Jump to content

Another thatch bomb topic


DaRyuujin

Recommended Posts

So...I'm wondering will Devs ever decide that thatch bomb trolls who come to a server with literally only the goal of ruining other players experience in PVE as griefers and start to crack down on this? 

This is a problem that's been around for quite awhile and frankly I'm worried that at this rate it will still be an issue with the full game's release, an issue that could potentially turn off a lot of people from this game. We had ourselves a peaceful server until one guy came into it and thatch bombed everywhere he could just to break all the spawns and troll people. He logs on each day to reset the timers and throw down more. He isn't claiming land, he isn't building a base and he doesn't even have a tribe, it's just him killing spawns to troll and grief other players.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5046DF341C57FF27!160&authkey=!AExgX5Eh2aY-LOw&ithint=video%2cmp4


This is the type of thing I'm talking about, he has been killing every spawn he can. The only reason we have anything left is because a few tribes went on a pillar spree to try and contain him, kind of hard to pillar off the entire south jungle to stop him though. This is just a portion of his thatch bomb. He is constantly expanding despite people trying to put up pillars to stop him. I just don't see why griefing behavior is allowed, if a player is going into a server with the sole purpose of ruining as many players experience as possible that should to me be an issue. He was even bragging this isn't the first server he has done it to and that he made another servers population drop off to nearly nothing due to his constant thatch bombing everywhere and anywhere he could. 

IK this topic has been had again and again, but damn some kind of rules need to be set for official servers. It's one thing on pvp where players can fight back, but in PVE players are at the mercy of trolls, I just don't see this as right. I just had to say something about it. I mean hell I already watched the servers average population start to drop right after this guy showed up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, loops73 said:

For this very reason, I hope they allow us to rent our own servers on xbox when the game releases.

Oh I'm PRAYING for that day. Soon as rent-able servers are available I'm grabbing a 3-6 month server (depending on how they have the renting set up)  Even if the game isn't at full release state at that point. The server will be set up just like an official with the only rules being no thatch bombing, no over reaching land grabbing and no breaking of vital RSS spawns.

Either way I still feel they need some sort of guidelines for official servers and some way to report players/tribes for server admins to check up on the situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mystalias said:

This is why a solid claim mechanic is needed for pve servers... or procedural generation so there's always somewhere else to go... Preferably both.... (and admins for the edge cases)

I think admins would go a long way until some sort of actual mechanic is in place, just letting thatch bomb trolls run free until they is just...bad lol, especially if they kill a servers population.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your name looks kinda familiar. Xbox Center server 670? I can't watch the video. If so, I know who you're taking about, and agree these kind of people need to be banned and there needs to be a way to remove their junk. 

I'm on Tropical South and I think we've avoided most of this guy's spam because a few of us pillar all free space and watch for decaying structures to remove. Still have some foundations local tribes can't figure out how to replace though. 

There really should be a limit to how much land any one person can claim, and any non attached structure should have rapid decay. 

I swear Ark needs a zoning committee... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see a reason to limit how much anyone can get on a pve server... if they'd just expand how much land there is to be able to handle a full server worth of people. I've seen Minecraft servers where just one guy built for miles and miles over the course of months... Requiring people to build slightly more than just a pillar to claim/protect space will just have people building towers of pillars or mini thatch huts everywhere....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brokenmessiah said:

Your name looks kinda familiar. Xbox Center server 670? I can't watch the video. If so, I know who you're taking about, and agree these kind of people need to be banned and there needs to be a way to remove their junk. 

I'm on Tropical South and I think we've avoided most of this guy's spam because a few of us pillar all free space and watch for decaying structures to remove. Still have some foundations local tribes can't figure out how to replace though. 

There really should be a limit to how much land any one person can claim, and any non attached structure should have rapid decay. 

I swear Ark needs a zoning committee... 

Yup 670 the server that everybody hates bam bam lol. We got one one day and most the the damage had be done, we did what we could to block him from going any further west. We couldn't do anything about him moving up towards the center of the jungle south though because well we are only one tribe and it's kind of hard to build your tribe while trying to block players from trying to ruin other players experiences. I'm sure you've seen my tribe (The Wild Hunt) as well as others offer to give this guy pillars to replace the foundation. All he cares about is the troll.

 

1 hour ago, Mystalias said:

I don't see a reason to limit how much anyone can get on a pve server... if they'd just expand how much land there is to be able to handle a full server worth of people. I've seen Minecraft servers where just one guy built for miles and miles over the course of months... Requiring people to build slightly more than just a pillar to claim/protect space will just have people building towers of pillars or mini thatch huts everywhere....

I don't mind people claiming land, but until there are larger maps it's rather excessive for one person to take up space that 3-4 tribes of 5 or so people could have set up in and still had space between them. My main issue is when people "claim land" just to break spawns to hinder other players play experience. This guy didn't claim land he just thatch bombed as much as he could and keeps expanding just to try and break every dino/rss spawn he possibly can.

I don't wanna limit players on PVE, but I would like to see the abusive players limited lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough. This is where I see the mighty pillar coming in handy (as well as selective no build areas set by the map designers)

I also wish it wasn't possible to set a foundation/pillar/gate in such a way that it prevented building inside someone else's base. Too bad we can't partition areas like Qix did it. On a couple occasions I've started building a place only to have someone plop down a pillar on me midbuild that kept me from finishing...  Now I generally rush straight to learning rafts and pillars and pillar the area I want to build in first, giving extra leeway around to keep anyone from doing this to me...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DaRyuujin said:

Yup 670 the server that everybody hates bam bam lol. We got one one day and most the the damage had be done, we did what we could to block him from going any further west. We couldn't do anything about him moving up towards the center of the jungle south though because well we are only one tribe and it's kind of hard to build your tribe while trying to block players from trying to ruin other players experiences. I'm sure you've seen my tribe (The Wild Hunt) as well as others offer to give this guy pillars to replace the foundation. All he cares about is the troll. 

I'm JD from Ark Survey Corps. If you guys need any help, even just scanning for decaying structures, just let me know, though I won't be on this weekend at all. Hoping the trolls aren't either. 

We have a tribe on our island that also threw a fit when asked to switch to pillars. They even spent a few days leading dinos into bases(RIP phiomia) and following people around stealing resources. By now they've stretched as far in their area as they could, killing every spawn but they're pillared in now. If i hadn't pillared the bay, I'm sure they'd have killed the spawns there too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...