Community Crunch 297: Introducing Fjordhawk, ARK New Years Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Tigressized said:

I keep going to that link but all I see is a list of candidates and a link to the OG vote and a big empty box that I can't type in or anything. How do you actually vote?

You should be able to grab and drag the dinos into the order you like them then hit the blue 'Submit' button at the bottom.

8 hours ago, zsenden said:

For the New Years Event on Singleplayer: do I have to enable it via command, or does it work automatically like Winter Wonderland and other events?Does it work at all in Singleplayer? Didn't check last year.

It didn't work in single players last year at all, was incredibly disappointing.  I was playing at midnight and noon, tried everything in between, even hosting in non-dedicated mode and still didn't work.  Hope it does this year but since there wasn't any mention of it in the post I'm not holding my breath.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
On 12/24/2021 at 1:23 AM, Sparky16 said:

You die and it brings your stuff back to you instead of you having to run all over hell's acre to grab your bag. Not sure how that isn't useful to any one. As a bonus it will collect items for you. The description was pretty clear. I need like 20 of these things. XD

I'm looking forward to it, but a little pessimistic myself. We all know creatures don't move when out of render range, so something tells me if you die halfway across the map in an area that is not rendered then it won't move to come to you until it is re-rendered.

The other possibility is the game teleports it into render range when you respawn, which would be a lot better. But if it is the former, that makes me rather pessimistic. Looking forward to finding out though.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Something I don't understand about this voting system is that I can't tell who's in the lead. the system from the last poll was better tbh

The reasons you can't tell who is in the lead is explained in the announcement. It stops people from just picking the most voted one if their chosen one has no chance of winning etc.

This way people are forced to choose what THEY want and not vote based on known popularity. This way is overall much better.

Edited by GP

Common Name: Fjordhawk

As soon as you’re respawned by the ARK, your friend will track you down and return your equipment to you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I really hope this can be disabled. Better he wait on me on death spot.

2. Maybe this mean that green beam indicator  on spot you are died will be removed?

That would’ve been awesome in the first years!  Many of good gear could of been saved!  I definitely agree about no more big carnivores.  Now if the giga got a TLC I’d be all for that.  The giga is the be all end for carnivores, but there are carnivores for all stages of game play from beginners to end game and even then as game play progresses old meat runners just burn up space in the cryo fridges.  I think it’s awesome that different style creatures are coming to the game, but it makes me wonder what tame new creatures will render obsolete.  Perfect example is the stryder.  I love my stryders, but they have rendered just about EVERY harvesting and hauling creature useless.  My point with this is I’m glad creatures are coming to the game that have useful abilities, but don’t render others turret ammo burners.  It would be nice to get some usefulness back with some of the creatures, the quetz would be at the top of the list for me *cough* flyer speed *cough*.