Wrexboiiiiigang1337

Suggestion

The carcharodontosaurus is one of the few popular large theropods still not added to the game. Being similar in size to a t-rex or a giganotosaurus in the real world at around 12-14 meters this guy would be a great addition to the game. There is a lot of potential when it comes implementing this dinosaur, my favorite idea is to turn him into a less tanky but more agile rex but feel free to come up with you own ideas in this thread.

I see way to many complaints about this dinosaur being a giga reskin (largely because it looks similar) but it all depends on how wildcard implement it. If they give it a lot of different abilities (which they likely will) this guy will both be unique and viable in the meta.

carcharodonto.jpgcarchar'.jpg

Edited by Wrexboiiiiigang1337
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 2

116 replies to this server topic

I vote this up, but like the first creature vote I would get more into detail with the Carcharodontosaurus to make him more outstanding.

Attacks:

First attack normal heavy bite

Second attack similar giga gnash attack (cool down of cause)

Third attack footstomp or headbump attack which can destroy instanly thatch, wood nearly, gread damage to stone and even metal 

typical roar

Wild behavior:

different then the giga, Carcharodontosaurus walks around the hole(!) map and is not an biome only spawn, only deep water or canyons can are natural barriers. Sauropods in the area boost his attack and a small amout of speed and he is highly attracted by corpes. If the gets near a giga a rival modus makes him immune to giga bleeding.

Taming methode:

To keep all in balance you need first a tamed giga. if you encounter a carcharodontosaurus you have to do a giga roar to start a roar battle. This is similar to the strayder taming with the bar. You have to click the roar button at the right moment to inflict torpor. The Carcharodontosaurus will roar back and if you inflict after some time (depents on the levels) he knocks out. 

greetings

Seb

Maybe this is a stupid idea, but i personally think its pretty cool so i will just throw it in here in case the carcharodontosaurus wins.

As it is some sort of smaller giga and more agile i thought it could utilize some kind of rage bar like the giga has. A "Bloodthirst", "Bloodlust" or "Chain-Takedown" effect. (It shouldnt rage like a giga tho, just a bar to show how much of the effect is currently active/how much extra damage you get, kinda like the rhino charge bar)

This means the more attacks it hits or the more kills it gets, the more its bar rises and the more damage it does. So it sort of goes into a frenzy and attacks faster/stronger or instead of getting stronger or faster it is able to apply a bleeding effect or applies a stack of fear, which, if fully stacked can fear a dino. So another fear mechanic for example

As a balance-effect, it would be cool if it got harder to control and did actions by its own (roaring so you cant attack anymore and the bar goes down for a few seconds, etc.) or the screen gets all red (red for the motive of bloodlust) and blurry like the beer effect so it makes it harder to see enemies and kill/chase them and thus keep up the effect. 

This could be modified to increase the effect by a larger amount, the bigger the creature you kill/attack is and so on.

Or a in any way modified version of this effect and the requirements for it to activate

Just thought it would be cool to have another effect that activates under certain conditions and makes you feel badass lol.

If people want different mechanics on the animal let's think of some that aren't well utilized right now. 

For instance, how about the carcharodontosaurus have a poisonous bite rather than a bleed that can paralyze or large animals. 

Have it hunt large theropods and actively ignore sauropods, herbavours, and mammals as whole. This would make it unique and make a good animal to get rid of low level theropods on the map that often survive due to nothing hunting them outside of the player character. 

Give it a buff even when after its eaten like the Argie, but have it activate off if a theropod kill rather than a corpse eaten. This could also be where it gets the poison bite from. 

I'm just spit balling here but if we want unique we have to think outside of the box and stop thinking about how it will be same as other theropods and start thinking how it can be different and fun. 

