people just kill them..

Archived