My player is still dead when reverting saves?

bluefish9981

7 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Same directory as the world save.

You'll have to restore all the files from the save directory otherwise other players could end up out of sync with the world save.

How can I do that, all I have been doing was renaming the .ark files because that's what I read online, is there a tool for this?

If you've only been renaming the ark files, then you won't have the files you need to restore your character.
The save directories will have .arktribe and .arkprofile .arktributetribe files that relate to characters and tribes.  You need to backup all of these files.

It's difficult to recommend a backup strategy without knowing the details of your server.  I use a combination of DOS batch scripts and 7zip running on a timer to create regular backups away from the server's files.

1 minute ago, Larkfields said:

If you've only been renaming the ark files, then you won't have the files you need to restore your character.
The save directories will have .arktribe and .arkprofile .arktributetribe files that relate to characters and tribes.  You need to backup all of these files.

It's difficult to recommend a backup strategy without knowing the details of your server.  I use a combination of DOS batch scripts and 7zip running on a timer to create regular backups away from the server's files.

I see, so basically nothing I can do to recover my current character, and just for the future I need to create custom backups?

Archived