Purussaurus Titananus

Udam

Suggestion

The Purussaurus is a extinct relative of the Caiman. 
(Inspiration, Ark Additions, Sarco, Me living in a Place full of Gators)  

In the wild:

they live in bodies of water/Rivers. Areas like the Ocean, Lakes, Frozon rivers, and they Make the Large dinos fear getting a drink!, Due to their Oily skin they can live in Cold Areas and hunt like if its a Hot Swamp. they have extremely Strong jaws and a Tail that makes a Brontos looks weak. they have Sharp spikes like plates and Extremely Strong skin. Even though they are very large, they are rather nimble on land able to "Galop" to targets like a Cuban Croc! However this comes at a Cost, Due to their fat and oils they store to keep them warm, they burn through stamina Much more then most animals. they are almost built to Kill Larger targets that come too closes. However they seem weaker to smaller targets, thats what the hide is for.

Size in game (2.5x bigger then Sarco)

Movement:

• When in the Water they swim Like a Magmasaur
  • On Land they move like a Croc but when they Run they gain A VERY good speed buff but they have Trash stamina when running on land (like gigas)
  • Able to Turn Very fast (like Sarco)
  • Still goes through stamina when in water unlike most crocs
  • Will gain speed when swimming on the surface (Like a Shark)

Ability's:
Passive effects:

• Saddle is 3 seater
  • Can go into Raft mode when swimming
  • Roar gives intimidation effect 
  • Takes 15% less damage due to their hide
  • Gains Hydration buff 
  • Deals 4.5x more damage to "Large targets" (Gigas, Rexs, spinos, wyverns, Mosas, Yutys, etc)
  • Deals 3.5x more damage when targets are in jaws and goes through 30% of armor. able to grab things like (Manes, Wolfs, Raptors, etc)
  • can go through 35% of armor When biting (deals 60% to Large targets, or with Power bite)
  • Able to turn fast like Sarco. 
  • Can hold tail Attack to charge up the Knockback and damage.
  • Net guns will not stun them but disables there bite attacks

Attacks

• Bite: Deals heavy damage.  (4.5x more to large tames (Golems, Gigas, wyverns, Drakes, reapers, allos, Rexs, spinos, Manas) the only expiation is Mosas and most sea dinos
  • Heavy bite: Like with a shadowmane when you attack a Target enough you can do a Power bite by holding Bite button. (Gives gash and goes through 60% of Armor)
  • Tail Slap: Able to Smack targets around and can throw people off mounts (if they are low enough). but cripples Larger targets, can charge up tail attack for more damage and Knockback
  • Tail Wave Slap: when floating about in the water able to thrash your tail to throw a Wave of water, Knocks targets back and can stun them
  • Grapple: Able to grab mid to small targets and able to thrash them around or even throw them. (goes through 50% of armor But able to get out by attacking it, when do you so it stuns the croc), Able to grapple to Large targets and it Locks you and the target like a Stego tail (Grains HP, Stamina and will last so long as you got stamina, does more damage depending on Max HP). Has a Stun Lock for 60 secs
  • Roar: Gives intimdation effect

Weakness: (Due to how strong it sounds it should have some weakneeses)

• Net guns: disables bite attack but they can still slap you with tail
  • Spino: they deal 2.5x more damage to them
  • Apex Water tames deal and take 2.5x less/more damage (Mosas, squids, Pelsios)
  • Torpor: they are weak to Torpor and gain it faster
  • Able to be dismounted easily via microraptors
  • Smaller targets (they don't take 4.5x more damage so Diens and Wolfs can do some work, But shadowmanes don't get this buff)

How to tame:

• You must Hit them with a Stun base attack (Chain bolas, Z Fruits, beartraps, etc). Once they are Stunned you Must Ride them like a Equus Or void. when they start thrashing around you must press a button to feed them (Meats or Extraordary kibble). if you succeed you gain taming effectiveness. If not... you will be thrown off and you will go flying.... Overall not fun!. HAVE FUN!

Pics:
(Make this 2.5x bigger)
Purussaurus - Facts and Pictures

Ark "Additional Creature's" Mod
   image.jpeg.3f70a9f13aaca10f221e215c38f1db22.jpeg

my poor Photoshop work of it
415526089_NewProject.thumb.jpg.2c43fd759ee7571d3ad89de2378402ed.jpg

Edited by Udam

10 replies to this server topic

heres my suggestion

The Purussaurus is a extinct relative of the Caiman. 
(Inspiration, Ark Additions, Sarco, Me living in a Place full of Gators)  

In the wild:

they live in Large bodies of water/Rivers. Areas like the Ocean, Lakes, Frozon rivers, and they Make the Large dinos fear getting a drink!, Due to their Oily skin they can live in Cold Areas and hunt like if its a Hot Swamp. they have extremely Strong jaws and a Tail that makes a Brontos looks weak. they have Sharp spikes like plates and Extremely Strong skin. Even tho they are very large, they are rather nimble on land able to "Galop" to targets like a Cuban Croc!

