Ascension

Afterpartt

A few weeks ago I ascended by doing Alpha Rockwell on pve.  My tribe got lucky and were invited by a random group on our server. My tribe is pretty small (only 3 active members currently) and I am wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on where I should ascend next.  My tribe also has the island server, gen 1, and gen 2 server.  What other ascension is relatively easy? I'm looking to get a few more levels. 

17 hours ago, Afterpartt said:

A few weeks ago I ascended by doing Alpha Rockwell on pve.  My tribe got lucky and were invited by a random group on our server. My tribe is pretty small (only 3 active members currently) and I am wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on where I should ascend next.  My tribe also has the island server, gen 1, and gen 2 server.  What other ascension is relatively easy? I'm looking to get a few more levels. 

you could try the island run....Lots of cheesy methods to go through it. But if you go through it legit, better bring warm and cool clothing, get a bunch of bumps into your health, and finally your absolutely best creatures. If they don't have mutations, they are not good enough.

9 hours ago, Afterpartt said:

Okay so Island it is.  Missions on my Gen 2 server glitch and lag out a lot.  I was torn between farming master controller and the island.  I'll have to look up methods of getting through the cave.  I have tried it before but usually someone dies on the way down. Thank you!

Done it myself on single player, the worst of it is trying to make sure everyone get through that entrance before it shuts em out. This is how I done it:
I took clothing for extream hot AND cold temps, soups, 200 med brews, 10 rex with ascension saddles, 20 theri with ascension saddles and 15 cakes each, 1 yuty, 2 deadons with cooked prime, and had a second player in split screen mode, lastly 400 element.

While working down you have the yuty following on passive with courage roar enabled, and two rexs with ascendent saddles and tek saddles. Use the tek saddles for long range, and when enemy creatures get a bit closer, switch to ascendent saddles and attack normally.....Pew pew pew, nom nom nom......When you encounter the giga, try to lure it into the lava. Maybe a sacrificial shoulder pet or something. {maybe even a scout?} Always keep an eye on your health and temps if possible.

When you get to the teleport pad, use the deadons to heal the survivors if they took damage, and if you need to make some room, use cryopods to pick any creatures up that are damaged but might get left behind. Save the theri's if at all possible for the final boss.

If you use this method, I highly recommend using a two rex's with some heavy duty mutations in health. They will be the one's you ride on to get to the bottom of the cave and will take the most brunt of the damage you encounter. And since you will be useing the tek saddle to clear most of them out of the way, its not as important as melee. But a couple bumps in melee will not hurt either. The rest of the rexs can use both health and melee mutations as well. As for the theri's, they will need some level ups in health, but the majority in melee. Our rex's was mostly 40k health, 5k melee and I wish I had taken the time to get them up to 50k or even 60k health. The theri's was perfect 30k health, 6.2k melee. All of them survived.

After healing everyone up and cryopodding the odds if you have any, soup up, change to warm clothing, teleport, and go for it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind, this was single player settings, max level wilds, and normal taming/breeding rates. No adjustments beyond this.

34 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Keep in mind, this was single player settings, max level wilds, and normal taming/breeding rates. No adjustments beyond this.

dont forget single player has boosted stats on tames too and volcano boss has much higher resistance so takes less damage on official

also the cliff before the gigas is an area where you can uncryo tames you plan to bring to the boss fight

Archived