How to restore PlayerLocalData.arkprofile?

Nka19

Hello, does anyone know how to restore PlayerLocalData.arkprofile

My PC crashed, and it was just reset or something?

-All my uploaded dinos gone

-All uploaded items, gone

-All dossiers and map fog... all reset.

What can I do? I had many items and dinos safely uploaded, i did never backup the PlayerLocalData.arkprofile as i did not know until now where my terminal things are saved.

Would system restore reload this file? Or is ARK making it's own backups somewhere, why would it just reset like that after PC crash... this is stupid. I had 0 isseus for over a year, so many important stuff just disappeared...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Windows sys save / restore is extremely unlikely to have a copy of this file: It is not part of windows itself and would not be part of the auto backups of "system" data that windows makes.

Also Ark does NOT make any backup or copy of this file.

The best that you can maybe to is to try a "chkdsk -f c:\" from an administrator command prompt (Assuming you ark is installed on the C drive. You will have to boot to make this happen). Depending on what exactly happened to your box before and after the crash this may recover the file - but I'm afraid your chances are slim ...... Especially if you ran the game after the crash and the game has created a new profile file with empty data.

I have to ask - why on single player do you have stuff stored in the Terminals(unless you were transferring kit from one map to another)? What purpose is there in that? Cause most stuff is saved in the map files, not in a profile file. And this file is ONLY used by single player.

10 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Windows sys save / restore is extremely unlikely to have a copy of this file: It is not part of windows itself and would not be part of the auto backups of "system" data that windows makes.

Also Ark does NOT make any backup or copy of this file.

The best that you can maybe to is to try a "chkdsk -f c:\" from an administrator command prompt (Assuming you ark is installed on the C drive. You will have to boot to make this happen). Depending on what exactly happened to your box before and after the crash this may recover the file - but I'm afraid your chances are slim ...... Especially if you ran the game after the crash and the game has created a new profile file with empty data.

I have to ask - why on single player do you have stuff stored in the Terminals(unless you were transferring kit from one map to another)? What purpose is there in that? Cause most stuff is saved in the map files, not in a profile file. And this file is ONLY used by single player.

Thank you for responds! Yes I ran the game already that's how i found out things are missing. I have my own server i'm paying for i dont play single player,  and i have many maps i transfer things around from one to another, so i keep some things in terminal so when i need a dino on a different map i just download it off when needed and then put back in. I really love using terminal it's highly useful to me in many cases. I even had lots of structures in, so whenever i want to build something at random place i put terminal on floor and take them off it, etc. etc.

To my luck i actually downloaded most highly important dinos off it, but I dont remember what i still had inthere, was at least 15 dinos, but some were only cool colors for breeding purposes, I had some ascendant items and saddles and i think one frog that had really good stats but i think i can recover old map backup and can upload it up again and download on my main save file. I just want to know if there's any way i can recover this file before i go in to deep searching all my old map backups in search for stuff I remember i uploaded to terminal in order to recover them manually. (a lot of struggle that will be).

9 hours ago, Nka19 said:

I have my own server i'm paying for i dont play single player

OK - Sorry but I think you are stuck playing around with back-up files .... Just a thought - but you may benefit from running your maps in a cluster - that way all the transferring & etc. is server-side with nothing on your local machine. And you can transfer directly (with all your inventory) between maps an the cluster, no need to upload / disconnect, connect new map / download. (I think you can safely put your existing maps into a cluster - but a copy of data may be good before you try :)) Good luck!

On 12/6/2021 at 2:16 PM, Nka19 said:

I just want to know if there's any way i can recover this file before i go in to deep searching all my old map backups in search for stuff I remember i uploaded to terminal in order to recover them manually. (a lot of struggle that will be).

Unless you specifically have made back ups of that file then you won't be able to recover it other than using some sort of disk recovery tool.

To my luck i actually downloaded most highly important dinos off it, but I dont remember what i still had inthere, was at least 15 dinos, but some were only cool colors for breeding purposes, I had some ascendant items and saddles and i think one frog that had really good stats but i think i can recover old map backup and can upload it up again and download on my main save file.

For what it's worth, you can use admin commands to re-create most of this stuff. If you're not familiar with using admin commands they are powerful and helpful. You can, for example, spawn in items until you get something that's equivalent to what you lost, and you can use admin commands to assign color regions to dinos, and of course you can spawn in structures.

Thank you for responds! Yes I ran the game already that's how i found out things are missing. I have my own server i'm paying for i dont play single player,  and i have many maps i transfer things around from one to another, so i keep some things in terminal so when i need a dino on a different map i just download it off when needed and then put back in.

Since you're running your maps on a server that is separate from your game computer, I think this is a good time for you to become familiar with using two additional parameters when you start up your maps

?AltSaveDirectoryName=

and

-clusterid=

Rather than write out a long explanation here of how these parameters work, I suggest you read the documentation for these commands on the wiki or other guides, all I would be doing is re-writing things that other people have already written.

This will accomplish 2 things:

1) Instead of having all of the save files in one big, mixed up directory, each map will have it's own save directory which will make it a lot easier to look for things if you need to.

Example: ../Steam/arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/Island

Example: ../Steam/arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/Scorched

2) By putting all of your maps into a cluster there will be a separate directory that contains only the storage file(s) for the obelisk.

Example: ../Steam/arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/clusters/YourClusterName

Mind you, each player will still only have a single file under the cluster directory which, in your case, means that there will still only be one file. But it will be easier to find and it will be obvious from the location what the file is for.

Also, if you ever decided to let other people play on your server/maps, you would already be set up so that everyone will have their own individual file in the obelisk. On my private cluster we have 6 people, and under the ../YourClusterName directory there are 6 files, one for each player.

Hope this helps.

Wow, thank you for reply, i never heard of cluster, i'll look in to it, if I can even run this, i dont host it on my PC i ordered it on another site and i use FileZila to access files and their website to load and close server and manage settings.

And yes, I know admin commands, i use them a lot in a fair use when game cheats me out on things, or if i need to build something that goes half in wall i use ghost for asist etc. etc.

I thought of spawning stuff i lost but i dont know how many structures i had inthere i know it was 30 stacks of random ones, some glass and stone. And dino colors.. no clue which ID's they had on what regions so that's pretty much a lost case lol.

Archived