Magmasaur egg cave spawns on Lost Island

Moozoo

My observations

I run my own unofficial servers. I also use Ark Save Game visualiser (ASV) to analyse the saved games.

The Magmasaur spawns seem to be controlled by a cap that covers the whole map/mountain. This includes the two nest caves, the cave system with the artifact of the immune and any spots on the sides of the mountain. Which means that if you clear the two nest caves they can end up permanently empty until the other Magmasaurs outside the caves are killed 

Also the nests spawn eggs that are linked to a Magmasaur and have that Magmasaur's stats until any Magmasaur is killed. Where on they link to another Magmasaur. Those Magmasaurs can be anywhere and not in the nest cave (which can be empty)

Which means you end up with no Magmasaur's spawning in the nest caves, and the same eggs with the exact same stats respawning over and over.

I know because I collected 4 respawns of a level 150 egg  and 4 respawns of a level 140 egg that have the exact same stats as a 150 and a 140 wild Magmasaur (as seen with ASV). And when I killed a level 15  Magmasaur on the outside of the mountain the spawned eggs switch to different level and stat eggs.

So I'm left with frequent server  DestroyWildDinos or running the cave of the immune over and over and avoiding killing the high level Magmasaurs and waiting on a respawn of the eggs after each kill.

This problem doesn't happen with the wyverns because their isn't a bunch of them  locked away in a seperate cave and when you steal an egg they can chase you out of their spawn area and despawn. So the process of stealing eggs results in new wyverns and new eggs.

If your breeding you don't want lots of the same stats eggs, even 150 level eggs. Just one is enough. You want lots of eggs with stats unevenly distributed so you can take the maximum desirable stat ones and merge them through breeding. Ie I have one magma with 37 points in damage. The 4 identical stats 150 Magma don't have any stat over 25.

2 hours ago, DarkAssassain3 said:

Unrelated but I'm having an issue with my character burning up in the magnasaur saddle which is supposed to protect you from lava itself am I missing something? 

Sadly I unno yet. I have not gotten to that point yet. Also worried about if xbox got the update for sulphur for magma's yet. Otherwise once I get around to it, I got a lvl 70 in the fridge waiting and I have been tracking the different nodes along the lava flows

21 hours ago, DarkAssassain3 said:

Unrelated but I'm having an issue with my character burning up in the magnasaur saddle which is supposed to protect you from lava itself am I missing something? 

On Lost island?

It's working for me on PC.

Not all lava on all maps work with Magmasaurs. But it definitely works with volcano on Genesis 1 and Lost Island.

When fighting other Magmasaurs you take heat damage from them when they get hot. But Medical Brews solve that.

Archived