Pachydyptes ponderosus(Giant penguin)

RyuouShenron

Suggestion

I suggest adding this creature to ARK.
(I can't post a topic that suggests living things to me right now, so I decided to do it here.)

Described by WRB Oliver in 1930 in Oamaru, Otago, New Zealand, from several bone fossils found before 1873 in strata estimated to be 34-50-36 million years old (late Eocene). It is estimated that it was an ancient penguin with a total length of 140-160 cm and a weight of 80-90 kg, which was larger than the current Kotei penguin.

In addition, the humerus of the model specimen, and the coracoid and metacarpal bones that are thought to be the same individual are stored in the New Zealand National Museum Te Papa Tongarewa. A fossil humerus, presumed to be of this species, is stored at the Otago Museum in New Zealand.

jyaiantopengin.JPG.b08a1edbad14e5a58fc9716e262c13df.JPGRegarding the scientific name Pachydyptes ponderosus, the genus name means "stubby diver" and the species name means "heavy".

This is an image of a human and a giant penguin side by side, but they are about the same size.

In the game

It will appear in the new DLC free map.
If the DLC's free map were implemented, it's probably in a very cold area.

The size is also a little higher than the player, and it has a different design from Kairuku.

Tame

It is a handing tame using the carcass of a fish in the same way as Hesperornis and otters.

However, interestingly, this giant penguin has a favorite fish depending on the individual, and it is aria m that only that fish can be eaten.

For example, there are individuals who love coelacanths, and individuals who only eat megapiranha.

Therefore, it is necessary to check the favorite food of the individual to be tamed before taming.

It is also often targeted by other carnivores, so you need to be careful when taming.

After tame

The first is to warm the eggs of other organisms instead.

Of course, the ability to regulate the temperature allows you to heat any egg.

In other words, it can act as a substitute for the hatching device in the early or middle stages when the hatching device cannot be made yet.

However, unlike the hatchery, it is not possible to tell if it is a mutation.

And it is also good to raise it as livestock like Dodo.

As in the wild, if you can collect more organic polymers than Kairuku when you defeat them, you can get more marbled meat than any other creature, so you can collect marbled meat efficiently.

In addition, by turning on the wandering mode and making it aggressive, it will efficiently collect fish or fatty tuna.

However, care must be taken not to be attacked by carnivores such as Megalodon and Baryonyx.

Furthermore, by attacking fish such as coelacanth, you will receive the effect of temporarily increasing the attack power.

This is similar to Megaatherium, which has the effect of increasing the attack power by attacking insects.

By the way, it is possible to ride in a clinging manner without a saddle, but you need to be careful because it is not so heavy and the speed is very slow on land.

However, underwater, it is 1.5 times faster than normal.

If you have any other good ideas, please let us know in the comments.
Thank you for taking a look at my idea.

1 reply to this server topic

Archived