Random unpowered fridges/cryofridges?

Cowgirl

I logged in last night and half of my fridges/cryo fridges were unpowered. They shouldnt have been, I didnt remove anything and from what I can tell in the tribe log nothing was broken. I had to add new wires and muck with stuff to get them going again and then I had to spend 2 hours hunting to refill the meat stocks. The unpowered fridges were mixed in with the powered ones and they all had connections to the power boxes, it was like one of the main wires just stopped working. I was wondering if that happened to anyone else? It was on legacy PVE theisland. I found another cryofridge in a different base that was dead too and the pod in it was dead so it must have been a while.

5 hours ago, LadyofHats said:

this happens to me too, specially ac and egghatchers they become unpowered. often have to place a new electric junction for them to sudenly work again

Urg I hope this is not a new regular thing, I hate mucking with electric stuff because of the chance that this could happen so I avoid it as much as possible.

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I had an issue the other day on my single player run. I noticed my cryo pods was half depleted. o.o

I put in a tek gen right after that, so far so good on any power issues, but those half depleted cryo pods are taking forever to recharge. 

Thats weird, I wonder if your fridges were unpowered for a while and then got power again.

• Cowgirl changed the title to Random unpowered fridges/cryofridges?
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

Thats weird, I wonder if your fridges were unpowered for a while and then got power again.

As a warning:  I'm sure you might know but be extremely careful with unpowered cryofridges...  There have been multiple instances of years' worth of breeding shot to hell because of an unpowered fridge.  And I don't mean, you didn't power your genny for 2 months and all your tames died.  I mean, you lose power on a fridge for 3 days and all the cryopods die.

A good rule of thumb is to never open an unpowered fridge.  What happened to me is that I had a 7-8 day break from ARK where I couldn't log in and it broke my electrical cables in my fully 'podded base.  I knew this break was coming but I was built out of metal (under important things) and stone.  I opened a fridge of fully charged cryopods that had been in an unpowered fridge for a week, and BAM!  Tribelog full of " dinoName (lvl 368 Therizinosaurus) died in a cryopod!"  MY BEST GUESS is:  When you put a 'pod in a cryofridge and it charges to full, it then begins depleting somehow even though it shows as fully charged.  I should add too, the generator was still friggin' running.  You might know of this rule but if not, be warned:  Cryopods deplete charge in a weirdly aggressive way when the power is taken away from the fridge they are in.

As for why yours were unpowered, electrical cables are considered "wood" for decay and combat purposes (for whatever stupid reason).  Is it possible you were away for a while (longer than the wood decay timer?)

16 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

As a warning:  I'm sure you might know but be extremely careful with unpowered cryofridges...  There have been multiple instances of years' worth of breeding shot to hell because of an unpowered fridge.  And I don't mean, you didn't power your genny for 2 months and all your tames died.  I mean, you lose power on a fridge for 3 days and all the cryopods die.

A good rule of thumb is to never open an unpowered fridge.  What happened to me is that I had a 7-8 day break from ARK where I couldn't log in and it broke my electrical cables in my fully 'podded base.  I knew this break was coming but I was built out of metal (under important things) and stone.  I opened a fridge of fully charged cryopods that had been in an unpowered fridge for a week, and BAM!  Tribelog full of " dinoName (lvl 368 Therizinosaurus) died in a cryopod!"  MY BEST GUESS is:  When you put a 'pod in a cryofridge and it charges to full, it then begins depleting somehow even though it shows as fully charged.  I should add too, the generator was still friggin' running.  You might know of this rule but if not, be warned:  Cryopods deplete charge in a weirdly aggressive way when the power is taken away from the fridge they are in.

As for why yours were unpowered, electrical cables are considered "wood" for decay and combat purposes (for whatever stupid reason).  Is it possible you were away for a while (longer than the wood decay timer?)

Nope I was on a few days before that, and nothing had decayed, half the fridges still had power. If you lose power to your cryofridges you want to restore power before opening them and then your pods should be ok. I kind of absentmindedly opened the one, thankfully it only had one pod and it was a dire bear that I have never done anything with (it was a friend of mine who gave me his base)

11 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

It had to have been like that for a month Im guessing. On official, I could understand cause the server never shuts down, and just a couple of weeks is all it would take to mess em up that bad. But since Im on single player it shuts down ever time I log out of the map, or play other games, Im suspect that its been unpowered since I put it in or something. But the cable is yellow and flows power and the cryo fridge has a wire coming from it to the outlet box.

Its the weirdest thing Iv ever seen.

Archived