Please Do Not Make same errors again

WaltZie

Dear ARK 2 team, please learn from ARK errors and issues and design new version above their corrections ,,,

Here are may personal top list of most hated issues:

1. Under Mesh Cheat
  2. Missing Server healt and automatic restart
  3. Spam Buildings (too many builds to crash server and/or place thousands around to own territory)
  4. Easily Identify on which servers are my pg

Thanks Much!

• 2 weeks later...

Real problems that should be avoided:

1. Hyperaggressive animals that don't let you go anywhere on foot without a fight every 15 seconds

2. Time-sink taming, and the general balance of the game being based around highly-active tribes

3. Animal power-creep

Definitely agree that build limits should be more controllable, because every server is filled with eyesore mega-bases.

On 11/30/2021 at 2:10 AM, WaltZie said:

Dear ARK 2 team, please learn from ARK errors and issues

I imagine this big Wildcard board-room meeting where the designers and devs all get together and a suit starts with "ok folks - Ark was kind of hit-and-miss.  We have a lot to be proud of, but made some big mistakes.  It is time to start Ark 2.  I recommend we start by making all the same mistakes and errors.  Who is with me?"

Sofar, the latest update and expansion (Lost Island) told me they are not realy learning from mistakes. At least not concerning consoles.
Why? Well, for starters:

• Version number as given on patchnotes do (again) not match the numbers as displayed in-game or in menu. Do they actualy know internaly what the correct numbers are?
  • Texture or model issues are worse than ever! The event gacha's are taking MINUTES to get their shape. On occasions this was already annoying since Gen2 launch but realy, FIX IT.
  • Again, mechanics that worked before after being broken several times (read: after every mayor patch) are broken again. Stryders not harvesting all they used to harvest when linked to dedi box to name one...

Not to mention the increasing amounts of times that mini rollback of 15 (or 20, was only 5 last year!) seconds is glitching you to a place  you never were or wanted to (or even can't!) go. Bugs can come with new code, but please... Re-introducing fixed bugs this many times? Of course, making errors are part of being human. But not having work checked before being implemented? Ok, maybe on occasion... But not this predictable!

But in general I have the feeling there is a certain work flow/ethics issue or communication problem in the company that needs to be adressed before they gain my trust. In all these years they have prooven to be able to create an amazing, impressive and complicated game while in the meantime still not have learned to improve some very small issues.

On 12/13/2021 at 6:37 AM, maxplanck58 said:

I imagine this big Wildcard board-room meeting where the designers and devs all get together and a suit starts with "ok folks - Ark was kind of hit-and-miss.  We have a lot to be proud of, but made some big mistakes.  It is time to start Ark 2.  I recommend we start by making all the same mistakes and errors.  Who is with me?"

Really it's about how self-aware the devs are.

I think Wildcard is halfway decent at it. They paid enough attention to the community to do things like combat kibble farms. However in my personal opinion, every official expansion has been worse than the last.

• 3 months later...

Archived