How many times can I open an Obelisk portal on The Island?

DeathStalkerx1

Hello to all. I'm on the path to going after a boss on The Island in single player for the first time and I was wondering how many times can I open a portal from an Obelisk? Like if I open it once, do I have to go and find the required artifacts again to open it again or do I get an infinite amount of tries? Thank you in advance for your answers.

When you do your artifact runs, bring an otter with you - otters are the only creature that can hold more than 1 of the same artifact at a time.  Since you are on single player, I would also advise building a shack outside of each artifact cave, with beds, an artifact box to unload your otter into, and basic spare gear, and keep an extra cryopodded cave runner dino in there when you are doing the cave. 

16 hours ago, DeathStalkerx1 said:

Hello to all. I'm on the path to going after a boss on The Island in single player for the first time and I was wondering how many times can I open a portal from an Obelisk? Like if I open it once, do I have to go and find the required artifacts again to open it again or do I get an infinite amount of tries? Thank you in advance for your answers.

you will use all the items you need for the boss fight you are going to do. If you fail or succeed, you must find those items again to do anouther fight with that boss at the level that you want to fight them at.

If you do gamma, and then want to do beta, you will need all of the tributes and artifacts again.

On 12/25/2021 at 10:02 AM, Grinden said:

So for the level on your guy, do you have to do all 3 levels to get the plus 5 levels? Like gamma, beta and alpha? Or can i just do alpha and get the 15?

You can do the Alpha and get the 15. The number of character levels you get is based on the highest difficulty you've completed, it's not based on completing each of them.

Archived