Community Crunch 296: ARK Holiday Loot, Creature Submissions, and More!

StudioWildcard

ARK_LostIsland_Screenshot_03_2560x1440 (1).jpg

Lost Island and Winter Wonderland are live on PC, XBOX, and Playstation! 

If you're on PC and trying to convince a friend to hop into the ARK universe, this weekend is a perfect time.  Play ARK: Survival Evolved for FREE on Steam until Monday 12/20 at 10AM PST. You can also pick up ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam at 67% off the regular price!

Creature Submission Forum

fjordurcreature.png

ARK_Fjordur_logo_2560x1440.jpg

Creature submissions for the upcoming Fjordur DLC will be closed on Monday 6PM EST.  Following Monday the forum will remain locked. Stay tuned for upcoming announcements on the voting process

ww_loot.png

E5z6jaPUcAMZ9GJ.jpg

We're in the giving spirit and we've stashed away some ARK loot for the holiday season! If you missed out on an opportunity to score a Dodo plushie, Noglin plushie, or Noglin hat, this holiday season will provide ample opportunity.

loot_ww.png

There are various ways to enter the draw for some sweet (and cute) loot: 

• Contribute a donation of 5$ or greater to ExtraLife children's charity to go in the draw
  • A picture submission on Twitter using the hashtag #ARKXmasLoot
  • A picture submission in this Community Crunch thread

We want to see pictures of your Lost Island tames, your event-colored dino's, your fan art, your ARK holiday decorations, or videos of your ARK holiday experience!  get creative! The rules are simple, make it ARK and make it epic!  Each winner will receive 1 Dodo plushie, 1 Noglin plushie, and 1 Noglin hat.

evo_ww.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event as part of Winter Wonderland! It will be active from Thursday the 14th of Dec until  Thursday the 6th of Jan. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Conquest: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus

communitycorner_WW.png

fanart_ww.png

ARK | Fire !! (Static) - Speedpaint by Nalak-Bel

dew6w53-76797aa1-23fe-41c3-9e1e-72edbbd1b7d4.jpg

Firefly's Light by Firefly

download (28).jpg

Yuti and Sino Sketches by DiscountWendigo#5827

IMG_5394.jpg

Syntacrops by TheUnskilledKwill#3155

IMG_5941.jpg

screenshots_ww.png

Chogono

download (27).jpg

@TheWickedNinjas

FGtnOG1WUAAn0Hi.jpg

Wishing everyone safe and happy holidays!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

As above , nice little addition to the game really handy well done guys and girls.

Also....why is it that it's only steam that ever gets Ark discounted every now and then and never on ps store ??

I know people who'd buy the game if it popped up for a little less on PlayStation

Edited by Jimmy3

31 minutes ago, WildTacoBR said:

Funny how WC made Lost Island tames SOOO PVE and difficult that the maps were 20/70 most of the time (gen 2 capped almost all the servers)

Sorry my friend to tells you that almost everyone knows exactly that Lost Island map isnt all finished, because if that would the case, then why a lot of patches to solve stuff that should been done before the release? Peolpe knows that the new map would be full because its new, but also its not full because mostly of the people know exactly that its an unfinished map and doesnt wanna lost everything that was done. Multiple people have lost a lot of progress whn Gen1 was new and WildCard needed to do a Wiped out rollback from a week (irl) or so (it means that everything that you have done it was erased). So, old players have already know how would be hard to stay in the map in the very first days. Im not playing this new map because I dont feeling like ths map would be awesome.

Edited by BlackScarlatta

3 hours ago, WildTacoBR said:

Funny how WC made Lost Island tames SOOO PVE and difficult that the maps were 20/70 most of the time (gen 2 capped almost all the servers)

Tbh it’s for the better. Actually what’s PVE about monkey disabling tek? Either way, I think we’ve had enough of managqrmrs and void wyrms and other stuff that’s the newest bestest ever pvp dino and somthing that everyone can use. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jimmy3 said:

As above , nice little addition to the game really handy well done guys and girls.

Also....why is it that it's only steam that ever gets Ark discounted every now and then and never on ps store ??

I know people who'd buy the game if it popped up for a little less on PlayStation

Same here. I know many friends who want to try it to see if they like it, without having to pay full price for it. 

7 hours ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

Tbh it’s for the better. Actually what’s PVE about monkey disabling tek? Either way, I think we’ve had enough of managqrmrs and void wyrms and other stuff that’s the newest bestest ever pvp dino and somthing that everyone can use. 

You really overestimate that stinky monkey.
Also the best Creature by far is the Amargasaurus

This is so cool I like the new creatures and the cool new map it’s so unique because the desert and the forest are separated by an ocean. I also like snow area and how there are so many base locations such as the snow castle, the tower, and the red wood castle. I’m talking about the lost island if you did not know

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2021 at 9:51 PM, WildTacoBR said:

My dude, one creature disables tek armor, another is designed such that in one mode  it BREAKS high quality and/or advanced armor as well as offeres two additional modes for slowing or DoT, and the last provides the flight capabilities of a tek chest piece at a fraction of the noise. Lost Island may have a hiccup or two but I'm no way is one of the issues the fact that dinos are PvE based.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:42 AM, Vaskur said:

You really overestimate that stinky monkey.
Also the best Creature by far is the Amargasaurus

Sounds like you're one of the people still mad that it won the final vote a few months ago. It's pretty useful in the right hands, just don't go into it expecting some super mega ultra tame.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:24 AM, Jimmy3 said:

It has been on a huge discount on PS a while ago, think just before the launch of Genesis. That was the base game and the first set of DLC.

Where can I contact Wildcard in a manor that they are likely to see it? I have an important suggestion for the game, but the forums are washed out by people complaining about petty things, so game suggestions are hit-or-miss, regardless of how potentially brilliant they are.

I can’t find a real email address, only the website that makes you type the email ON the website, which means it doesn’t appear in MY email. So I doubt it’s real.

I have very good suggestions that have been well received on YT comment sections and subreddits, so I think they’re quite good suggestions.

Any constructive help is appreciated.

Edited by RG2021

15 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Sounds like you're one of the people still mad that it won the final vote a few months ago. It's pretty useful in the right hands, just don't go into it expecting some super mega ultra tame.

nah, just bothered by the fact how it all went.. but that´s not the motivation. Been looking at the creatures and their abilities and by my opinion it´s just not as good as the Amarga and stays behind some other map exclusive tames like Deinonychus or Bloodstalker. But delivered as ordered, I guess.