The way i see it making it some speedy crappy rex would not make sense saying as how this thing was the second heaviest or the heaviest terrestial carnivore if you count out spino since it lives in rivers however som1 else did post a suggestion that was pretty good above i would like to build on that 1 5.3khp is a bit weak so i think it should be much higher at around 12k so its not ridiculous in its hp but its not crap 2 i think this creature should do around rex damage aka 300 damage points is 300 damage ingame as 100 is too weak to scale and 400 and 500 would be way to ridiculous that way you can scale the damage up pretty good also this one i think is a must it should be able to grab trop wyvs and zombie wyverns if not all of them if they get to close and clamp its jaws around them doing that super bite attack the other guy suggested just so yoi dont get raptored over by a wyvern every 5 minutes 

Heres my idea for Carcharodontosaurus, give it a "Giant Chainsaw and Missile Launchers!!!".
1598202544_Carcharodontosaurus2.thumb.jpg.5f5479d701a7c3542f90bd8cc4302857.jpg

Dossier (Wild)
Cacharodontosaurus Sahricus is one of the most unique carnivores I have seen so far. Not only because of its spotted pattern all over its body but also because its one of the most friendly theropods I have ever encountered. It even walks along side with herbivores which most predators would attack. I theorized that the reason why for this strange behavior is because Carchar is not as strong nor as tanky as T-rex. Instead of hunting larger creatures like Brontos or Mammoths, it only goes after small and defenseless creatures like Parasaurs and Dodos. But if a survivor or a rival carnivore attacks a Carchar then of course it will fight back. If attacked by another creature Carcharodontosaurus can return the damage back at the attacker which I like to call the "Reverse Bite".

Dossier (Domesticated)
When tamed, Cacharodontosaurus can be used as a glass cannon. Although it may lack the toughness or the attacking power of T-rex but it makes up for in speed, movability, and weight. Most survivors fit the Carchar with missile launchers on both side of its legs and a giant chainsaw on top of its head. With all of these things on it makes it a good war mount that's ready for battle any day. Both the chainsaw and the missiles do a significant amount of damage to most creatures. Its saddle mite also come in handy for survivors that don't go to war with other tribes as well. The chainsaw can increase the amount of resources by almost triple. It can gather more meat than normal but it can also gather other resources like wood, sulfur, bio toxin, and even element dust. 
402670833_Carcharodontosaurus1.thumb.jpg.90b5f1e45b660af81530137cccaf2b9d.jpg

Wild (In Game)
Finding a Carcharodontosaurus out in the wild is not so hard for 3 reasons. Number 1, because of its large size, its bigger than a Rex but smaller than a Giga. Its about the same size or even slightly smaller than an Alpha Rex. Number 2, it has colorful spots all over its body similar to a Jaguar. Number 3, in the dossier it mentions that it walks along side with herbivores. Much like the Yutyrannus and Basilosaurus, certain creatures will be accompanying the Carchar where ever it goes because they feel more safe and to protect them selfs from the other predators. The herbivores that can spawn and follow the Carchar would be (Kentrosaurus, Chalicotherium, and Therizinosaurus), up to three or five of them will be following the Carchar. 

Taming
The Carcharodontosaurus is a passive tame but you need to be level 85 in order to tame it. Also you need to get rid of or lure the other Dinos away from the Carchar. Once someone is in the process of taming a Carchar you don't need to be worried about accidentally aggro or scaring the Carchar while taming it, you can freely walk beside it until it gets hungry again. Unless of course you accidentally hit it or another creature starts attacking it otherwise you'll have to wait until it calms down. Note that other predators will attack wild Carchar's from large carnivores like Rex's and Spino's to even smaller creatures like Raptor's and Troodon's. 

Abilities

• XP Boost: Because of its passive nature it can give an experience boost to other tamed Dinos (just like a Lystrosaurus). The only differences with the Carchar is that you can actually increase the radius of the xp boost if you  have a Lystrosaurus next to it. The more Lystrisaurus you have the bigger the radius of the xp boost becomes, and easier to give xp boot to all of your tamed Dinos at your base. (The maximum amount is 5 Lystros)

• Bare Back: You can ride the Carchar without a saddle but like the Tropeognathus its true potential is with the saddle. It can still use its xp boost and Reverse bite attack without the saddle. 

• Reverse Bite: When attacked by another Dino Carchar takes 40% of incoming damage and gives back 60% to the attacker. Note this will not work the same with bullets or other range weapons, the ability only works on other Dinos.  

• Weight Reduction: 
    • Raw Meat 75%
    • Raw Fish Meat 75%
    • Bio Toxin 75%
    • AnglerGel 75%
    • Sulfur 75%
    • Wood 50%
    • Fungal Wood 50%
    • Organic Polymer 50%
    • Corrupted Nodule 50%
    • Element Dust 80%

Saddle
The saddle is learned at level 85 and can be crafted in a Fabricator (or in a Tek Replicator). The saddle is crafted with the same Ingredients as the Tropeognathus saddle but with double the amount of resources. But it also requires a chainsaw, a fabricator, and some electronics in order to craft the saddle as well. The reason a fabricator is used in creating the saddle is because the saddle also counts as a mobile fabricator. 

