PVE - Is this greifing/reportable?

Charyzard

I play on PVE, our server is its own community. We all work together and help each other and new players. Recently a new member was added to our tribe (I am not the tribe owner so I have no control over this).

This player, not long after being added, proceeded to steal a large portion of the entire tribe’s tames. Not only this, but they went a step further and C4’d all of our bases. Each member of the tribe has their own base and dinos, so this person went to every house and destroyed them (including my own).

I know the GM’s can’t do much for stealing dinos, but there’s 0 reason to destroy anyone’s base on PVE except for laughs. 

is doing this considered a form of greifing and is it at all reportable? I understand the GM’s can’t do anything for stolen dinos and fixing bases but I would at least like to see this person receive some form of punishment. If I wanted my base destroyed, I would be playing PVP

(they are no longer in the tribe, I feel the general consensus of the forums is “it’s your own fault” however I did not add this person to our tribe, never spoke with them, didn’t even know they were added until I heard my base was destroyed by them)

1 hour ago, Charyzard said:

general consensus of the forums is “it’s your own fault” however I did not add this person to our tribe, never spoke with them, didn’t even know they were added

^^^doesn't change anything, griefers still in the clear, so maybe you should start a solo tribe? Btw pretty sure you're exposing yourself to potential punishment playing in a mega with all those random people, if a rule were broken such that your tribe is in trouble. That whole know who's in your tribe rule cuts more than one way. It's a shame because especially in pve this is a very social game, so I get the want to join up with a larger tribe. But I also get the need for the rule because it protects the company from needing to police all kinds of complex intra tribe interactions.

11 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

^^^doesn't change anything, griefers still in the clear, so maybe you should start a solo tribe? Btw pretty sure you're exposing yourself to potential punishment playing in a mega with all those random people, if a rule were broken such that your tribe is in trouble. That whole know who's in your tribe rule cuts more than one way. It's a shame because especially in pve this is a very social game, so I get the want to join up with a larger tribe. But I also get the need for the rule because it protects the company from needing to police all kinds of complex intra tribe interactions.

Our tribe is not a mega, we don’t have that many people. I very rarely ever join tribes when I play but we all look out for each other and take care of each other’s bases, our server is very friendly. 

Sucks that nothing can be done because this at least to me definitely should be punishable. Asking to be added to a tribe only to rob them and destroy their bases when it’s supposed to be “player vs environment” sucks for all those affected. This game encourages people to be social and create and join tribes, I feel there should be more protections in place for those who choose to do this. 

24 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Nope. Jerk move for sure, but not against the rules.

Be careful who is added to your tribe.

I’m not the one that added them nor do I have control over it since I am not a tribe owner, I guess you really can’t trust anyone in this game even on PVE. Sucks because this server I play on is probably the nicest and most generous community of people I’ve ever seen on this game and because of that someone nasty took advantage. 

12 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

They usually do so using explosives to bypass the tribe ranking permissions and steal stuff from the dropped caches.

Yea that’s what it looked like because my cryofridges were gone and the holes in my base looked strategic.

interestingly enough, they are still on our server trying to join other people’s tribes to do the same thing just under a different tribe name now (everyone else already knows of the scam).

on top of that my tribe mate found their base AND the striders that they stole from him just sitting outside. He’s screenshotted as much as possible and is sending a ticket in anyways, I told him I’m not really hopeful anything will come of it but you never know 

21 hours ago, Charyzard said:

I know the GM’s can’t do much for stealing dinos, but there’s 0 reason to destroy anyone’s base on PVE except for laughs.

Yeah, it's all quite stupid. The entire point of PvE is to avoid having to deal with garbage like this, but for some reason WildCard still doesn't get that this kind of insider-griefing should be punished as hard as they can.

Your only alternative is to make sure that you know and trust everyone you play PvE with.

On 11/1/2021 at 12:07 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

Nope. Jerk move for sure, but not against the rules.

Be careful who is added to your tribe.

And that attitude is killing our official PvE server at this very moment. Some trolls knowing how to do jerk moves and threaten people outside the in-game chat getting away with nearly everything, including abusing dummy account off-line protection.
Dino's left at other players bases to block gates and disturb parasaurus used as baby alert, rafts enclosing parts of bases on water, it's PvP without a fair chance to fight back.

"Jerkmoves" of this attitude should be considered griefing and become a reason for ban.
How is it possible to get new players on board if there is no safeguard? Since we know they are all from a PvP tribe with 30+ members every new player is suspicious and the server turned from helpfull and funloving to dead silent.

Tl;dr: Jerkmoves disturbing other people/tribes on PvE = griefing

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, MMaas said:

And that attitude is killing our official PvE server at this very moment. Some trolls knowing how to do jerk moves and threaten people outside the in-game chat getting away with nearly everything, including abusing dummy account off-line protection.
Dino's left at other players bases to block gates and disturb parasaurus used as baby alert, rafts enclosing parts of bases on water, it's PvP without a fair chance to fight back.

"Jerkmoves" of this attitude should be considered griefing and become a reason for ban.
How is it possible to get new players on board if there is no safeguard? Since we know they are all from a PvP tribe with 30+ members every new player is suspicious and the server turned from helpfull and funloving to dead silent.

Tl;dr: Jerkmoves disturbing other people/tribes on PvE = griefing

I don't write the rules. You can drop that in the game suggestions if you like.

Archived