gamma overseer boss fight on single player settings what to bring?

angrybomb101

Hello i've been wondering about what to bring to the overseer boss fight on single player (single player settings are enabled) my current team is  10 therizino's and 1 yuty the theri's have 5k health and 300 melee and the yuty has 10k health. I have given the theri's veggie cakes to make things easier as for why i chose theri's over rex's is that they take less damage from the overseer's dragon form breath attack. My tek cave plan is to lure the giga's into the lava and brute force my way through everything else. Do i need to add anything else? Is there something i don't know about?  any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: difficulty is 0.2 btw

3 minutes ago, Mangost said:

Maybe get some more theris? you can bring up to 20 dinos to a fight. you can also try to breed for some higher stats.

I think I remember reading that you can bring more than 20 dinos into the Tek cave. The 20 creature limit only applies to the three Obelisk bosses (broodmother etc.) I believe. 

What difficulty are you playing on, 1 ? (ie./ Is the max wild dino level possible 150 ?) If so, then I doubt those Theri's will have enough HP mate

I know you can do it without tames, by using a tek suit and staying high, with a good shotgun, but I'm guessing you're going for the ground battle method. The best advice I can give is to breed your Theri's a bit, so that you have a decent amount of them, go for 15+, then go out and level them up a while (take a group of 4 at a time, to do it quickly), killing everything you see. try to get that HP up quite a bit, and of course, if you can get a decent saddle bp, to craft for each, that is massive. If you have some Rex and/or Megatherium to include in your army, it is a massive advantage (remember he takes on the form of all 3 bosses, so each of the 3 mentioned tames has their use in the battle) .. and for clarification, you can take upto 50 tames both through the Tek cave, and into the overseer arena (as long as you can fit them onto the teleport platform, just before entering the arena) .. :)

If you have difficulty below 1, perhaps 0.2 (the default I believe ?) you may be ok, i don't know, as I have no experience of playing on that difficulty. 

Whatever you do, I wish you the best of luck, it is a real good feeling to defeat the overseer, and the first time you see the ascension vid, is pretty cool .. Good luck, bud :)

23 hours ago, angrybomb101 said:

Hello i've been wondering about what to bring to the overseer boss fight on single player (single player settings are enabled) my current team is  10 therizino's and 1 yuty the theri's have 5k health and 300 melee and the yuty has 10k health. I have given the theri's veggie cakes to make things easier as for why i chose theri's over rex's is that they take less damage from the overseer's dragon form breath attack. My tek cave plan is to lure the giga's into the lava and brute force my way through everything else. Do i need to add anything else? Is there something i don't know about?  any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would strongly encourage a bred, mutated, and imprinted rex with both a tek rex saddle, and an ascendant grade saddle. As you work your way down the cave, you can use the tek saddle to make some cheeky shots at creatures from a distance, but you can then switch saddles for when things get a bit more up close and personal. Trust me, doing this saves a lot of HP for the final fight, however Id suggest two or even three of them, you can switch out as one gets beat up for a fresh one.

Next, a yuty following on passive but screaming at everything really helps. The extra damage your tames dish out and receive with its roar buff should not be overlooked. However you better throw in extra health mutations before a final imprint or putting all levels in health in a junk yuty you really don't care about loosing. 

A deadon can also be useful to heal your main ridden dino after going through the whole mess, however I would only use it to heal up just before the overseer. The pig will not be worth much in the main fight.

And last but not least, if you can manage to actually get them inside the cave entrance, I would add another 10-20 theri's. It would be a monumental pain in the rear to snake them down to the last area, however it is possible! Its slow and time consuming, but with enough finesse, you can get over half the allotted creatures to the final teleport pad. Now, trying to get them set up on the pad just right is a bit tricky, but you can bring cryopods to cryo up the extras if you need to, but if your able to get everyone on the pad, then you can take them to the final fight.

Last but not least, Id highly advise fully mutated theri's with minimum 30k health and 2k melee with as many cakes as they can carry. Weight should be the limit, not just "I gave them 10 each"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This load out should see you through the gamma, beta, and alpha runs......good luck!

Thanks for the advice. About that rex tek saddle idea it's not possible for me since i did all the boss fights on gamma and rex tek saddle drops from alpha megapithecus. My theri's don't have any mutations but i only used the parents with the highest stats also should've mentioned this but im playing on 0.2 diffculty so the max lvl is 36. I'll try to incorporate your ideas to the best of my ability thanks again.

2 hours ago, angrybomb101 said:

Thanks for the advice. About that rex tek saddle idea it's not possible for me since i did all the boss fights on gamma and rex tek saddle drops from alpha megapithecus. My theri's don't have any mutations but i only used the parents with the highest stats also should've mentioned this but im playing on 0.2 diffculty so the max lvl is 36. I'll try to incorporate your ideas to the best of my ability thanks again.

Id reeeeeeally think about doing that megapithicus run. That rex tek saddle will pay for itself in this run and when you move on to extinction, would be usefull for some easy supply drops. 

But if you decide to go ahead anyhow, at least breed some more theri's. Your gonna need more muscle if nothing else.

