I Need More Levels, What Would Be Easiest?

Niightmar3

I am on Gen 2 now and would really like to use things like Tek Bow, Space Dolphin Saddle, etc, but I am at level cap. I would like to add I already have a maxed Chibi, and I have not recovered the notes on really any map, meaning doing so would be somewhat time consuming. That said, which Boss FIght would be the most doable for me to obtain levels? Note that I am on official servers. I will list notable tames, and weapons/armor I have:  I have a few ascendant shotguns over 200 dmg, I have some blue and better flak/riot, maybe an ascendant or two. I have Tek Rexes with 45 pt HP and 47 pt melee (not mutated, not mutagenned), 35 pt hp reaper, 45/47 megatheriums, a decent yuty, and a couple average lightning wyverns. Saddle-wise I have a 70armor bp for rex, maybe 50 armor for everything else.  I have a tribe mate as well that will be with me. Are any of the level-giving bosses doable with two of us with this gear/dinos? If not, what would you suggest going for? Thanks in advance

29 minutes ago, Niightmar3 said:

I guess I should be more clear, I am at 110, max level and can not gain XP, I am looking to acquire the ability to level up further!

If you haven't done so yet, fighting Beta Rockwell on Aberration is pretty easy with cactus broth. You don't even need any creatures, just a good shotgun with a few hundred shells, and your pretty much set.

5 hours ago, Niightmar3 said:

I am on Gen 2 now and would really like to use things like Tek Bow, Space Dolphin Saddle, etc, but I am at level cap. I would like to add I already have a maxed Chibi, and I have not recovered the notes on really any map, meaning doing so would be somewhat time consuming. That said, which Boss FIght would be the most doable for me to obtain levels? Note that I am on official servers. I will list notable tames, and weapons/armor I have:  I have a few ascendant shotguns over 200 dmg, I have some blue and better flak/riot, maybe an ascendant or two. I have Tek Rexes with 45 pt HP and 47 pt melee (not mutated, not mutagenned), 35 pt hp reaper, 45/47 megatheriums, a decent yuty, and a couple average lightning wyverns. Saddle-wise I have a 70armor bp for rex, maybe 50 armor for everything else.  I have a tribe mate as well that will be with me. Are any of the level-giving bosses doable with two of us with this gear/dinos? If not, what would you suggest going for? Thanks in advance

Im thinking you going to be looking at a either the rockwell in aberation, or perhaps the ascention cave on the island.

Shottys and a couple rock drakes, maybe some meglo's to help will take down the rockwell will be the easiest.
Ascension cave will be a bit more tricky. Some people say tek suit and shotties, other will say rex's and theri's. Honestly tho, if you go that route, better start breeding now. Even if you ran around and collected more rex's and theri's with 50 pts in health and melee, you gotta get the imprint to make the difference. 

Beta Rockwell sounds like your best bet.  The artifacts are pretty easy to grab on Crystal Isles, though you will need a water tame and scuba to get two of them; since you are a Gen2 I will assume you have some maewings, they would be adequate to zip in, grab artifacts, and go. The third one you can just fly your wyvern up to and go. Then take your reaper (which I am guessing is your best Ab compatible tame) to Aberration to farm the trophy items.  Then, as other have mentioned, you do the fight on foot with cactus broth & shots. With two people it ends up being a pretty easy fight.

13 minutes ago, Niightmar3 said:

Definitely sounds like Beta Rockwell is the way to go. Just watched a couple vids of the cactus broth method, I will have to give it a try. Thanks everyone for the feedback. 2000 hours into the game and I've never done a boss fight, guess it is time!

Ha Ha - I'm also over 2k hours in game and only done a boss fight like last month: A tip - give it a go in cheat mode on single player 1st - it can be very hectic right up front with no prior experience :) (Never mind uTube - its well different when you are in it!)

Archived