Size in game (2.5x bigger then Sarco)

Movement:

• When in the Water they swim Like a Magmasaur
  • On Land they move like a Croc but when they Run they gain A VERY good speed buff but they have Trash stamina when running on land (like gigas)
  • Able to Turn Very fast (like Sarco)
  • Still goes through stamina when in water

Ability's:
Passive effects:

• Saddle is 3 seater
  • Can go into Raft mode when swimming
  • Roar gives intimidation effect 
  • Takes 15% less damage due to their hide
  • Gains Hydration buff 
  • Deals 4.5x more damage to "Large targets" (Gigas, Rexs, spinos, wyverns, Mosas, Yutys, etc)
  • Deals 3.5x more damage when targets are in jaws and goes through 30% of armor. able to grab things like (Manes, Wolfs, Raptors, etc)
  • can go through 35% of armor When biting (deals 60% to Large targets, or with Power bite)
  • Able to turn fast like Sarco. 
  • Net guns will not stun them but disables there bite attacks

Attacks

• Bite: Deals heavy damage. 
  • Heavy bite: Like with a shadowmane when you attack a Target enough you can do a Power bite by holding Bite button. (Gives gash and goes through 60%)
  • Tail Slap: Able to Smack targets around and can throw people off mounts (if they are low enough). but cripples Larger targets
  • Tail Wave Slap: when floating about in the water able to thrash your tail to throw a Wave of water, Knocks targets back and can stun them
  • Grapple: Able to grab mid to small targets and able to thrash them around or even throw them. (goes through 50% of armor But able to get out by attacking it, when do you so it stuns the croc), Able to grapple to Large targets and it Locks you and the target like a Stego tail (Grains HP, Stamina and will last so long as you got stamina, does more damage depending on Max HP). Has a Stun Lock for 60 secs
  • Roar: Gives intimdation effect

• Plesiosaur: Deals 3.5x more damage
  • Torpor: they are weak to Torpor

How to tame:

• You must Hit them with a Stun base attack (Chain bolas, Z Fruits, beartraps, etc). Once they are Stunned you Must Ride them like a Equus Or void. when they start thrashing around you must press a button to feed them (Meats or Extraordary kibble). if you succeed you gain taming effectiveness. If not... you will be thrown off and you will go flying.... Overall not fun!. HAVE FUN!

Background Information: Purussaurus was a gigantic species of caiman that lived in Miocene South America from 16 to 5 million years ago. It grew to approximately 36 feet in length and weighed 5 and a half tons.

Dossier: 

Wild: Purussaurus is quite possibly the largest terrestrial predator on the Ark that I have seen, quite possibly larger than the Giganotosaurus. Its size is unnatural for the animal, being triple it’s fossil size due to the Ark’s hostile environment. Its jaws are large enough to crush any of the small rafts I have seen other survivors make in order to traverse the dangerous rivers and swamps. 
While not the most colorful or threatening looking animal on the Ark, it is quite close to one of the most dominant. It often lies in wait for animals to get near the shore, then lunges out of the water, grabs them in their jaws, and pulls its meal. They are highly territorial, and even the Spinosaurus will avoid their sections of the river. I have also seen many animals with teeth embedded into their bodies, and these animals I have seen are often lagging behind their herds and seem more frail than normal, so I suspect the teeth of the Purussaurus carry some kind of infection, which could cause sepsis.

Unlike its counterparts, the Sarcosuchus and Kaprosuchus, the Purussaurus will not generally attack smaller dinos unless provoked, and generally only goes after large herbivores and even some of the apex carnivores. Strangely enough, on one of my expeditions into the deeper waters, I saw a Purussaurus there, hunting some of the Anglers, and eventually entering a duel with a Mosasaurus! It attacked and managed to wrap its jaws around the Mosasaurus, and violently shake it until it died, similar to the other grabs of the crocodilians of Ark.

Domesticated:

I have seen very few tribes ever even attempt to tame this incredible beast, as many a tribe has been entirely wiped out by a single rampaging Purussaurus, as they foolishly attempted to use traditional methods such as tranquilizers. Finally, though, I watched a tribe use a very unorthodox method of knocking out animals; using assault rifles. While the smaller bullets appeared to not fully penetrate its hide, the bullets embedded themselves into its skin, which caused a small amount of blood loss with each shot, eventually causing the Purussaurus to tire out and fall asleep. This same tribe saw the destructive power of the Purussaurus, and decided to increase it tenfold, by designing a special saddle. This tribe designed a saddle that reminded me of a tank; a heavy metal skeleton with a gigantic cannon on the front. The tribe loaded this saddle with rockets, and wreaked havoc all across the island, destroying even the most fortified of bases and strongest of creatures with the gigantic explosions this saddle created. This same tribe figured out how to make the cannon work underwater, and then loading it with underwater homing mines. The Purussaurus also is an amazing meat gatherer, easily being able to feed a tribe. It can also jump out of the water, being able to snap at flying animals and drag even large dinos into the water. No dinosaur is safe from a tribe with a Purussaurus. However, this saddle will wear down over time due to cannon shots, slowly exhausting the structure. And the Purussaurus is quite slow, even in the water. And this tribe had to reload rockets manually, due to the size of the ammunition, and that it would weigh down the Purussaurus by a lot. 

