Wendigo The shadow of the mountains

pjenestratsie

Suggestion

wild: Not many people have ever seen a wendigo and lived to tell the tale, they speak of a skinny creature hiding in the mountains that lures people and creatures towards it with familiar sounds. once you get close enough the wendigo will unleash its tremendous speed and take away their victim never to be seen again. the only part you see before they attack is a glowing pair of eyes in the darkness.

Domesticated: although very hard it is possible to tame a wendigo. this can happen only if a person gets bitten by a wild  wendigo and survives, although this is not something to be celebrated. a domestic wendigo can have its owner hold onto its back while traveling. their speed in nearly unmatched in the ark and while sprinting they become invisible. they can lure creatures and people away with their impressions and even pick up a person or smaller creature. although not that tanky they can punish their oponents greatly with their claws and jump ability.

i know its real creatures only but come on its a snow map

Wendigo5-367x475.jpg

Edited by pjenestratsie
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 replies to this server topic

18 hours ago, pjenestratsie said:

i know its real creatures only but come on its a snow map

So not only do you already admit you just made a highly invalid suggestion for the creature vote, you seem to not even know that Fjordur is as much a snow map as The Island is. Just because the map has at most 15% snow doesn't mean it's a snow map...

Not a real prehistoric animal + as edmundium mentioned, it's cultural appropriation. The Wendigo isn't a cryptid, it's an important cultural symbol to the Algonquin/Great Lakes people. We don't need another cheiftan hat incident.

https://writingwithcolor.tumblr.com/post/171102081849/no-longer-taking-questions-involving-the-wendigo

Edited by AdamOlympius

8 minutes ago, indo09529 said:

I didn't see that vote there of I was checking other votes but this one yes of wildcard needs to add it but it is a real creature and spirit tho, that be awesome the Wendigo will be added in ark but idk it will win the vote tho.

I just saying tho.

Have you read the comments ? It is indeed a real spirit from a living religion, and as such it would be innapropriate to make it a creature in a game that is not centered around the topic of that specific culture.

1 hour ago, indo09529 said:

True of Wendigo it good addition to ark of the new map tho

It's not; it's first of all not a real existing animal like the vote requires (real mythology does not mean the creature itself is real).

And secondly, the map's theme is Norse, which is not where this creature is from at all.