Server Question/Accounts

MadCow

So I want to set up a dedicated LAN server (mainly so I can use multiplayer settings for crops/etc without having to worry about paying for a server) and I have a quick question:

Can I run a dedicated instance of Ark on one machine and a player client on another machine from the same Steam account or will I need to set up a separate steam account with a separate copy of Ark for it?

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

You don't need a steam account to run a server - the Ark server doesn't need any login information.

I guess he want to launch the server shipped with the client (HOST \ LOCAL → RUN DEDICATED SERVER).

4 hours ago, MadCow said:

So I want to set up a dedicated LAN server (mainly so I can use multiplayer settings for crops/etc without having to worry about paying for a server) and I have a quick question:

What settings are you talking about? You should be able to configure them for your SP session by editing the files located into:

../Steam/steamapps/common/ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/*

4 hours ago, MadCow said:

Can I run a dedicated instance of Ark on one machine and a player client on another machine from the same Steam account or will I need to set up a separate steam account with a separate copy of Ark for it?

Assuming Steam is launched in offline mode on the computer you plan to host the server on, yes, it should work.

Archived