What is great and what could use some tweaking?

maxplanck58

Post here to say what you like about Lost Island and what you think needs to be fixed.

What I think is great:  the various ruins and caves, familiarity but still feels fresh (like the Island + Rag + its own thing), volcano effects, the new creatures and the creatures added that were previously exclusive to other maps.  I also appreciate that some resources are not in abundance and require traveling and risk to get.  Very polished looking with really nice details in many places.  Lots of loot drops.

What I think could use some fixing: temperature swings between biomes that in one step is the hottest-of-the-hot and the next the coldest-of-the-cold.  A little bit of a dissolve between the extremes would be nice.  Some loot drops fall into the mesh and can not be accessed.

Overall I am really impressed - also, a comparatively smooth rollout.

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

My only real complaint is the low dino levels and that WC decided to include the worst animal in the game, the mana, on lost island. 

Other than that loving the map and I've still only just begun to really explore it.

I agree with you on that one: not a fan of the mana at all.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

My only real complaint is the low dino levels and that WC decided to include the worst animal in the game, the mana, on lost island. 

Other than that loving the map and I've still only just begun to really explore it.

They did make a change early on to the dino level spawn weights. Are you not seeing more high-level dinos more often?

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They did make a change early on to the dino level spawn weights. Are you not seeing more high-level dinos more often?

A few here and there but still mostly low levels. It's one thing when you're dealing with a frequently spawning animal like a parasaur, but when it comes to something fairly rare like an owl it can be a real pain to find a higher level.

Overall I would say it's better though

On 12/21/2021 at 3:16 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Im not sure if it affects single players, but Iv spent 4 days, 8 hours minimum of each of those days, trying to find an argy over 100......I gave up yesterday as it seems my really colorfull lvl 80 argy was the highest level I have found thus far. Ill just level up what I got and call it good there. =/

On 12/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

A few here and there but still mostly low levels. It's one thing when you're dealing with a frequently spawning animal like a parasaur, but when it comes to something fairly rare like an owl it can be a real pain to find a higher level. Overall I would say it's better though

Yeah, no joke there man. best I found was a 25, every single one of them Iv found pretty much kamikazed into the nearest pack of wolves. x.x

Archived