ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please get sever setting on Xbox to allow never force dismount flying.  Basically allowing safe flights around and in caves.  But also equally important to allow flying accidentally into water resulting in the bounce upwards still but not the auto eject that ruins everything. If I've tamed a large bird it might avoid water but it's going to trust me enough to let me stay on while doing so...

Coming from an Xbox player :-
1. Any idea if we'll be getting Official Australian hosted servers?
2. Are we able to make the server log display actual server time/date of events? It's hard to work out when something happened while you were offline going off game date/time.
3. Is there any idea for an advanced (Tek tier) item that would display all dino's level within a certain radius? So you don't have to look at each individual with the spyglass?
4. Are we able to get distance zooms on Xbox, at least while riding dino/raft? Something like RB + Thumbstick?
5. Will there be an advanced Tribe UI so you can see who is online? Maybe also be able to set a status easily viewable by other tribe members e.g. Taming a Rex.
6. Is there going to be better building mechanics? Something like being able to 'detach' from you body and float around within a certain distance. Limitations would be that your body is still vulnerable, and it can only be done with ~12 foundations of existing tribe structures.
7. Any Idea's on a HUD display showing effective range of items/buffs, maybe shown when placing structures? E.g Feeding Trough range, Irrigation Tap range, Species X range, Oviraptor buff range etc etc.

Loving the game, thanks...

I have a question with a suggestion.

Are you planning on adding in a way for Xbox One Server Admins to change from PVE to PVP and back to PVE on the fly, to avoid having to restart the server? Because a lot of us are hosting Arena events on PVE servers, but having to restart the Xbox One server every time is a bit tedious. Would you consider adding such a feature to the game?

With the introduction of the disease system in the upcoming patch, will you be changing the way players obtain and drink water? For example drinking water from the ocean in real life without purification is not a very health conscious decision. Something like a disease that has a very small chance to occur from drinking ocean water that would encourage people to drink water from running water.

Will there be a separate tribe statistics page in the game besides the log? The 'demolished' messages are a bit annoying when you have a large tribe.

(but also: tribemember X has died x times this week, tamed x dinos this week)

And will there be any friendly competitive stuff? To have in-tribe competitions or against other tribes?

(for example Jousting/Target shooting/manta/galli racing)

Many mods have enabled limited clipping into terrain for structures, extendable height foundations, and stackable foundations to resolve numerous building issues but yet Official Arks build set is drastically limited. Also why were basic steps left out of the build set? Several mods have expanded the "primitive" weapons category with things like longbows and javelins; does wc have any intention of expanding this category for official servers? Perhaps using somewhat existing functions to expand thrown weapons? Things like traditional boomerangs, harpoons with lines, and weighted nets? 

Many feel the one raft is kind of lacking; any intention to add small boats like canoes or outriggers between the raft and the rumored motorboat? Seems a bit odd to leap from Raft to motorboat without something else along the way.

It struck me as I was thinking about this a bit more that the rowing animation of the canoe could require more dev time then strictly available for the resource, but a small sail boat or out rigger style catamaran might well be within time and manpower constraints.

Several Questions mostly about PvE Servers:

1. Will you reenable the auto demolish for official pve servers(or is it just my server that doesnt have it, EU-PVE 256? to remove month old stuff? (maybe with normal demolish timers +4 days)

2. Why do the Greenhouse structures have Thatch demolish timers when you need Stone to even learn them?

3. Can we hope for Giganotosaurus to be restricted to certain areas in the future?

4. Any possibility to get more wild water dinos on The Island at the same time, because its pretty dead out there you can sometimes swim around the whole Island without encountering more then 10 creatures (apart from Trilobites).

5. As others have allready asked where are the Roof Gates for flyers that you promised a few Digests ago?

6. Where are the Stone Ramp?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived