Suggestion

......................................................................................

Quick start

Omnivorous dinosaur right between Rex and theri basically a duck headed thick theri with stationary attacks and one item focused gathering

.......................................................................................

{appearance}

In appearance Deinocheirus is similar to a therizinosaurus but it is much larger with its vertebra almost forming a spine on its back and  with a weight measuring up to 6.4 metric tons. It has violent coloured skin with blue patches on its head but most of its body is covered in feathers with darker colours on its back and tail but brighter colours in its stomach. it has really long and strong arms with a nice set of claws which compensates its weak ducklike beak. it'll have longer feathers at its tail and arms almost wing like 

{saddle}

I imagine it to have a saddle with some blades attached to its claws just to give it even a more horrific look. 

{Wild}

It is an omnivorous creature but not the one to mess around with. Naturally they wander around grazing the vegetation but they are willing to accept an easy meal when it walks up to them. So keep your distance. They are not going to attack any big bodyed creatures naturally but they are willing to protect themselves and the other Deinocheiruses. (much  like trikes and stegos do)

{domesticated} 

This dino will fit well in your collection. It being an omnivore means it can eat both meat and berries, vegetables and also can take veggie cakes. It can sprint pretty fast but burns  trough stamina pretty fast. It has an attack while sprinting similar to the deinonychus where it moves its hands in a griping pulling way. that attack would be slow and it has a 1/4 chance to apply a reaper spit like effect (except it'll be red) called "Painful scars" it'll slow down the effected enemy and thats where its standing attack comes in when it starts to jump left and right while swiping with its hands. this attack will keep applying the effect and builds up a rage meter that speeds up its attackspeed like tek claws and also burns through stamina so it cant just stun and run after you that easily.On the omnivore side the regular harvester attack where it leans close to the ground and moves its beak fast searching for food like modern ducks do. While doing this attack it searches for the specific item type you have set it to and only harvest that. This can make farming tintoberryes for medbrews easyer for example.

{Taming}

It'll be a passive tame, but not the kind of one that you would think much like an aggressive passive tame. Where u have to damage its limbs to get it on the floor and feed it with  prime fish meet being its favourite, And wait until its recovering.

{Note}

I didn't wanted to go too crazy with this idea but i'm interested to see what do you think about my suggestion, sorry if i annoyed you with all of this like this like that but its much easier for me to explain what i think it will be. If u want to see my suggestion in game please vote for it to change the game together.

Screenshot_2021-11-08-19-34-45-045_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Edited by Lazury
  • Like 1

25 replies to this server topic

Deinocheirus

Time:Late Cretaceous

Diet: omnivore

Temperament: docile...?

The deinocheirus is the largest omnivore that I have ever seen.They are slightly larger than a rex and much bulkier. They have two extremely dangerous weapons: first they have their sharp boney beek that can rip through flesh and bone; the second is its massive bulky arms tipped with razor sharp claws. They will eat anything from berrys to fish, they especially love prime fish meat. A Dinosaur A Day — Deinocheirus mirificusThey can run relatively fast for their size and can run faster than rexes. They have feathers on their arms and tail. the males’s feathers are much more colorful than the females, males are also much bigger than the females. The biggest difference between the one on the ark and the one from the fossil record is that the one here on the ark is much bigger and bulkier. They are not particularly aggressive unless a predator the size of a rex or bigger is neer any dino smaller than a rex is scared of this guy. After you tame this guy you can equip a fabricatore saddle that can hold 4 people.The Isle - Deinocheirus als spielbarer Dinosaurier angekündigt -  Survival-Sandbox.de

I would also totally love to see this in Ark. I also had the idea about a Tek Saddle which has like Tek Claws. You need to activate them with Ctrl and he gets boosted damage. 
Totally love ur concept!

I've also wrote a concept may you like it :)

Name: Deinocheirus

General: This dinosaur looks pretty much like the Therizinosaur but is a bigger(As big as a Rex).He eats fish and berrys and because of this he can farm prime fish very well. He also is feathered.

Wild:
- It lives alone or in groups of two
- It lives/spawns near rivers and small lakes 
- He is agressiv towards Ichtyornis and Hesperonis if they steal his fish, but normally he is neutral
-> He sometimes kills fish to eat them(He is agressive towards fish)
- He only draws agro by allos and bigger dinos

Tamed:
- It Is great for farming fish meat and prime fish because he can farm prime fish from every fish(Coel, Salmon, Pirahna)
- Although he hunts fish he is a bad swimmer
- If he walks through he gets the hydrated buff like Spino and Shadowmane
- His saddle is crafted in the workbench and is a two seat saddle
- He also has a Tek saddle with 2 seats. It has the ability , if you press Ctrl, to create tek claw like laser around and his claws, boosting his damage
- He is a very good fighter

How to Tame:
You need to kill a fish, drag it and feed it to the Deinocheirus. While he is eating he's distracted and you can feed him narcotics (from you last hotbar slot (20 per feed)). You have to repeat this like five times until he's knocked out.

