Problem running Lost Island on local Ubuntu server

Anhanga

I've been using lgsm for some time now and have been able to successfully run all the maps leading up to Lost Island.

NOTE: Running the server on the ubuntu machine, connecting to and playing on a windows machine.

For whatever reason, LostIsland loads up, and then starts to climb in usage until it eventually crashes. Sometimes I can get enough time in that I can actually log in and play, but thus far the max time I've been able to play has been about 15 minutes and then the server loses connection.
NOTE2: I have ran a 'verify files' and it came back fine. I've also loaded up Valguero on the server just now and it plays just fine, then tried LostIsland and it crashes, so not related to the recent update - only difference is the map being loaded.
NOTE3: No mods on the server
NOTE4: Server is up-to-date

No update available
* Local build: 7898566
* Remote build: 7898566
* Branch: public
https://steamdb.info/app/376030/

As an example loading and playing Valguero, my load average is about 1.30 and it typically stays there for the duration - when I start LostIsland, it runs about the same for a minute or two, then starts to climb until it reaches 30+ and then crashes - I get "kicked off" due to lost connection (around 23 load average).

start server: 10:20:05 up 11:40, 3 users, load average: 1.37, 1.08, 0.98

crash server: 10:43:38 up 12:03, 3 users, load average: 38.13, 27.45, 16.79

Server Stats:Distro: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTSArch: x86_64
Kernel: 5.11.0-41-generic
CPU Model: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2807 @ 1.58GHzCores: 2
Frequency: 2166.674MHz
Memory
Mem: total used free cached available
Physical: 7.7GB 7.5GB 15MB 63MB 15MB

So the server isn't a beast, but its able to easily run every other map so far without these kinds of issues.

Unfortunately the lgsm console ... has 0 to no data. Tried in running in 'debug' and don't get much info there.

console:$ cat arkserver.LostIsland-console.log

Shutdown handler: initalize.
Using binned.4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 404 10
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110
Signal 11 caught.
EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11

Any thoughts / advice / other things to check?
EDIT: I have monitored traffic and nothing is being blocked by my adblocker or firewall that I can see.

• 3 weeks later...

I host a local ark server on my lan using lgsm, on a machine running manjaro linux with 16Gigs of ram, when I recently added lost island for clustering without a swap file it crashed. Enabling the swap file solve the issue and I can run two servers (crystal isles and lost island together) with 16Gig of ram with swap enabled.

Archived