Blocking explorer notes

Lightodin

There's no way they could enforce no blocking all one thousand explorer notes. You could barely have a base anywhere on the maps with notes. They should have never tied a reward to getting them all in the first place when it's practically impossible on most clusters unless you are in a big enough tribe to own 1 entire server of each map (for pvp).

On 11/15/2021 at 5:14 PM, Lightodin said:

So blocking someone from getting the explorer note achievement on PVE Official servers is allowed but you can't block a waterway that someone can walk around... Can we get someone with some common sense to make these rules please?

Did you submit a support ticket?

When you say it's "allowed" are you simply saying that someone did it and you're mad at them, or did you do what you're supposed to do, submit a ticket to support, and support made a decision to not enforce it.

That's not allowed. Ask them nicely to modify their base to open access, take screen shots (of the blockage, of conversations, and anything else you can think of). If they try to argue that it is allowed, tell them politely they are preventing you from playing the game. Refer them to the code of conduct specifically to the section on pve specific griefing. Blocking explorer notes, I believe, isn't explicitly addressed in the section but anyone with common sense can infer that they shouldn't block them on pveCode of Conduct - ARK - Official Community Forums (survivetheark.com)

On 11/19/2021 at 8:26 AM, Prophet1993 said:

Yes it is allowed, and not against CoC
I've submitted a ticket few days ago for same reason, GM Reaper told me it's ok 🙄

I'm pretty darned sure that GM is incorrect, unless WC has changed their policy.

On PvE servers it is against the game policy to block important resources, including explorers' notes.

21 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

I'm pretty darned sure that GM is incorrect, unless WC has changed their policy.

On PvE servers it is against the game policy to block important resources, including explorers' notes.

You can jump on other server to get the Explorernote if its blocked on yours.

There are so many notes nobody can build bases if we must care about the notes.

And at last... If u will get all notes for the extra Levels there is no way to manage this on official bc. a lot of them are bugged. You can only get it with Admin cheats 😉

12 hours ago, Austria said:

You can jump on other server to get the Explorernote if its blocked on yours.

That's a true statement but it's also a red herring, it doesn't answer whether blocking them is allowed or not.

There are so many notes nobody can build bases if we must care about the notes.

Of course we can still build bases. There's no rule against building near, or around, notes. The rule as described in the CoC is: "you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers." It's a simple and easy thing to build your base in such a way that people can have access to the notes, there's no reason to ever block a note in PvE unless you're just lazy and selfish.

And at last... If u will get all notes for the extra Levels there is no way to manage this on official bc. a lot of them are bugged. You can only get it with Admin cheats 😉

Again a true statement that's a red herring, it doesn't do anything to answer whether blocking notes is legal or not.

The real issue here is that the CoC is worded ambiguously and the GM's have not been consistent about how they interpret the rules. Prophet1993 posted and example of a GM who said that note blocking is allowed, but I've known a few people over the years who had structures removed by GM's specifically because they blocked a note.

Here's the pertinent section of the CoC:

"Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, Extinction City Terminals, Orbital supply crates on Extinction, Teleporters, Dispatchers, or Mission Terminals and etc)"

It's the "etc" that causes this problem. Some GM's interpret "etc" to include notes will remove structures whereas other GM's don't consider notes to be included in the "etc" and won't do anything about it. What we all need is for WC to explicitly state whether blocking notes is legal or not and for them to teach all of their GM's to act on that rule the same way.

Archived