VoldtheMantis

Suggestion

Idk about y'all but I think an icy elasmotherium for Fjordur would be pretty sick, maybe it builds up frost damage as it attacks or something, maybe its horn is coated in ice, or heck, maybe it could spray icy mist from its nostrils, idk tbh I just like the idea. Who knows maybe the ice wouldn't even be a thing. It could have its horn cut like ovis wool periodically, or just have it also be available to shear, or it could do some weird new debuff or something like a warcry. I just think Elasmotherium is cool

OIP (95).jpeg

R (43).jpeg

• Like 1

6 replies to this server topic

I hate to break it to you but Elasmotherium likely did not have the giant horn, it may not have even had a horn at all. Based on a very very recent paper published it had a fairly hollow skull connected to the nasal cavity that was likely used for sound resonation like a Parasaurolophus, so the idea of this creature being a bigger rhino is somewhat out of the question. 

However the idea of it spraying an icy mist from it’s nostrils and or creating a powerful roar could definitely work for it, it could still have some really unique and cool ideas despite it not having it’s giant horn. It could possibly even produce mini hurricanes with a roar that send dinos flying or possibly even stunning them in the process.

https://twitter.com/centralcenozoic/status/1461886873283047427?s=21

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 11:13 PM, VoldtheMantis said:

Idk about y'all but I think an icy elasmotherium for Fjordur would be pretty sick, maybe it builds up frost damage as it attacks or something, maybe its horn is coated in ice, or heck, maybe it could spray icy mist from its nostrils, idk tbh I just like the idea. Who knows maybe the ice wouldn't even be a thing. It could have its horn cut like ovis wool periodically, or just have it also be available to shear, or it could do some weird new debuff or something like a warcry. I just think Elasmotherium is cool

OIP (95).jpeg

R (43).jpeg

I would say that this creature🦏 has two potentials to make the most of, its huge horn and its mammoth body mass, in ark there are some breaching rams (triceratops, pachycephalous and its smaller cousin the woolly rhinoceros), but of these dimensions, so I say that it must be the arch enemy of the enemy bases, assi that it embodies the concept of Viking warfare. The battle roar is fine but he should also be able to destroy the iron, the stone and why not ... even the teak walls (even if in that case it only seriously ruins them if you don't know what drama 🤣) all perhaps with a very cool impact animation, as you can see in a drawing dedicated to the dino dossier of the woolly rhinoceros.

Finally, maybe an armored armor to resist the shots of firearms and missiles, complete with a banner to be inserted to show their power No? !!.
Having said that there will certainly be what it says "but it is only for PVP, for PVE what it offers ..", well if a rhino manages to kill a rex with a single shot, imagine what happens to the wild alpha and jig or less.
For an ecosystem concept he would be together with his smaller cousins, to whom he gives a hand in case of danger.
And he can collect rock and wood.PALEOARTE E RICOSTRUZIONI ANIMALI ESTINTI – ILLUSTRAZIONI ANIMALI, NATURA E  WILDLIFE ART – Simone Zoccante