Basically, the ultimate siege Dino that could take down a Giga with the right strategy, but an armor shredder or swarm of dinos can take down the croc, even with its tail wip and crushing bite.

0E7F927B-9190-4448-B538-4B2C07C36C86.jpeg

Edited by KaproSupremacist
  • Like 1

The Purussaurus was the largest of the prehistoric Crocs

Appearance-

as much as I like the sarcosucus once you get past a carno or a strong trike they become kind of fodder, this is where I feel the  Purussaurus could fit into the game a late game alternative to the spino but instead like the spino being speedy and ok in the swimmer the Purussaurus would be a tank and about the speed of a Trike or sarco on land but being about the height of a turtle and the length of a spino or Rex it

STATS-

would do serious damage and in the water it would be very fast around the speed of a spino or sarco swimming. They would have more health or close to a Rex and the same damage as one. They would be able to pick up creatures up to the size of a trike. Also I think they would have a lunge ability where they would gain speed when they were leaving the water or touch it like the spino. I believe this would be a great creature for ark and would definitely become one of the top creatures in ark. 

overall I believe a new croc that would cover late game and be able to contend with rexes or even be stronger would fill the tanky creature void that sits in the semi aquatic play style. 

possible ability’s - 

maybe in the water if it’s holding a prey I can death roll for serious bleed damage. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purussaurus 

This would be very similar to the Deinosucus in Ark additions except more broad and slightly taller. 

image.jpeg.4595be31c743412b3ad4d890acf541ac.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Bartyplaysonline
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 7:29 PM, Udam said:

• Plesiosaur: Deals 3.5x more damage
  • Torpor: they are weak to Torpor

As long as it is a bit weaker than a giga it does not need large weakness also in my opinion it would fill the role of the semi aquatic giga but slightly less strong closer to a Rex and definitely above a spino so I don’t think it needs nerfs like certain creatures do more damage to it it’s meant to be a slow apex predator tank on land and in water the top of its class the net guns are alright but you gave it some mag or nerfs let it be a beast that’s what a Croc that’s longer than a school bus is its a beast and we don’t need to nerf that it’s a mix a sarco and giga basically so no nerf needed other than land speed and net gun also the torpor does not make much sense if you can easily nock them out then they would not be a apex predator they should be a challenge. And micro raptors idk about I guess they are in different areas but sure that could be ok sense they’re low to the ground 

TLDR - Let them be a beast it’s a Schoolbuss sized Croc

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 11:55 AM, Bartyplaysonline said:

As long as it is a bit weaker than a giga it does not need large weakness also in my opinion it would fill the role of the semi aquatic giga but slightly less strong closer to a Rex and definitely above a spino so I don’t think it needs nerfs like certain creatures do more damage to it it’s meant to be a slow apex predator tank on land and in water the top of its class the net guns are alright but you gave it some mag or nerfs let it be a beast that’s what a Croc that’s longer than a school bus is its a beast and we don’t need to nerf that it’s a mix a sarco and giga basically so no nerf needed other than land speed and net gun also the torpor does not make much sense if you can easily nock them out then they would not be a apex predator they should be a challenge. And micro raptors idk about I guess they are in different areas but sure that could be ok sense they’re low to the ground 

TLDR - Let them be a beast it’s a Schoolbuss sized Croc

it would be Much weaker then a Giga but would deal more damage to larger targets to make up for it, But can be weaker to smaller targets (providing they survive)

i would put the HP About as much as a Megalo, Damage is varied for weaker targets they deal about the same or a bit less then a Meglo but for larger targets IE (gigas, Rexs, spinos, Allos) it would deal alot more.

Ill Update the whole Post 

gonna throw my idea in the mix, got kinda inspired by the andrewsarchus dossier.

so basically we are talking about a giant crocodile, how about making it in to a giant naval cannon with maybe a small platform saddle. it could be a big slow firing cannon with an explosive payload, while in water it could fire like a navy ship cannon and while on land it could act like a giant mortar. as for the abilities of the creature it self i honestly cant think much, but it could also have some sort of a primitive saddle as well, without the cannon and such.

Edited by DadeadMan
  • Like 1