Need help with Alpha Broodmother - Single player

RineraAnakiir

Hey, I just wonder if anyone has any advice for how to beat the Alpha Broodmother.

I was planning on Megatheriums, but how strong should their stats be? Any other dino that is better? 
I beat it once with a raptor pack on gamma - 20 raptors at lv 200+ with only health and melee improvements (and weight, stanima and speed on one of them - the one I use to travel the map)

Setting wise, I do play with single player, speeded up taming and breeding, flyers in caves and improved flyer speed, and no max level but like official with everything else. Dificulty is high as I maxed out the bar.

23 hours ago, RineraAnakiir said:

Hey, I just wonder if anyone has any advice for how to beat the Alpha Broodmother.

I was planning on Megatheriums, but how strong should their stats be? Any other dino that is better? 
I beat it once with a raptor pack on gamma - 20 raptors at lv 200+ with only health and melee improvements (and weight, stanima and speed on one of them - the one I use to travel the map)

Setting wise, I do play with single player, speeded up taming and breeding, flyers in caves and improved flyer speed, and no max level but like official with everything else. Dificulty is high as I maxed out the bar.

back in the day, brood mother was ok. Now......well lets just say you had better treat it as if its the easy dragon fight.

Id suggest megatheriums, yuty, and its up to you if you want to bring a pig to the fight or not. A lot of people say don't, but honestly, I always bring a pig.
Get the megs to about 25k-30k health and all the rest of the points into melee, and get that melee over 1000 if at all possible. You might be able to do it. If you run em for mutations, health first is best, then you can slap more level ups into melee.

If you do anything else, rexs or theri's, then you are going to want roughly the same health stats, but get the mutations in melee. Also, theri's + cakes = FTW

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

back in the day, brood mother was ok. Now......well lets just say you had better treat it as if its the easy dragon fight.

Id suggest megatheriums, yuty, and its up to you if you want to bring a pig to the fight or not. A lot of people say don't, but honestly, I always bring a pig.
Get the megs to about 25k-30k health and all the rest of the points into melee, and get that melee over 1000 if at all possible. You might be able to do it. If you run em for mutations, health first is best, then you can slap more level ups into melee.

If you do anything else, rexs or theri's, then you are going to want roughly the same health stats, but get the mutations in melee. Also, theri's + cakes = FTW

@RineraAnakiir Therizinos help a lot.  Cakes make them way way more threatening than they otherwise would be because of the regen.  Alpha Lysrix hits in melee like a truck, and the spider adds are no joke, clocking in around level 500.  But with a roar-buff and some Cakes, even the hardest bosses fall to Therizinos.

Megas are also terribly powerful at the fight, I used to solo Beta on Official with an army of Megas, saddles from 70-85 armor, 25K HP, and ~500 melee.  Just me, 19 Sloths, and a Yuty.  Once they get the bug killer buff, they hit very hard (double melee damage) and take very reduced damage.  Only thing is, cakes don't work on omnivores, unless they've changed it recently.  No omnivores (even bears, biggest bummer) gain a benefit from Cakes.

Archived