Question for Basilisk owners

Shadowfrog

2 hours ago, Shadowfrog said:

Should i be using my basilisk to knock out bigger dinos like gigas and rexes, it seems dangerous since they can hit back even in traps.

basilisks are not the best knock out creatures, in order to knock anything out with them, you need to bite a single time, slither back and wait awhile for the venom to do its thing. After a few moments, repeat the process until the rex finally falls asleep.....it takes an extended amount of time to do it and if you get hasty about it, you will kill your target. The best knock out creatures are the eques or a mantis. Just make sure you pump a bunch of points into melee, and get that ascendant saddle for them. And in the horses case, might even give it a couple cakes to help do a rex. Don't forget a yuty.

If you want, nooblets did a video on the mantis KO'ing a lvl 150 rex in 6 seconds with all the buffs and such you can get: here

With that said however, the giga is just too powerful to do with any creature. Sadly you gotta use some form of tek, and a trap is VIOLENTLY recommended. 

14 hours ago, wizard03 said:

With that said however, the giga is just too powerful to do with any creature. Sadly you gotta use some form of tek, and a trap is VIOLENTLY recommended. 

My giga traps are always just 4 metal gateways and a bear trap (followed by a lot of tranq darts or tranq arrows), what tek are you suggesting should be used?

17 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

My giga traps are always just 4 metal gateways and a bear trap (followed by a lot of tranq darts or tranq arrows), what tek are you suggesting should be used?

I ment tech.....engrams.....human technology instead of a creature. Building a trap, then using something that only a human can use such as slingshot, bow, crossbow, tranq gun...

as far as I know, no creature is capable of knocking out another creature without getting in the way of an attack. So its either gotta tank it, or suicide run it....with a rex, the usual imprint, mate boost, yuty roar, and an ascendant saddle should be all you should need in order to be able to tank it. But with a giga, no chance. Gotta use a ranged attack method and there are not many creatures that can do that as quickly as the age old long neck, with shocking darts. Especially if the long neck is a higher quality piece than primitive.

Archived