Taming Food Table:
(From best to worst)
-Exceptional Kibble
-Raw Prime Fish
-Raw Fish Meat
-Mejoberries
-Berries
-Cooked Prime Fish
-Cooked Fish Meat

Attacks:
- Left click: Claw Attack(Like Theri)
- Right click: Bite
- C : A roar that scares small things up to the size of a Parasaur

Edited by HerzogVonSpeziland

I also had some Ideas for a deinocheirus. I'd give it the ability to carry not only one creature in its horrible hands, but add straps to the side of the saddle so it can carry several, combined with a good movement speed to break the Argy meta for transporting critters. Possibly even Water creatures, though I'm not sure if that is possible for technical reasons.

Also,  while on the topic of picking stuff up, carrying containers like the exo-mek would be a perfect extension of this. Especially since that's such a useful ability it seems harsh to lock it behind completing a specific map.

Deinocheirus was a large omnivorous theropod with large claws and covered in feathers. it lived in swampy enviroments and fed upon plant life, algae and fish. it had a huge beak and a cammel like hump on it's back. It's large claws were used for defensive purposes and picking up large quantities of underwater moss,grass and algae. 

In game:

Wild:

Wild Deinocheirus are often found around swamps and rivers peacefully grazing or hunting fish, but do not let it's peacefull behaviour fool you. when attacked the deinocheirus will not hesitate to use it's large claws and bodymass to make quick work of the agresor. It's brute strenght is comparable to that of a therizinosaurus, so most wild creatures, especially fish are not agresive towards it but there are still a few that are often seen to pick a fight with this beast. For example, sarcosuchus seem to have some sort of rivalry with deinocheirus.

Taming:

To tame a deinocheirus, you need to come up to it when it is swalowing a fish and feed it honey.

Domesticated:

Once tamed, deinocheirus make a great semi aquatic mount and beast of burden. The fish in it's inventory last longer. It can gather fish meat, prime fish meat and berries very effectively and can swim at great speeds, compared to its body mass. If it is not moving in the water it will start to regenerate stamina. It can also store a small dinosaur in its mouth and carry it around.

Abilities:

Passive: 

- It has a lot of HP and weight 

- Fish in its inventory last longer

- When floating in water it will regen stamina

- Has the hydrated buff like a spino

Active:

- Left click: Bite Deals a small amount of damage to the enemy, but it is very eficient at gathering berries, fish meat, prime fish meat and hide

- Right click: Claw swipe deals a solid amount of damage and gathers thatch and wood

- X: Ram will push away most creatures in game and stun them for five seconds.

- C Pickup will pick up any small creature with it's beak

Taming:

When the Deinocheirus successfully catches a fish, it will play an animation, during which you can feed it. once fed it will avoid deep water to make taming it a bit easier and for the survivor not to get eaten by piranhas immediately. (It will stil be around the water in the shalows, but it will not swim of)

Deinocheirus.jpg.a572cd6c8578ae48d7b29c7ea29b300a.jpg1085933297_Deinocheirusarms.jpg.15b93991d73bc4b282b38cec3d6d9a2c.jpgDeinocheirus_scale.png.98c1ff41a7bbe32ff88cf60c5c6e26d3.png

Edited by weiterluky

Name: Deinocheirus

General: This dinosaur looks pretty much like the Therizinosaur but is a bigger(As big as a Rex).He eats fish and berrys and because of this he can farm prime fish very well. He also is feathered.

Wild:
- It lives alone or in groups of two
- It lives/spawns near rivers and small lakes 
- He is agressiv towards Ichtyornis and Hesperonis if they steal his fish, but normally he is neutral
-> He sometimes kills fish to eat them(He is agressive towards fish)
- He only draws agro by allos and bigger dinos

Tamed:
- It Is great for farming fish meat and prime fish because he can farm prime fish from every fish(Coel, Salmon, Pirahna)
- Although he hunts fish he is a bad swimmer
- If he walks through he gets the hydrated buff like Spino and Shadowmane
- His saddle is crafted in the workbench and is a two seat saddle
- He also has a Tek saddle with 2 seats. It has the ability , if you press Ctrl, to create tek claw like laser around and his claws, boosting his damage
- He is a very good fighter

How to Tame:
You need to kill a fish, drag it and feed it to the Deinocheirus. While he is eating he's distracted and you can feed him narcotics (from you last hotbar slot (20 per feed)). You have to repeat this like five times until he's knocked out.

