Community Crunch 297: Introducing Fjordhawk, ARK New Years Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

Concerning New Year Event that can be triggered twice per a savefile. Is there a method to reset the triggers? I am not going to abuse your New Year's present to run this many times. But the thought something might go wrong so I would miss it and have no other option except rollback or accepting the loss is pressing me enough to just not use the event this year again.

1 hour ago, Vnm said:

Would be awesome if this had like a tracking ability, you give it either a specimen I'd or something crafted by a specific player, then it can lead you to where that player is roughly in the map. 

Or tell it to find specific creature of specific level etc. 

This is actually one of the abilities we have suggested for Desmodus draculae, which is one of the creatures in the voting for Fjordur. If you like it don't forget to vote ☺️

1 hour ago, Vnm said:

Would be awesome if this had like a tracking ability, you give it either a specimen I'd or something crafted by a specific player, then it can lead you to where that player is roughly in the map. 

Or tell it to find specific creature of specific level etc. 

I LOVE this idea, I hope it gets included. 

I see lots of people alluding to Haast's Eagle in the comments. Haast's Eagle is one of my favorite prehistoric birds and while I do understand that many of Ark's dino designs aren't especially accurate to real life, I would nonetheless like to point out that Haast's Eagle was large enough to hunt moa. It would be just a smidgen too large to perch on a survivor's shoulder. Imagine carrying 20-30 lbs (9-15 kg) that way.

Still, a design based on Haast's Eagle would be neat to see, at least in terms of visual design, if not size.

2 hours ago, Cyberra said:

Can you please lengthen the decay timers on oil pumps? It's a pain going out every day to reset the timers, and even more of a pain replacing them if we can't be on to reset the timers.

Also, the new gestation monitoring thing does not work on megaloceros. I've bred my deer twice now and cannot see the embryo stats or color even with the buff active.

I disagree about the Oil Pumps Cyberra. The Oil Veins are meant to be a competitve resource, oil rigs can be locked or unlocked depending on the tribe preference. They are not meant to be something you cap and hold for long periods of time. The good thing about the 2 day timer is that oil veins eventually are uncapped and available for the next party who might be on the server at the time. While I do appreciate many of the improvements and QOL updates we've had to the game, I don't believe this one would provide a benefit to inhabitants of the server. The only person who this would benefit is a tribe that wants to hold onto this resource longer.  

I've beem away for a long time, like the start of genesis I think. As much as the new stuff looks cool and I'd love to tame them, it's incredibly hard to come back to the game because of trust issues people have, so trying to join a tribe isn't an easy task. Plus it doesn't help that I've lost my character, I can't recall the server number I last played on.

2 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Is it time to watch carcharadontosaurus lose again?

yes.

Non sarcastic answer, I really don't see the use for this guy considering we already have one useless carno, aka... the carno. The giga is your all-around bitey boy, the rex is your boss dino, the yuty is the bard, and carnos uh... have tiny arms. Even the allosaurus and it's pack bleed effect doesn't really see much use, so the carno's weaker bleed is honestly a joke. So why are we putting in this new guy again? Ah yes "he bite real good". Excellent, ship it. Perfect reasoning there. Like at least 90% of the finalists are new body types, this guy is yet another two legged chomp child. give him interesting abilities or put him in the bin.

Or like, deck him out in glorious feathers, I will 1000% vote for a worthless creature with gorgeous plumage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Oreochema said:

I see lots of people alluding to Haast's Eagle in the comments. Haast's Eagle is one of my favorite prehistoric birds and while I do understand that many of Ark's dino designs aren't especially accurate to real life, I would nonetheless like to point out that Haast's Eagle was large enough to hunt moa. It would be just a smidgen too large to perch on a survivor's shoulder. Imagine carrying 20-30 lbs (9-15 kg) that way.

Still, a design based on Haast's Eagle would be neat to see, at least in terms of visual design, if not size.

Yeah I've noticed that as well, it's also one of my favorite extinct birds and the creature I submitted for the Fjordur vote, so it's kind of weird seeing everyone either comparing it to a tiny version of the eagle or saying "It looks like they aren't gonna add the haast eagle now". I'd still like to see the eagle itself get added, even with the hawk being a thing. Just having it play a different role, being just large enough to be rideable like I made in my original suggestion would still give it a use and add to the small roster of birds we have. 

• Like 1

Community Crunch 297: Vorstellung von Fjordhawk, ARK-Neujahr-Event und mehr! - Gemüse-Cluster

Übersetzung ins Deutsche - Translation into German

@survivetheark #playARK #ARKSurvivalEvolved #Steam #epicgames #XboxSeriesX #Xbox #XboxSeriesS #PS4 #PS5

Is there a way you can add like a private comment section on the creature vote. I don’t have access to a computer at the moment and my phone won’t let me do the drop and vote. It would be useful for not only me, but people in the same situation as me who aren’t able to do it. Plz consider this, and merry Christmas Wildcard!

12 hours ago, Vnm said:

THIS.
Tracking would track (...ha) with the hawk's characteristics as depicted here, and I really find that it's missing. When you're trying to tranq a dino and it runs/flies to the point you lose track of it (because you were attacked for instance), you can't use the taming tracking system because it's technically not counted as being tamed yet, so this little dude would come and fill in that gap. Or sometimes you want to tame something, but you don't have your taming gear or the appropriate food on you, so tracking the creature's location while you go back to base could be nice. I don't play PvP but I imagine this could have use in that mode too (tracking someone's base after an encounter in the wild for instance ?).
Being able to mark a prey (wild creature, tamed creature, survivor...) as easily as you track ongoing tames on the map would be precious in many ways ; if the creature that wins this round of community vote doesn't include the tracking ability, I hope it goes to the Fjordhawk instead ! Of course with a limitation (no more than one tracked prey at the same time ; putting something in a cryopod cancels out the mark ; another creature like the Parasaur that can alert you that you've been tagged, etc.), but still, that'd be awesome.
(sorry I missed this very good comment last night !)

10 hours ago, basilmemories said:

yes.

Non sarcastic answer, I really don't see the use for this guy considering we already have one useless carno, aka... the carno. The giga is your all-around bitey boy, the rex is your boss dino, the yuty is the bard, and carnos uh... have tiny arms. Even the allosaurus and it's pack bleed effect doesn't really see much use, so the carno's weaker bleed is honestly a joke. So why are we putting in this new guy again? Ah yes "he bite real good". Excellent, ship it. Perfect reasoning there. Like at least 90% of the finalists are new body types, this guy is yet another two legged chomp child. give him interesting abilities or put him in the bin.

Or like, deck him out in glorious feathers, I will 1000% vote for a worthless creature with gorgeous plumage.

100% agreed, we don't need any more big carnivores, we have enough.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

Yeah that part I got, it's the "collecting items" I don't get. The way I understand it, you point it to bags and it brings the content to you, but... how often does it happen that you can't go fetch the bag yourself ? I imagine in PvP people will send a hawk to grab some loot while they deal with turrets or enemies, maybe, but like I said in PvE/SP I'm not sure I see how that would work.

Probably for Lower level players who die to a Rex or something.