Amargasaurus Buff

Qwertymine

Suggestion

So, out of the three creatures introduced to Lost Island, Amargasaurus seems the weakest to me. Their spike effects are negligible against wild creatures(I don't play PvP much so idk how it is for you guys) because of how long they take to activate, especially the fire spikes. Fire should set in after being in a bubble for more than two seconds, and the cooldown till being set on fire again should be about 5 to 10 seconds. Stacks toward being set on fire with the melee attack should be greatly increased as well. As for Freezing spikes, these are much more consistent, but I feel the freeze timer and cooldown should still be buffed a little, same with the freeze stacking from the melee attack. The armor spine could maybe give the Amargasaurus a damage buff with melee attacks when activated, but this one isn't terrible as far as I can tell. I also think the damage of these effects should scale with melee damage so that higher level Amargasaurus can have higher impact than lower level ones.

Another problem I have with the Amargasaurus is its in-game size category and melee damage. Why is this thing classed as a small/medium creature, and therefore attacked by Raptors, Wolves, and other such things? The Amargasaurus is supposed to be a highly aggressive herbivore with crazy elemental powers, why would a Raptor ever try its luck against that? You could argue its for the taming, but the Amargasaurus is already aggressive to those creatures, so I don't know why it has to be a small/medium creature(Mammoth has this same problem, Diplodocus used to as well). This size discrepancy isn't helped by the fact that the Amargasaurus does 40 base damage. For reference, a Dinopithecus does 46, an Ankylo does 50, and a Roll Rat does 42. The Amargasaurus, an aggressive large herbivore, does less damage than a monkey and large rat. I think somewhere around 50 to 55 base damage fits the Amargasaurus better, that way it's better at protecting itself(Which I'll get to), while still not being quite as strong as a Rex or Reaper.

Lastly, I want to touch on two problems I see with Amargasaurus when being attacked. One, is that Amargasaurus seems to be incapable of hitting something right in front of its legs when not ridden, which is really weird but easily fixed. Another though, is that the Amargasaurus seems weirdly affected by knockback, which seems to prevent it from using attacks like the neck attack or tail slap. This leaves even ridden Amargasaurs vulnerable to pack creatures like wolves or allos, who attack quickly and do enough knockback to constantly keep the Amargasaur in a state of being almost helpless. I think removing knockback to Amargasaurs or allowing them to still use their melee attacks in the air would be great towards fixing their consistency in fights.

What do you guys think about the Amargasaurus? 

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived