An idea for bringing the max survivor level to a nice round 200

soepie7

Suggestion

So, currently we have a max level of 180: 105 + 5 chibi + 10 explorer notes + 4x15 ascensions.
Now, considering that with Genesis: Part 2 the final story DLC is out, its unlikely that we are going to get more from any new content, so I had an idea to get those final 20 levels without putting it in some of the Free DLCs.

First, the ascension from Extinction is an oddball. It is the only ascension with no bonus levels at all. The King Titan doesn't even have any new Tekgrams, and its only unique drop, the Mega Mek, cannot even be used outside of his own fight. Giving him ascension levels gives us finally a reason to beat him. An additional 15 levels then puts us to 195.

The final 5 levels? Well, we already get +10 levels from getting all explorer notes. How about a +5 levels from having tamed every creature? The creature dossiers already keep track of what you have tamed, so its already data the game keeps track of and thus people won't suddenly have to tame everything again and already have the means to see what creatures they are missing. This gives is then the final 5 levels to have a round max level of 200.

12 replies to this server topic

On 12/12/2021 at 10:15 PM, maxplanck58 said:

I agree with both of these ideas.  It would be a great incentive to work towards one of the biggest end-game boss fights (certainly biggest by scope) and get back to basics with taming.  I always thought it strange that the Ext boss fight didn't come with a max-level boost.  Maybe because it was originally designed to be the last chapter.

I find that a weird reason to not have given the King Titan any ascension levels or other bonuses. Wouldn't it be exactly the final boss that gives a bonus, instead of the final boss being pointless? And Rockwell Prime has not just ascension levels, but also a skin that you need the boss for to equip, and new tekgrams, while that is the true final chapter.

On 12/11/2021 at 11:47 PM, Xehanort said:

But if you say every creature that would be a limit for those who don't have the DLCs. So maybe you can add some levels for taming all the creatures on The Island and the remaining part for the other DLCs. Or add something new to include that part of players that don't have DLCs.

Yea, better also remove the ascension levels from Rockwell, Corrupted Master Controller, and Rockwell Prime, for people who don't have the DLCs. Also, to split up the levels would mean one of three things; either the King Titan doesn't have 5 levels per difficulty, or we don't have numbers dividable by 5 everywhere, or we have more than 200 levels. It wouldn't cleanly fit. And it's just 5 levels, people without the DLCs will cope.

And to design a part of game progression with 'completionism' in mind, it would already be a bit weird to cater to the people who don't purchase the DLCs, especially since it would be Wildcard's goal to get people to buy them.

8 hours ago, soepie7 said:

Good question: I would say every creature. I believe the achievement doesn't require that because it predates the new DLCs. But, just like we have extra levels for *all* explorer notes while having an achievement for only those on The Island, I feel like requiring players to tame everything is also in order.

At most I would question the creatures exclusive to the official mod maps, being the Griffin, Deinonychus, Tropeognathus, Crystal Wyverns, and those coming with Lost Island and Fjördur. I don't feel like we should be required to stray off of the story maps for such 'completion', which is also why I feel the Tek Light should be given to a boss on a story map.

But if you say every creature that would be a limit for those who don't have the DLCs. So maybe you can add some levels for taming all the creatures on The Island and the remaining part for the other DLCs. Or add something new to include that part of players that don't have DLCs.

33 minutes ago, Xehanort said:

The whole point of this is to get the player up to level 200, which would require you to own all the DLCs anyway.

On 10/30/2021 at 11:57 PM, soepie7 said:

So, currently we have a max level of 180: 105 + 5 chibi + 10 explorer notes + 4x15 ascensions.
Now, considering that with Genesis: Part 2 the final story DLC is out, its unlikely that we are going to get more from any new content, so I had an idea to get those final 20 levels without putting it in some of the Free DLCs.

First, the ascension from Extinction is an oddball. It is the only ascension with no bonus levels at all. The King Titan doesn't even have any new Tekgrams, and its only unique drop, the Mega Mek, cannot even be used outside of his own fight. Giving him ascension levels gives us finally a reason to beat him. An additional 15 levels then puts us to 195.

The final 5 levels? Well, we already get +10 levels from getting all explorer notes. How about a +5 levels from having tamed every creature? The creature dossiers already keep track of what you have tamed, so its already data the game keeps track of and thus people won't suddenly have to tame everything again and already have the means to see what creatures they are missing. This gives is then the final 5 levels to have a round max level of 200.

aaaaaaaaaa some advice and things to add about the game is? .... Interesting😅

On 12/12/2021 at 3:20 AM, Afterpartt said:

Wish they would add Ascension to Scorched Earth. Its the only official map that you don't ascens from. I really liked that map and sadly it's always very dead on pve

I think they won't since Helena and Rockwell didn't ascend killing the Manticore, they just used an obelisk. But that doesn't mean SE shouldn't have its own ascension, they could simply add a location where you can "ascend"

On 12/1/2021 at 12:28 AM, Xehanort said:

I love the idea of getting 5 more levels from taming every creature. But could be a little more specific? You mean every creature on the game or only the creature that are required to unlock the zoologist achiements?

Good question: I would say every creature. I believe the achievement doesn't require that because it predates the new DLCs. But, just like we have extra levels for *all* explorer notes while having an achievement for only those on The Island, I feel like requiring players to tame everything is also in order.

At most I would question the creatures exclusive to the official mod maps, being the Griffin, Deinonychus, Tropeognathus, Crystal Wyverns, and those coming with Lost Island and Fjördur. I don't feel like we should be required to stray off of the story maps for such 'completion', which is also why I feel the Tek Light should be given to a boss on a story map.

On 10/30/2021 at 5:57 PM, soepie7 said:

I agree with both of these ideas.  It would be a great incentive to work towards one of the biggest end-game boss fights (certainly biggest by scope) and get back to basics with taming.  I always thought it strange that the Ext boss fight didn't come with a max-level boost.  Maybe because it was originally designed to be the last chapter.

Archived