Introducing the Pelagornis!

Jatheish

10 hours ago, Yutyrannus said:

Well im tired rn and it seemed clear i meant prehistoric looking animals. Almost anybody can look outside and see a pelican, you know what I can't see when I look outside? A giant, feathered Tyrannosaurid.

kinda ironic you think that purrlovia is a gorgonopsid and you said i sounded like i was stupid. Nope, a Gorgonopsid (most likely Inostrancevia) was confirmed way before Jaekelopterus, the Eurypterid.

as far as lying goes, have you seen the update log? Have you kept up with it? They create these forums for community feedback but most of the time ignore a majority and pick and choose a select few ideas that they like (even if they are disliked by the rest of the community). ie Saber toothed salmon. Or the leech.

Because koal werent gettig old as the only non mountable food source in the ocean, because leeches dont add diversity, it adds immersion

12 hours ago, Quantumfuzzics said:

Dude you do realise how stupid you sound right now. Its a pelican yes but a prehistoric pelican at that so I dont get your arguement of the game  not having prehistoric creatures, its literally riddled with them. 

Also the devs have never lied to us, they have always told if something would be added heck the eurypterid was announced back in like september, way before its dossier came out. The gorgonopsid may be the same or its development lead to purrlovia.

you dont know what the word prehistoric means

A lot of people here don't see a use for this bird, and are already shooting it down. I see a huge potential for this bird. Sometimes getting oil, pearls, and chitin can be quite a chore early game. Drove me nuts to see tons of trilobites just a few feet off shore, but surrounded by mantas, piranha, and sharks. Not to mention getting penguins along the shoreline on the iceberg lake on the Center map. I got really good using a petra and its corkscrew attack to gather these items, but will sometimes get thrown off if i get to close to the water. I would love to have a bird that allows me to hunt the shore line and the shallows for resources without getting thrown off. This bird will be a welcomed addition to my family of gatherers.

Also if what they say in the description is true, that they stay mostly in the water. It will make taming a real challenge. I say challenge excepted!   

5 minutes ago, Demonsoul109 said:

A lot of people here don't see a use for this bird, and are already shooting it down. I see a huge potential for this bird. Sometimes getting oil, pearls, and chitin can be quite a chore early game. Drove me nuts to see tons of trilobites just a few feet off shore, but surrounded by mantas, piranha, and sharks. Not to mention getting penguins along the shoreline on the iceberg lake on the Center map. I got really good using a petra and its corkscrew attack to gather these items, but will sometimes get thrown off if i get to close to the water. I would love to have a bird that allows me to hunt the shore line and the shallows for resources without getting thrown off. This bird will be a welcomed addition to my family of gatherers.

Also if what they say in the description is true, that they stay mostly in the water. It will make taming a real challenge. I say challenge excepted!   

Have you read my post yet?

15 hours ago, Yutyrannus said:

Every dossier lately is making this game seem more like zoo tycoon with the occasional dinosaur, rather a prehistoric animal based survival game. This is literally just a big pelican.

Also, didn't you guys confirm Gorgonopsid a LONG time ago? Why are you keeping us waiting? It feels like you guys have been lying to our faces a lot.

This new bird is WAY more usedful than  Gorgonops, Good luck. its a Zoo tycoon, Minecraft, Survivor, Game. Call it what you want.. As more dinos come out the game gets better. 

2 hours ago, Ryuk said:

I suggested the Pelagornis on the forum! I'm so happy it's confirmed! A bird that can land on water is perfect for me because I'm fed up of flying too close to water, falling in and then struggling to get back on my bird LOL

Hey I found a video of how the person is sending all these people to the island.

I just want to be able to dive into the water on them be useful when you die and need to dive fast to recover your scuba gear. Also would be nice to carry water and water crops or just drench a tribe-mate for fun.

Falling off your bird when you tap water is very annoying too so being able to sit or walk on water will be awesome.

/all your excitement are belong to us

19 hours ago, chevalierknight said:

He used it in the right context, so yes he does.

What do you think prehistoric means? You know what, maybe I should grab the definition for you real quick.

"of, relating to, or denoting the period before written records." or, "very old, primitive, or out of date."

Pelagornis is definitely a prehistoric creature going by both definitions.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 5/31/2016 at 7:15 AM, chevalierknight said:

Prehistoric means before written records, and the fossil of one peligornis sandersi was dated to have existed around 25 million years ago. That more than qualifies for it to be a prehistoric creature.