• Chainsaw: The Large chainsaw is placed on top of the Carchar's head. The chainsaw attached to the saddle can harvest the same resources as the normal chainsaw but double the amount. It also dose double the amount of damage compared to the regular chainsaw. It requires gasoline to power the chainsaw.

• Missile Launchers: The saddle comes equipped with missile launchers on both sides of the Carchar's legs. It requires Rocket propelled grenades (and Rocket homing missiles) for ammo. Not only dose it do more damage than the regular Rocket Launcher but it can penetrate through multiple wall structures. For example it can go throw five Thatch walls, four wooden walls, and 3 stone walls (same goes for Adobe). However it cant pierce through Metal or Tek walls but it dose do a decent amount of damage to both. 

Stats

• Health: A Carcharodontosaurus whether its a high or low level will have the same amount of health as a Allosaurus or even lower. For example a 150 Carchar will have around 3000 health. It would be the Kaprosuchus of theropods when it comes to health.

• Stamina: As for Stamina it would have around 1300 similar to a T-rex. 

• Oxygen: The same goes for oxygen the same stat numbers of a T-rex. 

• Food: For food however it would have about 31000 food, the reason why for the high food stat is because unlike most creatures in the game it consumes very lowly.

• Weight: Not that different than a Giga, about 800. But unlike a Giga the Carchar gains a lot more points into weight (if the player chooses to put points into weight). Also unlike the Giga (like mentioned before) the Carchar has weight reduction on certain resources. 

• Melee Damage: In terms of damage it dose the same amount as a Carno. Also the amount of levels put into Melee has a slight effect on the "Reverse Bite" attack which makes the Carchar a bit more POWERFUL!!!

• Movement Speed: Finally, as for movement speed it doesn't gains that much points into speed as the Carchar is already fast. It's faster than a Rex even faster than a Allosaurus or Carno. It may rival the Spino (even with the hydration buff in quadrupedal stance) in terms of speed. 

Weaknesses
Like mentioned before the Carcharodontosaurus doesn't have that much health so don't think this this is the kind of Dino to soak bullets all day. But also the saddle has a durability bar which means you have to repeat it in a fabricator (or Tek Replicator). However there are other ways the saddle can break quickly or be unusable. 

• Amargasaurus: It does 30% damage to the saddle. 

• Arthropluera: It does 50% damage with its acidic spit however if found by the Carchar (or its rider) it can do a significant amount of damage with both the chainsaw and the missiles to the Arthopluera. 

• Electrical Storms: If the Carchar is transported to the Scorched Earth map the saddle will not work during an electrical storm. 

And that's it, those are all of my ideas for the Carcharodontosaurus. Let me know what you guys think and if you like this then you guys are going to love my other ideas for more Dinos they could also add to the game. 

Edited by GaintWalrusOfDeath

Okay this is getting ridiculous, Stop voting for Carchara, we don't need any more big carnivores. Anyone who says otherwise either flies everywhere in game, or is just a small child too young to even be online alone never mind playing ARK at all. It's not even adding any original ideas, people only want it because "Big sharptooth lol!"

Just look at all the other creatures ahead of it, The bison alone is leading with nearly 300 votes! AND it adds something new and original to the game. Then you got the Titanoceratops in second with a lead of over 150 votes, again adding ideas that are new and original! See a pattern here yet? No? Well have a look at our current 3d place lead (as of posting this), The Armadillasuchus with a small but still noticeable lead of over 30 votes... And what's this? It too is is new and original, AND NOT A CARNIVORE! What does Carcara add? Nothing! Nothing that either improves the lives of survivors or would end up replacing another (and debatably BETTER) creature.

And for those of you saying "Oh it can just be on par with the rex/spino", Those two animals are where they are for a damn good reason. Adding yet another big theropod would just throw a wrench in their dynamic and would result in one or the other (or worse both) never being used again. We don't NEED any more big carnivores, period. Full Stop! End of Story. Bye Bye, Cya in ARK 2 where it might not get added either.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Facepalm 1