Singleplayer creature breeding questions

Johnathanappleman

I mainly play ark in singleplayer because I'm very picky with rates and mods. I want to start breeding creatures, what would be the best rates for breeding and imprinting? I don't want it to be so easy it only takes 1 imprint and 5 minutes to raise a creature, but I don't want it taking 3 days either. Anyone have good rates to use?

38 minutes ago, Johnathanappleman said:

I mainly play ark in singleplayer because I'm very picky with rates and mods. I want to start breeding creatures, what would be the best rates for breeding and imprinting? I don't want it to be so easy it only takes 1 imprint and 5 minutes to raise a creature, but I don't want it taking 3 days either. Anyone have good rates to use?

No matter how you look at it, it's going to take multiple generations to create good breeding lines. The answer depends somewhat on how many species you want to breed - do you want to breed a dozen species for different reasons, different fights, different bosses, or do you just want to breed one species and then use it as much as you can.

For example:
On The Island you might want to breed sabers for the first couple of caves, thyla's for the harder caves that can fit bigger creatures, megatheria for the spider boss, Therizino's for the ape boss, Rex's for the dragon boss, plus yuty's and daeodons for all the bosses. Or... you might just want to breed sabers and rexes but breed them into super-dinos that you can use in multiple places.

Every time you create a new bloodline it's going to take you multiple generations, and then if you're going to try to maximize them by doing a lot of mutating it's going to take you a lot more generations and therefore the number of species you breed will have a significant impact on how much time you spend breeding and how convenient or inconvenient breeding will be for you.

My suggestion to you is to start by using the following:

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.1
MatingSpeedMultiplier=30.0
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=30.0
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=30.0

Then begin by breeding something that is not important to you, but will also not take up a huge amount of space in your base. Carnivores take longer to mature than most herbivores, so I would practice your breeding with something like dilo's. If you find that those setting make it too easy or convenient for you then you can always reduce them to make the breeding process take longer.

1 hour ago, Johnathanappleman said:

Single player settings are .....a bit long in the tooth, but I suppose if you doubled it, it will still give you the impression of legit growth period with the struggle, but half the time to be chained down to baby raising. 

On 12/9/2021 at 10:46 PM, Johnathanappleman said:

That's the thing, it's singleplayer so I can't just log off. The session needs to be open for it to grow.

Yeah, in all honesty, I feel like the best method for you would be to just double the rates as they are right now....I dunno where they are here in the forums, might wanna try @Joebl0w13 to figure out where those settings are at, but Im right there with you. For single player, baby raising takes way too long.

Archived