Hello all!

Name's Andy and I've been playing Ark: Survival Evolved on the PC for a little over a year now! Outside Ark, I'm a vertebrate paleontologist who's research focuses on basal theropods to include genus such as Dilophosaurus, Allosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Cryolophosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus! Before paleontology, I was a former wildlife crime investigator for the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) - spending around 6 years combating international wildlife crime and conducting anti-poaching (from the illicit elephant ivory trade to rhino horn and even pangolin scales). 

Looking forward to chatting it up with you all and joining you all for future Ark content! Have fun, fellow survivors!

1202657365_FORUMPICTURE.jpg.9502284bc24a478724838ae318540895.jpg

965650570_forumpost2.jpg.6bb2457a332386e839be1b71061f2c72.jpg

Nice Job playing a Dino Doctor irl but in ark your fancy degrees and skills & knowledge you have obtained by working hard throughout the world won't help you when you get arked because those that shall remain nameless do not know how to code something correctly. We are better & stronger for having you here mate but do please keep in mind that playing with bones isn't nearly as important as playing with pie and ice cream ;) Doctor Professor Master Mus !hype 🧐

11 hours ago, BurnTheUnclean said:

Hello all!

Name's Andy and I've been playing Ark: Survival Evolved on the PC for a little over a year now! Outside Ark, I'm a vertebrate paleontologist who's research focuses on basal theropods to include genus such as Dilophosaurus, Allosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Cryolophosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus! Before paleontology, I was a former wildlife crime investigator for the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) - spending around 6 years combating international wildlife crime and conducting anti-poaching (from the illicit elephant ivory trade to rhino horn and even pangolin scales). 

Looking forward to chatting it up with you all and joining you all for future Ark content! Have fun, fellow survivors!

Damn, you are very overqualified to be playing ARK!

We are in a strange period in ARK's life now, since the announcement of ARK 2 the forums are a bit slower than they ever have been.  But Anarki's "What did you do today in ARK?" thread is always a fun read, and is usually updated quite frequently.  Past that, there is a ridiculous amount of past discussion logged away on here, so even if the forums aren't super active there is still a lot to read.

• 2 months later...

That's awesome to know that a real paleontologist plays this game. I've been in love with dinosaurs for most of my life and like to consider myself a bit of an armchair paleontologist but all of my knowledge is self-taught. My childhood dream was to be a paleontologist when I grew up but life took me in a different direction. I can still enjoy the science in my free time though. I've actually made a Youtube video covering the most anatomically correct (in my opinion) dinos in the game. I'm sure I missed something or got something wrong but I'd be honored for a real paleontologist to check it out.

I also have videos on taming the Cryolophosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus from the Ark Additions Mod.

Archived