Up the mating radius for megalodons and possibly for other water creatures

Zalcano

Suggestion

Being new player, I am very interested in ocean exploration given how barely anyone is interested in deep waters on the server I play on. Wanting to a strong megalodon pack for gen1 missions, I came to the realization how frustrating feels water breeding, especially with those who give birth compared to laying an egg.

On the screenshot, I've placed as tight as game enables it. Nose to the ground, body into the corner, placed male into the middle and male can't even mate with 2 females in all directions on the same height from the ground. You get moved in water, your tames have inertia making it harder to place them, you require additional textures to place tightly everybody, megalodons also give birth when children are stuck inside their model and with all of that uncomfortable stuff they have uncomfortable wonky mating range somewhere around 1.9 amount of their model size.

Players can place ground dinos into the air and mate one female with up to 50 females with zero hassle, therefore giving megalodons more love, so, they could at least comfortable mate with 2 females to every side of them every time seems fair. They Also got a TLC somewhere not so long ago. I am passionate about having great time with friends both on the ground and in water, but it becomes hard.

Thanks for the attention. And if anyone is wise enough to tell me if changing mating radius somehow affects balance, I will be very glad to get informed

GeForceNOW_tKc13d9s6g.jpg

3 replies to this server topic

It is even worse when you don't put them nose to the ground as tight as possible. Male megalodon is covered with females as tight as I could put them horizontally, but he only mates with 7 of them total(6 circled and one straight below). They are pack hunters, they are supposed to be used in groups, but can not even mate as a group properly. Wild Card, please, give water breeding some love

GeForceNOW_L9RkT1IO56.jpg

The should also adjust where the megalodon baby pops out of the parent. They always pop out inside of the parent's tail which makes it very difficult to claim the baby. If they lowered the spawn out location just a tad, I feel they would be easier to breed.  

Have you had issues with the babies constantly wandering after claiming? When i claim the baby, they wander away. So i have to have them following the maewing at the lowest setting so they always come back when they swim out of range. So weird. 

Archived