ocean More Water Dinos Please...

SceptileDisfunction

Suggestion

As a person who studies (Not Professionally, yet) Marine Biology as a spare time. I would love there to be a Huge Water Dino Update. I can't stress this enough, the Waters of Ark are very Bleak, lifeless and depressing. I would love there to be more variety of Prehistoric Sharks, Whales, Cephalopod/Mollusca, Marine Reptiles and Other forms of Prehistoric Fish. Also update some of the existing Water Dinos of the Ark. The Ocean is one of the least captured parts in video games and it really saddens me. Even add just litle Ambient fish that you cant tame but you see swim in the ocean. It would just breathe new life into the game. Im pretty sure theres alot of people who agree to some degree with me.

3 replies to this server topic

12 hours ago, Udam said:

If there was a Water update for ark i would

• Update Island, Center, Rag, CI and Vals ocean too add coral, Sea Fungi (trees), Kelp and add a TON more resources. even some new stuff like Organic polly plants.
  • Make the water colder the deeper you go (some maps do this but on maps like CI its Stupid easy
  • Update Scuba suit too be "Armored". Update the look a little and make the armor simi Equal to Riot armor and gives buffs when in the water like less shock damage!
  • Harpoon gun is like a Sniper of the ocean and crossbows would be Nerfted. Harpoon bolts can give gash as well
  • Drills can be used underwater
  • Ocean platforms can be built under them (9 walls plus celling high) and can build off it Just a bit (2 ceilings)  
  • Give updated ability's too Sea dinos, Ether full tlcs or updates (like how they did with the sharks)
  • Add more base game animals that live out at sea (Carbos, Diplos, Snakes (depending on area)
  • Crabs can spawn in the ocean on CI, VAL, Lost island, Gen 1 and gen 2 (the deeper parts)

New SEA Tames

• Xiphactinus (Sorry ark addtions): the Raptor of the sea! spawn in packs, weak alone, OK in numbers, can heal faster after eating a Target, Can Latch on Targets too thrash them, bite has a leech like effect (like blood curse). they will attack Sharks and other sea dinos
  • Suchomimus: Able too swim around or even walk on the ocean/river floor, Can Grab fish and can do Roar too scare targets or boost allies (like a sea yuty)
  • (ill update this later)

Im gonna add on here, speaking as a pvp player ofc so I'm open for pve thoughts on the matter too to add to this but...

PVP Related suggestions:

• Add Bloodstalker/Tropeo grab "Struggle" to Tuso Grabs regarding tamed creatures and players. 
  • Make Tusos Shadowmane-able
  • Buff Mosa Base damage by 50%
  • Add a TEK Cannon similar to the Stryder Chest Cannon (in design) to the Mosa Tek Saddle, working similarly to the following blasts of the space dolpin (if locked on) but larger and takes WAY WAY longer to lock on. Do damage to the rider via splash dmg if hitting NEAR the rider, not just because it hits a tame.
  • Nerf Tuso base dmg by 30-41%, bringing it around to 50-60 instead of 85 and make it hit twice not 3 times.
  • Nerf Tuso HP by 20%
  • Give Plesi a TEK saddle that essentially is just a Platform with a TEK mounted turret on it. Similar to Space Whale Saddle. Add to the non-platform saddle some form of Torpedo type weapon firing system.
  • Increase Space Whale Speed in Water by a large margin. I mean come on, it's a whale, even if it is a space one. Shouldn't be slower than a Leed.
  • Reduce Space Dolphin Speed in Water by a moderate margin. I get it, dolphins are insanely fast, but the maneuverability of these make them impossible to do anything against in air land or water. They need a list of nerfs but thats not related to this post so. I'm leaving that out.
  • Buff Dunkleo HP by 50% and Unpickable by Tusos like the Basilo, also give it a ability like the shadowmane's spikes when bit to reduce incoming dino damage.
  • Reduce Basilo Speed by a moderate margin 
  • Reduce Basilo HP by 25%
  • Improve placeable fabricator tier mounted turrets to be less... bad for underwater use. Minigun should show bullet lines similar to hip fired one from gen2 and half damage of a heavy turret to be useable. Should also have a further range. Personal thoughts: 33 foundations.
  • Add Underwater Modules for Non-Water Weapons such as Fabis, Pistols and Shotguns. Leave Comp bow out of it though. Tek Bows or Harpoon launchers work fine for arrows.
  • Torpedoes for UW rockets. Homing and Non homing. Or utilize rockets as the ammo for Torpedo esq weaponry.

PVE Related suggestions:

• Like I said, open for ideas here, can add if ppl want.

If there was a Water update for ark i would

• Update Island, Center, Rag, CI and Vals ocean too add coral, Sea Fungi (trees), Kelp and add a TON more resources. even some new stuff like Organic polly plants.
  • Make the water colder the deeper you go (some maps do this but on maps like CI its Stupid easy
  • Update Scuba suit too be "Armored". Update the look a little and make the armor simi Equal to Riot armor and gives buffs when in the water like less shock damage!
  • Harpoon gun is like a Sniper of the ocean and crossbows would be Nerfted. Harpoon bolts can give gash as well
  • Drills can be used underwater
  • Ocean platforms can be built under them (9 walls plus celling high) and can build off it Just a bit (2 ceilings)  
  • Give updated ability's too Sea dinos, Ether full tlcs or updates (like how they did with the sharks)
  • Add more base game animals that live out at sea (Carbos, Diplos, Snakes (depending on area)
  • Crabs can spawn in the ocean on CI, VAL, Lost island, Gen 1 and gen 2 (the deeper parts)

New SEA Tames

• Xiphactinus (Sorry ark addtions): the Raptor of the sea! spawn in packs, weak alone, OK in numbers, can heal faster after eating a Target, Can Latch on Targets too thrash them, bite has a leech like effect (like blood curse). they will attack Sharks and other sea dinos
  • Suchomimus: Able too swim around or even walk on the ocean/river floor, Can Grab fish and can do Roar too scare targets or boost allies (like a sea yuty)
  • (ill update this later)

Archived