Taming Food Table:
(From best to worst)
-Exceptional Kibble
-Raw Prime Fish
-Raw Fish Meat
-Mejoberries
-Berries
-Cooked Prime Fish
-Cooked Fish Meat

Attacks:
- Left click: Claw Attack(Like Theri)
- Right click: Bite
- C : A roar that scares small things up to the size of a Parasaur

Hope you like this and sorry for my bad English I am not a native speaker!

Edited by HerzogVonSpeziland

Deinocheirus

The deinocheirus is the largest omnivore that I have ever seen.They are slightly larger than a rex and much bulkier. They have two extremely dangerous weapons: first they have their sharp boney beek that can rip through flesh and bone; the second is its massive bulky arms tipped with razor sharp claws. They will eat anything from berrys to fish, they especially love prime fish meat. A Dinosaur A Day — Deinocheirus mirificusThey can run relatively fast for their size and can run faster than rexes. They have feathers on their arms and tail. the males’s feathers are much more colorful than the females, males are also much bigger than the females. The biggest difference between the one on the ark and the one from the fossil record is that the one here on the ark is much bigger and bulkier. They are not particularly aggressive unless a predator the size of a rex or bigger is neer any dino smaller than a rex is scared of this guy. After you tame this guy you can equip a fabricatore saddle that can hold 4 people.The Isle - Deinocheirus als spielbarer Dinosaurier angekündigt -  Survival-Sandbox.de

Deinocheirus

The deinocheirus is the largest omnivore that I have ever seen.They are slightly larger than a rex and much bulkier. They have two extremely dangerous weapons: first they have their sharp boney beek that can rip through flesh and bone; the second is its massive bulky arms tipped with razor sharp claws. They will eat anything from berrys to fish, they especially love prime fish meat. 

They can run relatively fast for their size and can run faster than rexes. They have feathers on their arms and tail. the males’s feathers are much more colorful than the females, males are also much bigger than the females. The biggest difference between the one on the ark and the one from the fossil record is that the one here on the ark is much bigger and bulkier. They are not particularly aggressive unless a predator the size of a rex or bigger is neer any dino smaller than a rex is scared of this guy. After you tame this guy you can equip a fabricatore saddle that can hold 4 people.Dino Park Simulator Prehistoric Kingdom Enters Shut Beta In December -  Cover24 Media Hub

Beta Announcement — Prehistoric Kingdom

Dossier:

Wild

Deinocheirus Mirificus is a genus of large ornithomimosaur with sharp claws and feathers. It can be distinguished by the large feathered crest on it's head which is used for intimidation. It seems to be an egg eater with a sharp beak for cracking shells. It also has been revealed to have the ability to glide through the air using it's tail and head feathers to steer.

Tamed

Deinocheirus retains it's gliding capabilities even when equipped with a saddle. It also uses it's beak to snatch up eggs, a trait which appears to have originated from carrying it's own eggs to safe places. These skills, combined with it's large size and killer claws, means that the Deinocheirus would be an excellent wyvern egg stealer. And it can be taught to use it's claws to climb!

images (2).jpeg

This is very last minute and is being written at 1am however here’s a quick summary of abilities.

Almost the same size as a spino, the feathery theropod also has a similar diet. Being found near water or swamps it has powerful arms equipped with deadly claws for fending off predators and gathering food. Can be especially strong in groups. Similar to allos, Deinocheirus would spawn in groups of 3 with an alpha being the leader. 

Abilities

1. Has an increased amount of harvesting meat or berries. The Deinocheirus can be selective of what it wants, when it wants. Using its powerful forearms it can either harvest large amounts of meat and hide or quantities of berries, with these harvesting values able to be leveled like moschops.

2. Deinocheirus are especially great Dino mother’s. Deinocheirus can incubate up to 10 eggs with great insulation and cooling similar to an Incubator from genesis. 

3. Pack boost. When gathered in groups of 3 a pack boost will be applied, after every continuous interval of 3 the boost will grow. At 12 Deinocheirus the lax boost will be applied of +50% health and damage.

Btw, the dossier is purely visual which I found off google. 

Great idea, I was going to submit this myself. Shame there's not much more time as I think this deserved a chance.

I had a few ideas like it getting rage mode around leeches, taming with leech blood or sap. After tame can eat fish.  Babies eat sap until adult.

Erratic temperament in wild.

Saddle requirements hide, rare mushroom and silk.

Good luck!

Here are some links to websites that show this dinosaur. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinocheirus

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/dino-directory/deinocheirus.html

deinocheirus 1.jpg

Edited by ReaperSlayer