cant find "upload survivor" option

xmy1198

在2021/12/11 在 PM4点14分, DirkInSA 说:

You have your server set up as a cluster - which allows character transfer between maps running in that cluster, and disallows the "upload" option. So either remove the clusterID flag to your server startup, or run a different map with the same clusterID on your server.

Thank you! I got one more questioin: when I run a different map with the same clusterID on my server, will all my items and dino disappear? do i need to upload them to the obelisk first and then switch the map?

Note :

You will need to run both maps (old and new) at once in order to transfer directly. This means you have to fiddle with the query & game port parms at start up (the two game instances cannot be the same).

Also you should specify a different save directory in the startup of each game instance to keep your maps separate - however see comment after parms below.

e.g. Existing = Island, New = Scorched

TheIsland?listen?Port=7789?QueryPort=26900?SessionName=Island_Cluster?AltSaveDirectoryName=LeaveThisAsItIsOrBlank -clusterid=MyClust

ScorchedEarth_P?listen?Port=7791?QueryPort=26901?SessionName=Scorched_Cluster?AltSaveDirectoryName=MyScorched? -clusterid=MyClust

Note the jump of 2 numbers in ascending Port - ark uses the specified Port an the next one up, so running more than one server - you need to jump that port by 2.

You clearly already have a map that is populated on the server, and here you SHOULD NOT specify a new saved directory name, otherwise your existing will not show up in that sever instance, a new map will be loaded. So leave it to what  it is (or blank), but specify the saved directory on the new server.

Before you start any of this stuff - make a copy or zip of the ServerInstalPath/ShooterGame/Saved directory so you can roll back if things get messed up :)

So to answer your question - No running a new map does not destroy the old or existing one - provide you have set the altSavedDirectory as above.

EDIT - What you should NOT have is any stuff in the terminals when switching from Normal to Cluster or vica versa - the saved location for stuff in the terminal changes from your game PC (Normal) to Server Side (cluster), and this stuff will go astray.

• 2 months later...

Found a really good fix. Assuming you’re the admin you can open up the admin console on whichever platform you’re playing on (google how to do this) then type in the command “cheat Playercommand Ascend3”. Then exit out the server once on character selection screen. You can then load up the other map you want to play on and download the survivor 

Archived