Ice Worm Queen Issues

Woody714

I needed Yuty saddle or BP, so I thought I would give the Ice Worm Queen a try for the first time. Am I not allowed to use dinos or is it bugged? I was cryopodding my way through the ice worms with a rex and dire bear. The Queen bugged out on two runs. I meant to cryo the dinos before I took the big leap the second time, but I think I rode the bear again. Do I need to enter solo and then toss out my buddies?

Thanks for the reply. I guess I am not the only coward, lol. Really, I am just in a hurry to return to the Island and run the Tek Cave.  When I fought the alpha dragon, it died on top of me and in the process of trying to get out, I guess I sent one of my Yuty into the lava as I could not see or move. I lost one of only two Yuty saddles. I want a mate boosted pair running around screaming while I fly in a tek suit and shoot drones, lol. 

I have watched a few videos of the Ice Queen fight and I could swear I remember someone stating that if you just wait in the water fall after the jump, she will eventually despawn and you could gather the red loot without fighting her. There was no loot of any kind in the "arena". There was nothing there.

In my experience, the queen only spawns if you trigger her at a certain point directly under the waterfall. There also seems to be an invisible wall just past the waterfall that you can't ride the tame through but you can whistle them through when unridden. I can't remember why I didn't just unpod the tame after the wall, there may or may not have been a reason.

My method was to to position the tame, go back and trigger the queen, with a glider suit glide over the water because you only get a few seconds to get to your tame.

One other thing I'll mention, I preferred to use a deinonychus because you don't have to worry about fall damage dropping down the waterfall. They can't carry a lot of weight but if you're only after drops that shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't done the Ice worm queen in a long time because there is a mesh bug that can kill you sometimes when exiting the cave. Easier ways to get a yuty saddle are, as mentioned, Ragnarok desert drop crates and also Green orbital drops on Gen 2.

I was gonna try the Jungle Cave on Rag again, but those onyx wrecked me last time and I fell in the lava right at the stairs out, lol. I haven't been back since that 6 death endeavor. hehe I just hit the desert drops, but I need to take a GPS next time as I always seem to miss two of the four in the east.

I do want to defeat the queen and get the trophy. Also...access to the artifact would be nice.  This time I drop solo...

On 12/7/2021 at 8:52 PM, Woody714 said:

I needed Yuty saddle or BP, so I thought I would give the Ice Worm Queen a try for the first time. Am I not allowed to use dinos or is it bugged? I was cryopodding my way through the ice worms with a rex and dire bear. The Queen bugged out on two runs. I meant to cryo the dinos before I took the big leap the second time, but I think I rode the bear again. Do I need to enter solo and then toss out my buddies?

Hey Woody, Ice Worm Queen is a good way to get loot but I have to agree with previous posts that the best way on Rag is running the 5 desert loot crates over and over again.  I have pulled decent Aprentice, Journeyman, and MasterCraft Saddles / BPs for Yuty from them.

But if you do the Queen again, be sure to pod all dinos at the top of the waterfall.  When you get out of the water walk forward (out to the point of the rock). The game will calculate challengers and as soon as it tells you the Queen is coming... turn and toss your pod.  You will have just enough time to jump into the saddle before she is on top of you.  I like to use a thyla but many things will work.  And yes, there is an invisible barrier you need to cross after you get out of the water... and you have to cross it before you unpod any dinos to start the calculation.  Sitting in the waterfall until the queen goes away does not work for loot. You actually have to defeat her before the red loot crates appear.

The desert crates are awesome, but they seem erratic for me. I normally only get 2 of the 4 in the east and often, the one in the west is missing. I notice that the easy part of the ice cave seems to give lots of the same stuff, but the saddles do seem to vary a bit. I need to get off the Xbox and Lost Island and get back on the PS4 and farm the event.

Lost Island is a beast for me. They got the "gotcha" juice turned up so high I am still trying to get an anky and I spawned in at a high level. I am also not used to playing at what I guess are Official settings as I cannot turn the breeding, hatching or imprinting up on single player Xbox. Beautiful map...and huge!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 11:59 PM, Woody714 said:

The desert crates are awesome, but they seem erratic for me. I normally only get 2 of the 4 in the east and often, the one in the west is missing. I notice that the easy part of the ice cave seems to give lots of the same stuff, but the saddles do seem to vary a bit. I need to get off the Xbox and Lost Island and get back on the PS4 and farm the event.

Lost Island is a beast for me. They got the "gotcha" juice turned up so high I am still trying to get an anky and I spawned in at a high level. I am also not used to playing at what I guess are Official settings as I cannot turn the breeding, hatching or imprinting up on single player Xbox. Beautiful map...and huge!

You can turn all that stuff up on single player on Xbox...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived