Ark survival evolved

Fazegarrboo

4 hours ago, Fazegarrboo said:

We are trying to install this game on xbox one. Before its more then 2% installed it says installation stopped. We thought it was a bad disc so exchange for another one. Same think happened. Please help

Might wanna try to get your money back, and then buy it online.....disc sales are a thing of the past really, I think I have had to buy the game twice now....first one was a disk, and after some problems where I tried to uninstall and reinstall, had to buy the game. But I wanted more than just the island map anyhow, so I considered it worth the cost. Its also on game pass so if you have that, you should be able to download via that method.

Whatever you do however, make absolutely sure that you trying to do a "fresh" and clean install......Delete any previous stuff you have already downloaded for ark in your xbox first, and then try it again. This will make sure that if anything went wrong during the download that its cleaned out and not interfering.
You might also want to just let it go overnight as well......ark is a huge game. Perhaps the most massive game in your entire library. 

On 11/27/2021 at 9:20 AM, wizard03 said:

Might wanna try to get your money back, and then buy it online.....disc sales are a thing of the past really, I think I have had to buy the game twice now....first one was a disk, and after some problems where I tried to uninstall and reinstall, had to buy the game. But I wanted more than just the island map anyhow, so I considered it worth the cost. Its also on game pass so if you have that, you should be able to download via that method.

Whatever you do however, make absolutely sure that you trying to do a "fresh" and clean install......Delete any previous stuff you have already downloaded for ark in your xbox first, and then try it again. This will make sure that if anything went wrong during the download that its cleaned out and not interfering.
You might also want to just let it go overnight as well......ark is a huge game. Perhaps the most massive game in your entire library. 

And it is worth checking if you have space to install it. It is HUGE, dunno about x-box, but a PC install can be like 340 Gbytes for all the paid / free DLC's

14 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

And it is worth checking if you have space to install it. It is HUGE, dunno about x-box, but a PC install can be like 340 Gbytes for all the paid / free DLC's

Its right there'ish.....I wanna say its over 250 gb here. Which is insane, but then again it does have a lot going on, the maps are massive, and the details in everything is a lot more indepth than you would first think.

Still, I wonder how big it really is if someone was to sit down and optimize everything....Clean out old code thats no longer used, remove any unused graphics that just sitting in the files, ect. ect.

19 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Still, I wonder how big it really is if someone was to sit down and optimize everything....Clean out old code thats no longer used, remove any unused graphics that just sitting in the files, ect. ect.

Exactly - code will never be a significant contributor to Giga Bytes, but textures / images and so on ... The various map (with "near" and "far" copies of regions in the map) files are by far the biggest size hogs and whilst I dunno how the UT engine works at all, I am guessing that those could be compressed considerably. I'm willing to bet that there are multiple invisible or "over painted" layers of stuff in those files.

Archived