ruler of the sky Rhyniognatha - The Sky Giga / Flying-Water War Mount

Zichfried

Suggestion

Welcome to my post! I hope you enjoy my concept and ideas, based on the oldest insect known, the Rhyniognatha!

It's meant to add an original style of creature by using a type almost fogotten in ARK, the insects! It's also a way to make the sky more dangerous even if you already tamed a flying mount! Also, once tamed, it turns into an end-game mount! I'll elaborate with these images about its design, skills, motorcycle saddle, among other stuff! Please feel free to share your thoughts, or suggest any change or feature in the comments! 

cHFwKqi.png

Even if several features are removed, I'd be happy if it keeps the air-water versatility and the motorcycle saddle. The main purpose of this creature is to make ARK's skies actually dangerous and to make an all-terrain stylish mount!

Also the art took me a lot of time...

jjsvzn8.jpg

Xbku92O.png

cpMwHpU.png

3pnIUD6.png

Wjogcwb.png

15DvBsy.png

uVrw0Hb.png

gdPDmqe.png

yRGizRx.png

2jlERV5.png

W6PwN4I.png

6Enh5MI.png

UwbbOI0.png

NuzwPDF.png

wT01ebh.png

IzQHp9V.png

V2U6RbN.png

yVfbWzW.png

WNybJdn.png

RFitpVQ.png

5tssDEm.png

Edited by Zichfried
Updated data and art.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

61 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, majorarkfan said:

the best out of all of these how is a giant cow wining?

Maybe because the creature that is currently leading the votes was a real one, where this idea is more of a fantasy creature than many of the ideas that got locked for being so.  This idea seems to have only passed the real-creature test because it shares the name of something in the fossil record.  Everything about it is fantasy otherwise.

Given what happened to the last winning dino... if not gun monkey then I wish we had gotten a sword monkey... but instead we got a bigger poo flinger with tek suit disabling(not even all tek.)

Be prepared to see this giant giga killing death machine turn into a tiny shoulder pet that chirps... Maybe it becomes a tamable glowbug...

This creature works heavily on the gimmicks suggested rather than the creature in its own right so be prepared to get something you likely didn't want if this gets in. We are just voting for a model they slap some stuff onto, we aren't voting for the whole thing. If the Dinopithecus we got presented with was next to the Dinopithecus we saw in the polls, everyone would not vote for poo monkey.

So again, be prepared to be disappointed when this flying death trap ends up as a squishy fly.

I didn't even prepare a creature submission this time around because of how the last poll was handled and even then I wouldn't want my entry corrupted. I would rather save up the funds and go to a modder instead.

Edited by Avisrex

Everything great about this creature - I agree one of the most unique creatures that has been posted and it is an amazing concept idea w/ the art as a visual amazing job. The idea of having another powerful flier added to ark would be great with the bonus of it being a pretty good swimmer would be the cherry on top due to our only overpowered fliers being wyverns (Not including tames with op saddles I mean base attacks such as biting or other special abilities.) and I believe this would be a great addition to arks roster of unique creatures.

Everything that might need to be changed about this creature - Here is where I do think wc is going to change/remove a lot of the concept. With visuals alone such as the patterns on its wings & including the luminescent light effect on the lower half of the body I think those will stay, but the abilities along with those parts of the body might be removed/changed just because of its huge list of abilities it already has might make this thing a bit too op. Such abilities included the wings scaring off other water creatures in close proximity which can be useful, but might need a longer cooldown then a few seconds & the added charged light effect of the luminescent portion of the body just for simplicity sake. 

Also as previous people have mentioned with the fact it might mimic as a tuso to prevent being attacked is cool in concept, but in reality tusos are still attacked by other creatures making the bug swim like a tuso kind of pointless especially since mentioned above that it had an alternate form of swimming making it way faster with the end result of it mimicking a tuso kind of useless. 

For the grabbing abilities I love that you can pick up to 2 medium sized creatures and then up to a large creatures there isn't really anything wrong with this, but as a side note to it mainly what wc might do is make it similar to bloodstalkers whenever a player is webbed and being pulled in as a mechanic to break out of the hold. The one thing I might add is for it to engage similar to a tuso based on my knowledge it can put a water creature above the water but it still weirdly counts it being underwater at the same time? Kind of weird but it will prevent the op fact of insta killing water creatures especially in pvp.

