• Administrator

large.Dossier_Pelagornis.jpg

Common Name: Pelagornis
Species: Pelagornis Miocaenus
Time: Early Miocene
Diet: Piscivorous
Tempearment: Skittish

Wild

The much larger ancestor of water birds like the stork or pelican, Pelagornis Miocaenus shares many traits with its modern-day brethren. However, it seems to spend much more time hunting for fish over the open deep-sea.

In fact, I have rarely spotted a wild Pelagornis anywhere near the coasts of the main Island, as it prefers to rest its wings by paddling along on the ocean’s surface rather than waddling across the Island’s beaches.

Perhaps this behaviour is a result of its survival instrincts. The Early Miocene was a post-dinosaur epoch, after all, and Pelagornis would not be accustomed to such predators. Considering how quickly it flees from humans, one can hardly blame its caution.

Domesticated

Because of its ability to fly, walk, and surface-swim, a tamed Pelagornis is one of the Island’s most versatile mounts, but this comes at a cost. The same webbed feet that allow Pelagornis to serenely maneuver along the ocean’s surface prevent it from snatching prey from the ground, which may limit its appeal to some survivors.

Patch 242!

Just an update on 242 guys! We’re still working on it, it’s a pretty large patch as you can imagine from checking out the notes, which we’re constantly updating:

Because of all that’s coming in, we’ll be delaying the release til Wednesday June the 1st and we have something special in store for you with:

'ARK's Awesome Anniversary' 1-week Event

Get ready to make some Birthday Wishes for some limited run items, a fun event and maybe the reappearance of everyone’s favourite DodoRex! ;)

All the best,

Wildcard Jat and the ARK: Survival Evolved Team

View full article

Every dossier lately is making this game seem more like zoo tycoon with the occasional dinosaur, rather a prehistoric animal based survival game. This is literally just a big pelican.

Also, didn't you guys confirm Gorgonopsid a LONG time ago? Why are you keeping us waiting? It feels like you guys have been lying to our faces a lot.

7 minutes ago, Yutyrannus said:

Every dossier lately is making this game seem more like zoo tycoon with the occasional dinosaur, rather a prehistoric animal based survival game. This is literally just a big pelican.

Also, didn't you guys confirm Gorgonopsid a LONG time ago? Why are you keeping us waiting? It feels like you guys have been lying to our faces a lot.

Dude you do realise how stupid you sound right now. Its a pelican yes but a prehistoric pelican at that so I dont get your arguement of the game  not having prehistoric creatures, its literally riddled with them. 

Also the devs have never lied to us, they have always told if something would be added heck the eurypterid was announced back in like september, way before its dossier came out. The gorgonopsid may be the same or its development lead to purrlovia.

21 minutes ago, Quantumfuzzics said:

Dude you do realise how stupid you sound right now. Its a pelican yes but a prehistoric pelican at that so I dont get your arguement of the game  not having prehistoric creatures, its literally riddled with them. 

Also the devs have never lied to us, they have always told if something would be added heck the eurypterid was announced back in like september, way before its dossier came out. The gorgonopsid may be the same or its development lead to purrlovia.

Well im tired rn and it seemed clear i meant prehistoric looking animals. Almost anybody can look outside and see a pelican, you know what I can't see when I look outside? A giant, feathered Tyrannosaurid.

kinda ironic you think that purrlovia is a gorgonopsid and you said i sounded like i was stupid. Nope, a Gorgonopsid (most likely Inostrancevia) was confirmed way before Jaekelopterus, the Eurypterid.

as far as lying goes, have you seen the update log? Have you kept up with it? They create these forums for community feedback but most of the time ignore a majority and pick and choose a select few ideas that they like (even if they are disliked by the rest of the community). ie Saber toothed salmon. Or the leech.

37 minutes ago, Yutyrannus said:

I'm not the biggest fan of megafauna either. I mean, they're mostly just big versions of whatever's around today. Boring in my opinion, but, hey, I don't have to use them. And plenty of other people like 'em. I'm just gonna run around on my Allosaurus...

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Yutyrannus said:

I actually still play Zoo Tycoon, maybe once a year. After my zoo gets super successful, I block off the exit and let the animals free.

I welcome new Dinos but I don't get the big pelican.  It can land on water and swim - Okay I get that but if I fly my Ptera close to the water and jump off it will wait right there until I call it.  Then I can jump back on and fly off.  Now if the pelican can go under the water and do some damage or protect me while I'm down there - that is something that could be fun.

New birdie looks like modern Cormorant! I live near sea and see this birds sometimes. Interesting how they will loook in Ark.

Also I don't understand why so many people in steam so angry on new update and ETA. This update is one of the biggest and it's looks so delicious VuV so many cool things, new biome, new gameplay, new creatures, new mechanics! I enjoy every Ark update VuV