Limit building size

WaltZie

Suggestion

3 replies to this server topic

You would be surprised to know there is actually a structure cap in this game. Its 16500 structures within a 33 foundation or 66 wall radius at the given point of attempted placement. Granted this is not a limit on the number of snapped structures but rather a limit on the number of structures in an area.

That said, I actually do believe the game could benefit from a limit on the number of snapped structures. But it would need to be 3-4x larger than the "per area structure cap" since many bases are snapped together and dont harm the server like the intentional snapping spoken about next. A great example of tribes abusing the structure snapping are servers with either triangle foundation or fence foundation + railing spam in massive amounts. These servers ONLY spam the latter to create massive lag and server crashes because they lag the server HARSHLY when breaking them, forcing a server recalculation of structures snapped together everytime a break occurs.

Set a damned limit on building size! Part of the EU PVP 1020 island is blocked off by a building so large that your flier has to take a rest just crossing it! It must be over 200 structures across and blocks off an entire river valley... and it’s EMPTY!!!!! Just check it out at around 70 lat 50 long. You really can’t miss it! Make the limit configurable if you want, but at least put a limit in.

Ok um... - the limit on the number of tamed is 2 times less than the value at the moment, the limit on the size of buildings (the number of structures in the building) and their number (for example, one main base with a large size, 2 medium buildings and 2 small buildings per map), and restrict on placing the gate not on the "floor" . Restrictions on the number of crafting stations and various objects of interaction (workbenches, replicators, cloners, smelters, refrigs, teleporters, vault, etc.) following the example of incubators. and also the limit on the number of tamed one type is more than 10 (for example).

Now - New Server Cluster! this is the segment of places where all this will have an effect, simply because a very large layer of players will don't want, or they can't to refuse the desire to build gigafactoris with the maximum amount of everything and everywhere, and this is Normal, but because of this example of frequent abuse, the performance of all servers suffers, especially during the event period, when the gameplay itself seems impossible. That is, transfers are allowed to these servers for the player himself, items of equipment, weapons and ammunition, tamed and saddles ... and that's all. Resources and buildings are permanently prohibited from transfer (with the exception of dust, for example, there may be some other rare materials like black pearls, but only inside a new cluster) other resources and items are not available for transfer, and you will have to gather and craft them in place, this will greatly reduce the load (IMAO).

i.e. the existing servers will continue to exist as they are, but a number of new servers... let's call them "low-pop" servers (low population servers), will allow people to just play the game, not turn it into content storage.

and yes, I understand that support for ARK 1 will end soon (maybe) but I still would like to play the game and not suffer from constant server crashes and rollbacks for half an hour every half hour ... and I don’t consider the developer to blame for this, at least not completely - they gave the players freedom of action and tools for this ... and some players immediately took advantage of this, which hits the performance and stability of the game very much. Yes, the gameplay on them will be more difficult, but thanks to this, new players will have a smoother experience of the game... at least I think so

Archived