No giga for turkeys, try a thylo

wizard03

Just got to messing around on my ark for a bit, and ran accross a turkey with one of my thylo's. I didn't think much about it, but decided to try and kill it with my murder kitty. First thing I noticed is that the turkeys just can't get up much of anything. Even just a tiny rock on the beach is high enough to get away from em. Secound thing I noticed is that the bleed effect is a thing, a real thing! I killed it rather easily compared to other methods pointed out that I decided to tame up a low level just to see if it could do the same thing and indeed it does....I killed a super turkey with a level 35 thylacoleo I just slap tamed! Sadly in all instances the kitty never got credit for the kill, so no crazy extra level ups, but yeah. You want a quick and easy way of dealing with turkey's, get a thylo.

However do mind any nearby wild life, seems they will turn everything nearby against you. Lost my junk 35 thylo to two iguanadon's, and a steggo that got a lucky stamina drain spike attack on me.

Kinda think you missing the point, I believe the intention was to NOT use a dino (they have a 90% resist) but ive been on beginer server killin turkey with a prim double barrel shotty, It take around 60 shells and yes the wilds around can be a pain, But any of the projectile dinos or those with a % hp bleed effect will win faily easily.

8 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I'll give my thyla a chance but my giga can eat them in 3 bites.

well yeah, gigas will just straight up tear em up, but since it takes such a long time to get a good mutated giga going, I thought it would be a good idea to point this out for anyone looking for a quicker way of dealing with em.

10 hours ago, wizard03 said:

well yeah, gigas will just straight up tear em up, but since it takes such a long time to get a good mutated giga going, I thought it would be a good idea to point this out for anyone looking for a quicker way of dealing with em.

Ah ok xD yea I gave up when the other two turkeys came at me to help the first and then ran and got my giga and they chased after me and were in a huddle where they went out of render lol

4 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Ah ok xD yea I gave up when the other two turkeys came at me to help the first and then ran and got my giga and they chased after me and were in a huddle where they went out of render lol

had a double turkey incident myself. Had to find something to get up off the ground to deal with em, but nuked em both on my perch......thylo may not be the best or quickest, but its indeed a viable solution, especially for first time players on official.

8 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

had a double turkey incident myself. Had to find something to get up off the ground to deal with em, but nuked em both on my perch......thylo may not be the best or quickest, but its indeed a viable solution, especially for first time players on official.

Yea, I misunderstood the title, I thought you meant "try a thyla instead" not use a thyla if you dont have a giga xD but sometimes that happens, sometimes something is more susceptible to weaker dinos or bleed dinos. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived