Gigs losing agro

PierceJ1985

After a long break I decided to start playing on Gen 2. I’ve gotten to the point to where I can tame a giga. I’ve tamed several in the past. I thought “ this will be a breeze with the tek suit.” I’ll just give above his bite range and lure him into the trap. I was using the trap that utilizes the triangle foundations and the triangle roofs. For some reason I just couldn’t keep his aggro. Sometimes he would go after wild creatures. Other times he would just run around in circles. He literally danced around my trap. After an hour or two I got frustrated. I wound up getting him pinned against the wall and place Dino gates around him. I was curious if the community had ran into anything like this. Perhaps someone has a remedy. Yes, I tried punching him in the face lol

15 minutes ago, PierceJ1985 said:

After a long break I decided to start playing on Gen 2. I’ve gotten to the point to where I can tame a giga. I’ve tamed several in the past. I thought “ this will be a breeze with the tek suit.” I’ll just give above his bite range and lure him into the trap. I was using the trap that utilizes the triangle foundations and the triangle roofs. For some reason I just couldn’t keep his aggro. Sometimes he would go after wild creatures. Other times he would just run around in circles. He literally danced around my trap. After an hour or two I got frustrated. I wound up getting him pinned against the wall and place Dino gates around him. I was curious if the community had ran into anything like this. Perhaps someone has a remedy. Yes, I tried punching him in the face lol

How long of break? A while back they implemented some AI that causes them to run away if theyre chasing you and they dont get any bites in (this applies to all dinos) and they (all) also run away when they get high on torp. Maybe not getting bites in is also why it went to eat wilds.

4 hours ago, PierceJ1985 said:

yeah gigas are prolly one of the most brain dead creatures of ark. Super easy distracted, run away very quickly if they can't get to you, just derp out entirely if stuck in a corner......best way of getting them to focus is to use a flying tame to grab a creature, and then both you and the creature your carrying should be enough to get a giga to focus on you and you alone for some time and distance.

Archived