Stadia dedicated server

Rangork

I'm currently setting up an ARK server on GCP, Steam users can join the server but I'm unable to join my own server from the Stadia client.

Current Setup

Server command:

/home/steam/ARK/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer TheIsland?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=32330?SessionName=Nassac123?Port=7778?QueryPort=27015?ServerPassword?ServerAdminPassword=<redacted>?MaxPlayers=11?ServerPVE=True?DifficultyOffset=1?ServerPassword?listen -crossplay

There is no mod installed on the server.

Server version: v340.3

Client version: v340.1

Access to the server:

In order to connect to the server I start a single player game, open the console and use `open <ip>:7778`. The game immediately return an error with a timeout/connection lost error and return to the menu.

Debugging

If I use an ip which does not point to an ark server the game only crash after 30-40 seconds. As it crashes instantly when pointing to my server I assume that the game is connecting to the server but cannot start a session.

I have access to the logs of the server as well as metadata from the established tcp/udp connection to the server but I'm not sure where to look first as I'm not familiar enough with the server.

I have encountered multiple threads on Reddit mentioning this issue and it is blocking Stadia players from emulating a local session. Nitrado, GPortal and the official servers managed to overcome those issue so this not impossible.

Thanks

I tested with my nitrado server and using `open <ip>:<port>` does not work even with a valid stadia server that I can connect through the list of server in Stadia. 

I also noticed that Nitrado offer the possibility of having Steam + Epic or Steam + Stadia server and the `crossplay` parameter is used for Steam + Epic therefore there may be an other parameter for Stadia.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived