Metal Piping Too High Above Ground :(

MayonnaisePlease

Built on one of the high paths on Aberration, have a nice looking base but sad I can't irrigate it. Any pipes I put down over the edge to try and get down to the river and I get the "Too high above ground" message.

I'm aware I can stack a ton of metal reservoirs, but don't you need a direct source to water for the Industrial Cooker to work? :/

8 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

It might be a pain in the butt but try going from the water up instead of down, start with the water intake and go up. The hard part (which is made easier by flexible piping) will be connecting the new one from the one that already exists.

I gave that a shot in SP, my base is about double the height of when the restriction starts haha. Well if Indy Cookers work with reservoirs I won't mind building a ton of those instead :)

14 minutes ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

I gave that a shot in SP, my base is about double the height of when the restriction starts haha. Well if Indy Cookers work with reservoirs I won't mind building a ton of those instead :)

Ohhh I see what the problem is, thats a dumb problem! The wiki only says it has to be connected to a pipe not that it has to be connected to an intake. 

1 minute ago, Cowgirl said:

Ohhh I see what the problem is, thats a dumb problem! The wiki only says it has to be connected to a pipe not that it has to be connected to an intake. 

Yep! I guess a patch came out in 2019 allowing Cookers to take any water source rather than just an intake. Guess i'm still scarred from way back haha 

13 minutes ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

Yep! I guess a patch came out in 2019 allowing Cookers to take any water source rather than just an intake. Guess i'm still scarred from way back haha 

I was transitioning my friends massive base from like 12 high regular walls to 3 high large walls to help the loading and I was afraid to change a portion because even though in theory it should 100% be ok, you never know with Ark, I know your feels xD (he built his tek rep and a lot of important stuff on the roof and I was afraid of accidentally making the roof collapse somehow.)

2 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

Built on one of the high paths on Aberration, have a nice looking base but sad I can't irrigate it. Any pipes I put down over the edge to try and get down to the river and I get the "Too high above ground" message.

I'm aware I can stack a ton of metal reservoirs, but don't you need a direct source to water for the Industrial Cooker to work? :/

no, you can use just reservoirs in green zone.  In blue i don't think it would work, but in green it does w/out direct water hook up.  Add in enough water resevoirs and the system will refill as fast as a direct water connection.

13 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

sadly in aberration, the only real solution is to either build on a water location, or to run as many reservoirs as you can. And Im talking about other things that can store water too.....crop plots are kind of like their own reservoir, so only built large. Cookers, maybe even canteens and such.....more or less, you got to have the ability to have water on hand for this, that, or survival.

With that said, no you do not have to have direct water source for the cooker. But it is nice to have when you go into mass manufacturing foods. Say you want to cook up 100 cakes and then 1000 med brews, better have enough water in reservoirs and the cooker to do it all.

the good news is that this will work in any zone....red blue green, heck just on the inside of the caves that go to the surface. You can gather and use water anywhere with those reservoirs. 

Archived