Top 10 Ark Maps (From Easiest to Hardest)

BigSuccinYes

Note1: this is my opinion you are free to think it your way I am not enforcing this on anyone
Note2: This can contain some spoilers

N10: Genesis Part 2:
Since it's the final map some might think it's the hardest but in the end it's relatively easy, as you start with tek suit, not only that but the only truly dangerous biome is Rockwell's Proliferations even the final boss is pretty easy, the only difficult part is the missions but they aren't too hard

N9: Crystal Isles:
With an easy starting place and early game wyverns, you can say it's one of the easiest maps, there is no truly dangerous biome, maybe Eldritch Island but it's not that big of a treat, the only thing that isn't so easy about the map is the boss, but outside of that it's relatively easy

N8: Ragnarok: With easy to medium difficulty starting places it can be considered one of the easier maps, and also one of the best ones overall, not even the bossfight is that difficult

N7: The Center: The map itself isn't so hard, not even the boss is, but traveling takes much time and that places it slightly higher than Ragnarok

N6: Valguero: Being similar to Ragnarok, one could say they can be swapped, the real reason it's higher than ragnarok is because the boss can easily be considered harder, way harder as it is 3 bosses in the same arena

N5: Scorched Earth: While starting out may not be the best, continuing isn't too hard, there is no truly dangerous biome and in general the boss is one of the easiest ones

N4: The Island: It may seem easy at first, but, the amount of grind needed to defeat all bosses places it way higher than it should

N3: Extinction: Starting out isn't bad, but the fact that most of the map is filled with corrupted creatures and the grind needed to get to the end makes it one of the hardest maps to complete

N2: Aberration: Extinction and Aberration can easily be swapped because while aberration may be one of the hardest maps to survive to, it has one of the easiest boss and boss preparation

N1: Genesis Part 1: Easily the hardest map of all of them, hardest to start out on and hardest to complete with the hardest boss, only map other than aberration with 2 Truly Dangerous biomes, this map is easily the hardest of them all

On 11/12/2021 at 8:06 AM, BigSuccinYes said:

N10: Genesis Part 2: I have not played this yet, can't comment

N8: Ragnarok: I have not played this yet, can't comment

N6: Valguero: I have not played this yet, can't comment

N1: Genesis Part 1: I have not played this yet, can't comment

N9: Crystal Isles: I must say that the small amount of this map that I have played, it is indeed a fair map thus far.

N5: Scorched Earth: I felt that scorched earth was one of the easier one's, granted there are times where it will test you, but it helps break the monotony.

N4: The Island: It may seem easy at first, but, the amount of grind needed to defeat all bosses places it way higher than it should <== I absolutely agree.

N3: Extinction: If you transfer things over from map to map, this is kind of easy especially with giga's. But it feels like things are always on the line through the whole run if you make too many mistakes. If your starting over from scratch with a new character however, Id say its the hardest and longest grind of the whole game. At least from the current list of maps that I have played. Still waiting on Zany Zebra's 100 days of extinction challenge. Its gonna be a good one!

N7: The Center: We tried to play this map, however the host tethering issue on this map was so volatile that I could not even get a drink of water without being teleported back to the host. Even if the host was standing next to the water source I was trying to drink from.

N2: Aberration: Aberration is absolutely, positively, the WORST map I have played on....getting lost all the time, constantly getting killed by super creatures, the weird hallucinations that happen for no reason {no mushrooms anywhere and suddenly you just start freezing or drowning to death?} Lastly all of the bugs. Aberration is just unplayable due to the bugs involved right now. Zany showcased a bunch of them already.

I haven't played 4 of these maps (center, valguero, aberration, extinction) but of the 6 that I did play I agree on their ranking position for the most part. To differ from your list, the island map is quite a bit easier than scorched earth, although I do agree on the fact that the island makes it pretty difficult to do the bosses, more difficult than scorched earth's boss, but that's the only way that I see the island as harder than scorched.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that aberration is hard the first time I think extinction just takes longer to defeat the bosses and to actually start out on extinction it's hard to survive anywhere except the forest and the city and not including the fact that defeating the hardest orbital loot drops are basically impossible solo

Archived