Finally the taming is still a bit overkill with the method of either a survivor or a tame have the fertilized effect and they have to be the same lvl or greater to tame the bug you want. This might not fit well with most servers due to the lvl cap set on each server will be different which I think most people might find annoying to tame the higher lvled bugs if it requires a tame or player of equal lvl or higher to tame the desired lvl bug they want. Another note would it might have its hp lowered for the effect of impregnating another creature similar to the reaper queen with it going below 2.5k hp. As a side question would the impregnation work similar to a reaper queen so that after the animation or effect that the bug does and impregnates something does it just die or is it still there is a thought that's been lingering in my head. Another note would be if these things would be breedable or unbreedable and if they are breedable how would that work. (anyone got ideas on that unless it was previously mentioned somewhere)

Final thoughts - I do believe that this creature is amazing definitely still needs work in some areas of concept definitely some more changes with the taming needs to be based off of player or tame lvl of being equal or higher to tame the desired bug you want as well as a concept of what happens after it impregnates and if these things would be breedable. The squid mimicking just does not sound that useful neither does the charge light effect outside of pvp since you probably wont be able to use this where reapers/nameless are. I do think the grabbing mechanic is fine all I did was add a side note of what wc might do with it. Also for the swimming animation it seems so much more useful in the faster movement state you mentioned above in the dossier than it moving like a tuso. The scare feature doesn't seem entirely necessary for the creature because of how op it already sounds. Also love the motorcycle saddle on that thing it looks amazing man and keep up the great work on this creature and I hope to see this thing roaming the skies or swimming below the depths of the ocean!

Edited by Pixel5010
Forgot somethin

A good weapon to counter this creature would be a grenade that, when it is thrown it explodes on contact with the ground or a creature and creates a cloud of oil, then a secondary explosion goes off lighting the cloud on fire. Any creature or player cat in the initial oil cloud will get a debuff call black lung witch lasts around 2-3  minutes disabling them to regen oxygen and causing them to lose oxygen when regaining stamina, this will also affect tribe mates. if you are caught in the fire, you will get an even worse debuf were your lungs are on fire. this will last for around 10 seconds once you get out of the fire. The only way to counter these effects is by wearing a gas mask or a normal tek helmet. If you are wearing a full tek suite it will protect you from the fire as well. It will be a fairly early game item, craftable in the smithy at level  30 and will be crafted with oil gunpowder spark powder and hyde. It is just a thought but It could be useful and might be helpful for taming a phoenix.

I'm not 100% on board with the critter's aesthetic, and I don't feel the need to comment much on the abilities since that'll be up to WC anyway, but I have to say I'm loving the mental image of a giant, dragonfly-like VTOL heavy transport; wings kicking up an ornithopter style cloud of dust when its lifting off/near the ground. The proposal definitely sounds more end-game oriented, but it might be nice retooled as an earlier/mid-game tame that can be used to quickly and safely remove heavy predators like Rex or Giga that wander too close to a base that isn't equipped to fight them off. Definitely gets a vote from me; WC could make something really interesting around this, or the similar Meganeuropsis.

Edited by daftPirate
  • Like 1

The current submission still seems a bit overpowered. It is a beast in both air and water, can carry things larger than the quetzal and wyvern can carry, while also being able to carry big swimmers. It's only counter mentioned is fire, with the Fire Wyvern and Magmasaurs as specific examples named, and I guess the Phoenix and Ember Crystal Wyvern too, but: that means that in PVE, you can easily just avoid the areas those are in, and underwater those creatures don't exactly work well.

The design is amazing, but with the submission as is, it needs to be nerfed down. It tries too much to outclass everything in multiple fields.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:10 AM, Zichfried said:

Welcome to my post! I hope you enjoy my concept and ideas, based on the oldest insect known, the Rhyniognatha!

It's meant to add an original style of creature by using a type almost fogotten in ARK, the insects! It's also a way to make the sky more dangerous even if you already tamed a flying mount! Also, once tamed, it turns into an end-game mount! I'll elaborate with these images about its design, skills, motorcycle saddle, among other stuff! Please feel free to share your thoughts, or suggest any change or feature in the comments! 

cHFwKqi.png

Even if several features are removed, I'd be happy if it keeps the air-water versatility and the motorcycle saddle. The main purpose of this creature is to make ARK's skies actually dangerous and to make an all-terrain stylish mount!

jjsvzn8.jpg

Xbku92O.png

cpMwHpU.png

3pnIUD6.png

Wjogcwb.png

15DvBsy.png

uVrw0Hb.png

gdPDmqe.png

yRGizRx.png

2jlERV5.png

W6PwN4I.png

6Enh5MI.png

UwbbOI0.png

NuzwPDF.png

wT01ebh.png

IzQHp9V.png

V2U6RbN.png

yVfbWzW.png

WNybJdn.png

RFitpVQ.png

5tssDEm.png

The comments here have some serious “GuN mOnKe” energy.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:10 AM, Zichfried said:

cHFwKqi.png

jjsvzn8.jpg

Xbku92O.png

cpMwHpU.png

3pnIUD6.png

Wjogcwb.png

15DvBsy.png

uVrw0Hb.png

gdPDmqe.png

yRGizRx.png

2jlERV5.png

W6PwN4I.png