Also how has the run felt so far? Does it feel easy or hard? Honestly I feel like its harder playing on a run with low level creatures. Like I can kill an alpha rex with a lvl 100 wild argy, but its suicide to do it on a bred and imprinted 36 argy after an additional 50 level ups.

3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Id reeeeeeally think about doing that megapithicus run. That rex tek saddle will pay for itself in this run and when you move on to extinction, would be usefull for some easy supply drops. 

But if you decide to go ahead anyhow, at least breed some more theri's. Your gonna need more muscle if nothing else.

Also how has the run felt so far? Does it feel easy or hard? Honestly I feel like its harder playing on a run with low level creatures. Like I can kill an alpha rex with a lvl 100 wild argy, but its suicide to do it on a bred and imprinted 36 argy after an additional 50 level ups.

The run is easy enough where i can get away with under leveling for the three guardian bossfight's on gamma at least. I mean for the megapithecus i just got 8 rexe's 2 of which were not imprinted and 1 yuty they had 5k health and 300 melee each with primitive saddles i finished the boss fight with 3k health remaining on each rex.

Another thing about the level cap is that it's for wild dino's, the level cap is still 150 but wild dino's can only spawn at 36 or below the only exceptions are tek and cave dino's. With that said the max level for my tamed theri's would be 126 (17 for taming bonus + 73 by lvl up) i should've specified that.

13 hours ago, angrybomb101 said:

The run is easy enough where i can get away with under leveling for the three guardian bossfight's on gamma at least. I mean for the megapithecus i just got 8 rexe's 2 of which were not imprinted and 1 yuty they had 5k health and 300 melee each with primitive saddles i finished the boss fight with 3k health remaining on each rex.

Another thing about the level cap is that it's for wild dino's, the level cap is still 150 but wild dino's can only spawn at 36 or below the only exceptions are tek and cave dino's. With that said the max level for my tamed theri's would be 126 (17 for taming bonus + 73 by lvl up) i should've specified that.

Fair enough, I figured the boss fights would feel either easier or fair, but I was talking about just playing on the island itself. Especially the cave runs. It always felt much tougher to do it on easy mode vs max difficulty mode. Granted, the boss fights are nothing to snuff at, and indeed this run though it was a lot harder against the broodmother fight. Id actually compare the alpha broodmother to gamma or maybe even beta dragon runs.

But I was also wondering if maybe it was just me. The only way I could compare is I use my argy for pretty much everything on the island. Need meat? Go kill a bunch of bronto's with my argy. Need tributes? Argy. Gotta get the alpha rex head, argy.....unless Im on easy mode. If Im on easy mode, I would have to use something a bit beefier to take down the alpha rex.

On 10/30/2021 at 7:57 AM, wizard03 said:

Fair enough, I figured the boss fights would feel either easier or fair, but I was talking about just playing on the island itself. Especially the cave runs. It always felt much tougher to do it on easy mode vs max difficulty mode. Granted, the boss fights are nothing to snuff at, and indeed this run though it was a lot harder against the broodmother fight. Id actually compare the alpha broodmother to gamma or maybe even beta dragon runs.

But I was also wondering if maybe it was just me. The only way I could compare is I use my argy for pretty much everything on the island. Need meat? Go kill a bunch of bronto's with my argy. Need tributes? Argy. Gotta get the alpha rex head, argy.....unless Im on easy mode. If Im on easy mode, I would have to use something a bit beefier to take down the alpha rex.

i have never encountered a alpha rex so i wouldn't know but i have fought a few alpha carno's. The first time i brute forced my way and it didn't work the other times i used hit and run tactics you know hit run kill a parasaur and heal it makes the fights much more engaging. I don't think that i can kill a alpha rex though maybe if my argy was more focused on health and melee but i basically pumped all the points into weight and stamina. But i think that the difficulty is just right.

For the caves it could be just me but i don't find them all that hard. Most of the time when i get killed in them it's usually something stupid i've done like falling all the way down to the bottom in the north east cave. but if it's the cave's themselves as long as i got the right dino matchup i'm fine like a megatherium in swamp cave or a basilo in the cavern of lost faith as long as i got the that it wouldn't be hard.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:59 AM, angrybomb101 said:

i have never encountered a alpha rex so i wouldn't know but i have fought a few alpha carno's. The first time i brute forced my way and it didn't work the other times i used hit and run tactics you know hit run kill a parasaur and heal it makes the fights much more engaging. I don't think that i can kill a alpha rex though maybe if my argy was more focused on health and melee but i basically pumped all the points into weight and stamina. But i think that the difficulty is just right.

For the caves it could be just me but i don't find them all that hard. Most of the time when i get killed in them it's usually something stupid i've done like falling all the way down to the bottom in the north east cave. but if it's the cave's themselves as long as i got the right dino matchup i'm fine like a megatherium in swamp cave or a basilo in the cavern of lost faith as long as i got the that it wouldn't be hard.

best way to deal with a alpha carno is to land ontop of a gentle slope or hill, and then time your attacks just right to knock the carno back as he is climbing the hill. This way he can't hit you, but you can hit him over and over.....but the hit and run tactics work too. Just so long as you keep an eye on stamina. Very easy to misjudge your stamina useage and then you gotta go toe to toe with the beast or take a beating while you wait for your stamina to recharge enough to get away.

Archived