color mutations during event

RowanCory

2 hours ago, RowanCory said:

I have a few breeding projects going and recently noticed that all the color mutations I'm getting during Fear Evolved 5 are event colors. Is that a thing, or have I just had some strange luck? Not a big deal either way, just curious if anyone knows for sure.

I don't know if all of them being event colors is normal during an event, but I can say for sure that mutations during events always include the event colors.

If one of your projects is raising wyverns, my tribe mates back in the day would've called that a "breeding project". Further we didn't know initially that wild colored wyverns drop eggs who when hatched look like them, so there was a time when I hatched some event wyverns and thought: "huh, babies hatching during the event are sometimes event colored... but not always?"

Nope, not wyverns, just ordinary stuff like baryonyx and therizinosaurs.

I don't have a super high number of creatures, so it's quite possible that it's just luck that the mutations I've gotten have been event colors. 

Just curious if anyone for sure has a mutation for which the mating occurred during the event and the color is not one of the event colors (keeping in mind that some of the event colors are fairly boring ordinary dino colors).

On 11/5/2021 at 9:22 AM, Pipinghot said:

I don't know if all of them being event colors is normal during an event, but I can say for sure that mutations during events always include the event colors.

You are right, they always include the event colors during event, but that is mainly because mutations always include all colors.😅

5 hours ago, Baklap said:

You are right, they always include the event colors during event, but that is mainly because mutations always include all colors.😅

I don't think that's true, do you have a link to support that statement?

As far as I know during non-event times there is a list of colors that are available for mutations, but then during events there are also event-specific colors that temporarily get added to the list. Not trying to have an argument, just want to get written confirmation of the real answer.

Archived