Cluster is Dying

SneakyDuck

So the official pvp cluster I play on is dying. Trolls and griefers are wiping the bobs left and right and now the server barely has 6 players on at any given time across all maps. Tribes are not letting other tribes build up and tell there friends of the cluster. My question is how long does a cluster have to be dead for or how few of a people have to be on before they shut it down for inactivity. I know a friend played on CA1 back in the day and when that alpha tribe wiped everyone and it was on alpha logging in they shut it down and now its a legacy server. I dont want the cluster i play on to become a legacy server. I just want to know when and if wildcard will shut us down. 

Only way to really know for sure is to to watch for dev blogs and maintenance notes. Everything else is really just speculation. My rhetorical question for you is why does it matter? 

Since it’s a cluster it’s not like you would be able to transfer out anyways and if you are trying to decide whether to stay or start new on some other server, I’d make the argument that all servers will eventually become legacy with ark 2 in the works. Just play where you would like and enjoy the time you have left, rather than trying to count your remaining days. :)

3 hours ago, SneakyDuck said:

So the official pvp cluster I play on is dying. Trolls and griefers are wiping the bobs left and right and now the server barely has 6 players on at any given time across all maps. Tribes are not letting other tribes build up and tell there friends of the cluster. My question is how long does a cluster have to be dead for or how few of a people have to be on before they shut it down for inactivity. I know a friend played on CA1 back in the day and when that alpha tribe wiped everyone and it was on alpha logging in they shut it down and now its a legacy server. I dont want the cluster i play on to become a legacy server. I just want to know when and if wildcard will shut us down. 

I dont think the new officials become legacy. Legacy are the servers from before the game was officially released, it doesnt mean low population.

21 hours ago, SneakyDuck said:

If you played from the Epic game launcher instead, those 6 players chasing everyone away wouldn't be able to tell which server you were visiting.  They can't chase you away if they don't know where you are.

39 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

If you played from the Epic game launcher instead, those 6 players chasing everyone away wouldn't be able to tell which server you were visiting.  They can't chase you away if they don't know where you are.

Didn’t even realize playing from a different launcher was a thing 😂

15 hours ago, Logan96 said:

Didn’t even realize playing from a different launcher was a thing 😂

Yeah, people who buy Ark on the Epic store can play on all official servers Steam users can, alongside unmodded unofficials. However, for some dumb reason Epic store players do not show up in the player count list, or on sites like battlemetrics. So there could very well be more than 6 people on that cluster, since using the Epic version is now part of the PVP meta. 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:18 AM, Dreadcthulhu said:

However, for some dumb reason Epic store players do not show up in the player count list

To be clear, you mean while you're logging in and it's like 0/70 or what ever? Like isn't that count supposed to come directly from the server, and has nothing to do with the whole steam v epic stuff? That is DUMB!... :/

Archived