Missing some sound/visual effects since genesis2 released

Ophiophilius

I've looked everywhere I could and didn't find anyone mentioning this but since around the release of genesis2 i've noticed that dinos no longer make water splashing sounds when they're running in rivers or other bodies of water, so I was wondering if it's just something that's affecting me.

The little sparks visual effects of supply drops with yellow rings on valguero also seem to have been taken out at the same time, pretty minor stuff but I was wondering what was up with that

3 hours ago, Ophiophilius said:

I've looked everywhere I could and didn't find anyone mentioning this but since around the release of genesis2 i've noticed that dinos no longer make water splashing sounds when they're running in rivers or other bodies of water, so I was wondering if it's just something that's affecting me.

The little sparks visual effects of supply drops with yellow rings on valguero also seem to have been taken out at the same time, pretty minor stuff but I was wondering what was up with that

there was quite a few minor changes as such. Im thinking its either an attempt to help prevent crashing or such.....I remember one of the best changes in awhile was how resources simple twist and disapear compared to the falling apart and after awhile falling through the ground......I kept haveing some seriouse stutter issues when I was going baserk on an anky.....all the dead clutter waiting to fall through the map would kill framerate, and if I hit enough in rapid succession, it could crash the game when they started falling through the map.

So could be a performance work around.

35 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

there was quite a few minor changes as such. Im thinking its either an attempt to help prevent crashing or such.....I remember one of the best changes in awhile was how resources simple twist and disapear compared to the falling apart and after awhile falling through the ground......I kept haveing some seriouse stutter issues when I was going baserk on an anky.....all the dead clutter waiting to fall through the map would kill framerate, and if I hit enough in rapid succession, it could crash the game when they started falling through the map.

So could be a performance work around.

that's odd, I haven't noticed any changes with how things behave when harvesting resources, i've also never had performance issues due to rapid harvesting so I don't know...

21 hours ago, Ophiophilius said:

that's odd, I haven't noticed any changes with how things behave when harvesting resources, i've also never had performance issues due to rapid harvesting so I don't know...

Not sure if its a pc thing or not, but on xbox, resources would "explode" in to many pieces and stay within the world for an extended amount of time before finally falling through the map.....Harvest a rock for stone's and chunks of the original graphic would go flying everywhere when the node became ruined. Hit ten or so rocks or boulders, and they would all hold for some time, and it would cause the xbox to chug down in framerate. If you could manage 20 or so boulders before the very first one disappeared under ground, you was running the risk of the game crashing.

The fix the implemented now "twists" the graphic and as it twists it just simply disappears. Lot less issues with this new method of node destruction. 

6 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Not sure if its a pc thing or not, but on xbox, resources would "explode" in to many pieces and stay within the world for an extended amount of time before finally falling through the map.....Harvest a rock for stone's and chunks of the original graphic would go flying everywhere when the node became ruined. Hit ten or so rocks or boulders, and they would all hold for some time, and it would cause the xbox to chug down in framerate. If you could manage 20 or so boulders before the very first one disappeared under ground, you was running the risk of the game crashing.

The fix the implemented now "twists" the graphic and as it twists it just simply disappears. Lot less issues with this new method of node destruction. 

I see, on pc it still explodes into fragments when you harvest, but i've never had that cause a drop in performance.

Heavy jungles with lots of berry bushes on the island, and the bugged cave on the center that endlessly spawns creatures are the only two things slowing the game down for me

Oddly enough, not so much for us....I can go into the swamp cave with all the dragonflies and eat a rare flower to lure them in and it might jump a lil bit, but after a few of them have been delt with, the game will pick up and go again.

Of course I may be used to the lower frame rate and jitters, so I don't even register when it does it. x.x

5 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Oddly enough, not so much for us....I can go into the swamp cave with all the dragonflies and eat a rare flower to lure them in and it might jump a lil bit, but after a few of them have been delt with, the game will pick up and go again.

Of course I may be used to the lower frame rate and jitters, so I don't even register when it does it. x.x

The swamp cave on the island is fine, I was talking about the jungle cave on the map "the center" that spawns literally thousands of araneo/titanoboa/scorpions and megalosaurus, and you can see them respawn and fall on your head as you clear them off

19 hours ago, Ophiophilius said:

The swamp cave on the island is fine, I was talking about the jungle cave on the map "the center" that spawns literally thousands of araneo/titanoboa/scorpions and megalosaurus, and you can see them respawn and fall on your head as you clear them off

Sadly have not done very much of the center map, its really buggy for us....If I try to get a drink of water, I get insta teleported back to the host. And the host themselves can be standing an inch away from the water source......I tried to build a raft once while she was in the base cooking narco and both the raft and me got teleported inside the base XD we quit playing the center very shortly after that.
So I cannot compare sadly. =/

Archived